Sealed MANUAL 801 Battery Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I just stumbled onto this. It was mentioned, almost in passing, in this thread.

I checked out the Ruyan Direct / Heaven Gifts site and yes indeed: a Sealed MANUAL 801 Battery being sold for $9.00. Available in matte black or stainless steel. It may very well be available elsewhere, but I haven't checked further (this is the only China supplier I've ever dealt with).

[NOTE: It will not work with the charger for your 801 auto battery. You would have to purchase either the "charging adapter for DSE801 manual battery" or "USB Charger for DSE801 manual battery." Each is being sold for $3.50.]

I don't know anything about it (beyond what it says on their website): whether it is the greatest gift from heaven (so to speak;)) or a piece of garbage or (most likely) somewhere in between.

Ironically, I'm waiting for delivery of an 801 auto battery I had ordered from them.:oops:

I encourage others to post more information as it comes in, e.g., other suppliers, background stories, and ASAP personal experience using it.

BeanCounter

May 13, 2009
North Carolina
I have two on the way from Ruyan. I will let you know how they work out. I neglected to get the charger but will be ordering again soon. I have used the autos and am not impressed. About the same as any other 801 auto, I guess. However, the 801 atty they sell---it will choke you---tons of vapor. Their service is great and their replacement warranties are fantastic. I am waiting on replacements now and did not even have to send in the bad stuff first. This is the only place I will buy from if I have a choice. Oh, I am getting their e-juice, too. I know their mint is smooth but I am going to try other flavors. My order should be here tomorrow.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
For me, learning of the 801 manual battery was big news! I was surprised (and disappointed) that for a couple days no one had responded.:( Thanks to you folks for doing so!

I have two on the way from Ruyan. I will let you know how they work out. I neglected to get the charger but will be ordering again soon. I have used the autos and am not impressed. About the same as any other 801 auto, I guess. However, the 801 atty they sell---it will choke you---tons of vapor. Their service is great and their replacement warranties are fantastic. I am waiting on replacements now and did not even have to send in the bad stuff first. This is the only place I will buy from if I have a choice. Oh, I am getting their e-juice, too. I know their mint is smooth but I am going to try other flavors. My order should be here tomorrow.

Bean, please do let us know how they work out. [Of course without a charger, you may not be using them for awhile.;)]

I agree with you about Ruyan's attys (at least based on the one that I've gotten from them thus far) ... about Ruyan overall (including their inexpensive and tasty juice) ... and about the 801 in general. Like Kate, I love my big battery container (in my case Prodigy, with 801 adapter), but sometimes (especially when I'm out and about) I enjoy the elegant look, smoothness* and flavor from my 801 penstyle.

* The fact that it doesn't have much throat hit is appealing to me sometimes, e.g., when I vape 0mg sweet-tooth flavors (my favorite so far is Butter Rum).

John, thank you for the info on Rocky Mountain Vapor! Their prices are higher, but that Free Shipping makes up for it. And, as Richie pointed out, their U.S. location makes for faster receipt. Also, they are one of the very few U.S. suppliers that meets my personal benchmark for e-liquid prices: 50 cents/ml (Ruyan transends my benchmark, but there is that postage).

Recently I've participated in co-op orders from Ruyans organized by CyberWolf (a South Florida neighbor) - it cuts the shipping costs down to domestic shipping size (other than RMV, of course).

Let's share our experiences with the 801 manual during the weeks to come.:)

Perhaps someday someone will come out with a PCC for the 801. That would be neat. Of course, it might be a kind of big.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
They are! It is wonderful not to have to worry about liquid running into the battery. No more sticking internal switches! Heaven on a stick. Ha.

That said, one thing that is noticible... the voltage seems to be less. Probably because of the switch. The auto pumps out more vapor than the manual. Not tons more, but it is noticible.

The other issue is the buttons weren't made right on the first run of them, and I lost a few. The supplier sent me a bunch of replacements that were made better (taller, and stay in the unit better, almost like the 510 button is). The 801 passthroughs were the same button (and I lost a few of those too).

Still, I wouldn't go back to the auto.

Crooooow come join our Social Group (VIP) we meet up once a month and have a great time!!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Anyone like the Manual over the auto?

I like *some* manual batteries, e.g., the 501 and Prodigy. But I am *not* impressed by the 801 manual. I ordered one to try out. When it worked, it generated less vapor, flavor, and throat hit than the auto batt. Sometimes the button was sticky and difficult to engage. And after two days, it got stuck inside the battery casing, never to be seen again.

No thanks.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
wait, so what about the BE112 manual batts from bestecig? They have the same connector and voltage, so it would seem they use the same charger. Anybody had any experience with those?

Not that I'm going to wait for a reply... I'll just go ahead and get one :p

And then report back here!;) Please do let us know how you like it.

For myself, I just ordered an M201 (atty and auto battery). I will report back my impressions.

donnellyk

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
I've been using my DSE801 manual starter kit I got from Heavengifts 2 months ago and have not lost an atty nor had any issues with the batt or pushbutton. I only drip with my 801 as they are notorious for sweating cartridges that have wicking issues no matter the mod but are FANTASTIC for dripping...

I also ordered extra 801 batts and attys that I rotate (I have only rotated with ONE and haven't checked out the others, they're back-up) with no issues! I have also ordered all my 510 stuff from them and Dekang liquid is 30ml for $9!!

Happy with their customer service as well, Wayne answers my emails promptly and seems concerned about customer satisfaction...lately I've been enamored with my new VK for convenience at work and on the road, but I will continue to purchase my hardware for other PV's and liquid from Heavengifts!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Well, my manual batts from bestecig showed up today, and they look good!:)
It's a bit odd that my USB passthrough works so much better than my standard automatic batts, even though they're both auto.

Anyway, I'm charging a manual up now; will report back later

Thanks, Glitterati! Looking forward to your report.

My first impression of the M201 is not positive, but I wouldn't draw conclusions from it. The atty died after three days (but Shawn has graciously agreed to replace it). Probably just a "lemon."

The battery is fine; in fact it works with my DSE801 and BE112 atomizers and can be recharged in my screw-in charger. I didn't expect that. [As advertised, the reverse does not work, i.e., 201 atty with 801 or Prodigy battery.]

Glitterati

Oct 29, 2009
St. Louis
Report:

BE112 Manual Batts = :thumbs:

Don't know what else to say. They work exactly as expected, and they charge in my standard BE112 charger. Their total capacity is rated slightly under that of the standard auto, but I have yet to wear down the one I started on hours ago. Also, the button is nice and crisp (at least, compared to my 512).

Basically, next time you need to stock up on atties, I'd highly recommend getting a couple of these to try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread