Searching for elderly vaper for magazine feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there! I'm John, a writer for vape Unlimited Magazine, and I'm looking for a senior vaper to write a feature story on. Hopefully, this person will have quit tobacco after many years for health reasons, to live longer, or something similar. Ideally, we're looking for a "success story"--a senior who "vapes so he/she can watch his grandchildren grow up," etc. This story will run in our premier print issue, scheduled for publication in May.

If you're an elderly vaper, or know of such a person, I'd love to hear from you! You can either send me a PM, or reply to this thread. Thanks!! :)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I LOVED smoking--for 51 years (age 17 to 68). I got my first E-Cigarette kit about 20 months ago ONLY to use in restaurants, stores, etc. (ie. I had NO thoughts about giving up tobacco cigarettes.)

Interestingly...after I received my kit, loaded it with juice and "fired it up"...EVERY time I've felt the urge to inhale some smoke, blow out some smoke rings and get a hit of nicotine...I've reached for my E-Cigarette rather than a regular cigarette from the pack (for the first month or so) sitting right next to it! It just smells and tastes SO MUCH BETTER.

The health improvements and $ savings ended up being, although significant, for me, just secondary advantages.

So in reality I, actually, quit tobacco cigarettes "by accident" after trying my first E-Cigarette.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
There are many that smoked for so long. For me, I don't want to be pulling an oxygen tank around. I think there are others in the same boat. Also, it is just socially not accepted anymore.

Anyway, I think we all see it as Tobacco Harm Reduction. No one claims that it is a perfect answer, but we do believe that the only thing that vaping has in relation to cigarettes is nicotine. My doctor approved and my dentist has noticed a change in my gums.

I can taste now so much better, I can smell, I don't smell, I breathe so much better and I have not been sick since I started, where I was sick when smoking. These are the benefits that seem consistent and you will run across them as you ask.

I don't care if it is not perfection, life is a lot better for me and those around me.

I think, that if you ask a forum moderator, that you can probably do a poll on specifics that you want to consider.

Good luck!

Winchester

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Califorina
Hi, I am 63 and I smoked for 35 years and I have not had an analog in almost 3 years. My son who is manages a very successful vape shop in Long Beach ragged me for months to quit and start vaping. He got me started 3 years ago. I think because his grandfather died when he was 8 years old. He has made a point of making sure I stay alive so his kids get to grow with me and my wife around so we can share our life with them. There is a lot more to this story but, I am not going to ramble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread