SD question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Maybe we can chalk it up to Radio Shack being a knowledge-less hawker of overpriced electronics that they don't really understand. I've found them to be perfectly fine if I'm ducking in to pick up something I know I need... but ask a question and get a deer-in-the-headlights look, or some rambling bull**** excuse of an answer that anyone with a modicum of relevant knowledge will see through in an instant.
I don't disagree, but I went in and told him exactly what I needed. He looked at my battery and said, "This isn't rechargeable" And, I said, "Yes it is-- I have a charger for it, but I need another one". And, he said, "Well, what is it for?" hahahaha. I hate when people ask this kind of stuff. . . what business is it of his, really? I didn't want to explain what it's for to him. And, I talk about this all the time, but that's NOT what I wanted to explain at all. So I said, It's just for some things I have. He probably thought it was for something else entirely. 8-o

On the other hand, when I was in Walgreen's yesterday and the guy in front of me was looking at the nicorette stuff, I practically dragged him out to my car and made him take a drag off the e-cig I had with me.

Last edited:

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
.......So I said, It's just for some things I have. He probably thought it was for something else entirely. 8-o
I can't stop laughing at that. "Some things I have".:D
He probably immediately thought this...

classic_time_bomb.jpg

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
I don't disagree, but I went in and told him exactly what I needed. He looked at my battery and said, "This isn't rechargeable" And, I said, "Yes it is-- I have a charger for it, but I need another one". And, he said, "Well, what is it for?" hahahaha. I hate when people ask this kind of stuff. . . what business is it of his, really? I didn't want to explain what it's for to him. And, I talk about this all the time, but that's NOT what I wanted to explain at all. So I said, It's just for some things I have. He probably thought it was for something else entirely. 8-o

On the other hand, when I was in Walgreen's yesterday and the guy in front of me was looking at the nicorette stuff, I practically dragged him out to my car and made him take a drag off the e-cig I had with me.

Ah.. when I said they are ok if you know what you want, I meant if you know the part number of what you want and can go in and find it yourself. I should have been more clear :)

I am getting ready to order a SD this week as soon as Trog gets some more made. After reading tis, guess the take ome message for me is to order in adance some spare atteries and a charger from Deal Exreme and steer clear of Radio Shack except in emergencies.

That way, I will have the shorter batteries, and reliable standby's I guess for atomizers we need to make sure theyare the newer 4075's I think?

I wonder if there is something added to some batteries that can keep the voltage regulated at 4.5 by increasing the "speed of the water" in the earlier analogy as the "water" is used.
up. I haven't studied electronics, but I have some physics and it makes sense that some devices need a constant voltage. What is a capacitor?

funkyZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2009
Indianapolis, Indiana USA
Ah.. when I said they are ok if you know what you want, I meant if you know the part number of what you want and can go in and find it yourself. I should have been more clear :)

And only of it's a battery, usb cable or RC car.
That's all they sell now. The store is useless now. I go there when I am waiting for my turn at the barber shop and need to kill time since it's right next door. I like to loiter around and make them think I'm a shoplifter by looking over my shoulder a lot. Keeps them pretty busy trying to follow me around. Of course, I'm pretty easy to entertain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread