Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
it is known to be addictive, anyone who has tried to quit smoking can attest along with several studies...
But this is most likely a fail, given that you are conflating nicotine with smoking...
Some research on the seemingly minimal addictive potential of nicotine when divorced from tobacco...

and it is a poison, It has been sold to kill insects and if you get some in a high enough concentration on your skin it can kill you.
And I also consider this to be a bogus argument...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...dont-let-anyone-tell-you-nicotine-poison.html

But if you're still willing to keep that line of thought going, then at least recognize the same is true for caffeine.
Both nicotine and caffeine are alkaloid stimulants that were developed by plants to keep insects away.

I can certainly see a rational person not wanting to breath an addictive poison.
A rational person, maybe, if they have been sufficiently brainwashed by years of such efforts from those who want to see us go away.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I posted a lot of links, what are you doing besides trying to ridicule both myself and the facts I posted?
I can post a lot more if you want, just tell me specifically what you don't believe that I have posted about in this thread.

Here's one on the beneficial properties of nicotine...
Nicotine could be put on list of banned substances

If you'd prefer studies, I can dig up a bunch of them.

Do you want some links on the Parkinsons and Alzheimers stuff?
I got those too.

How about the anti-germicidal properties of propylene glycol?
The four major types of germs are: bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa
Want some of those studies?

Last edited:

danfinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
Virgo Super Cluster
I posted a lot of links, what are you doing besides trying to ridicule both myself and the facts I posted?
I can post a lot more if you want, just tell me specifically what you don't believe that I have posted about in this thread.

Here's one on the beneficial properties of nicotine...
Nicotine could be put on list of banned substances

If you'd prefer studies, I can dig up a bunch of them.

Do you want some links on the Parkinsons and Alzheimers stuff?
I got those too.

How about the anti-germicidal properties of propylene glycol?
The four major types of germs are: bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa
Want some of those studies?

Pass. I've given up on arguing with religious zealots. They have found their 'truth'.

danfinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
Virgo Super Cluster
Because you haven't swallowed biased sources hook, line, and sinker?

How many decades did it take to brainwash YOU?
Rampant Antismoking Signifies Grave Danger

Give me a break.

You're a pawn in THEIR game.
And you're not helping our cause by perpetuating their propaganda.

wow what an awesome link to a totally neutral, non-biased source!

Here's another great one:

https://www.freedomfchs.com/information/electronic-harassment

And it seems like your 'cause' is to be inconsiderate of others because of some oddly derived 'right' to vape wherever you want. So no, I can't get behind a cause that promotes people being inconsiderate of others.

Think of OP. Let's substitute a radio at his desk instead of vape. He likes listening to oh, I don't know, German speed reggae. He does it a low volume but it is still audible to everyone in the room. It's a completely benign thing he's doing right? Shouldn't he have the right to listen to German speed reggae? Even if his coworkers don't like it? Doesn't harm them in any way right?

It's still inconsiderate.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
And it seems like your 'cause' is to be inconsiderate of others because of some oddly derived 'right' to vape wherever you want.
So no, I can't get behind a cause that promotes people being inconsiderate of others.
Thanks for trying to paint a picture of me that has absolutely nothing to do with me.

I was about the most considerate smoker there ever was.
And I vape approximately the same way.

But if you can't refute the arguments I've made about the safety (and possible benefits) of second-hand vapor, then feel free to try and go all ad hominem on me.

Think of OP. Let's substitute a radio at his desk instead of vape. He likes listening to oh, I don't know, German speed reggae. He does it a low volume but it is still audible to everyone in the room. It's a completely benign thing he's doing right? Shouldn't he have the right to listen to German speed reggae? Even if his coworkers don't like it? Doesn't harm them in any way right?
I have never in this thread advocated for disrespectful vaping.
Nor will I ever do so, in any thread, on any forum anywhere.

And I don't agree with the idea that we should be able to vape freely in a workplace that demands otherwise.
I have only disputed your "nicotine has no benefits" argument, which I know to be patently false, and wrong-headed.

It's still inconsiderate.
I am not now (nor never have) disputed that vaping in certain situations is inconsiderate.
But certainly it is not for the reasons you subscribe to, which are false.

islandgirl305

Moved On
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: supplier posting in unauthorized area

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
And there was no ad-hominem.
Okay, whatever you say...
Fallacy: Ad Hominem

An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:

Person A makes claim X.
Person B makes an attack on person A.
Therefore A's claim is false.

So you said...

And it seems like your 'cause' is to be inconsiderate of others because of some oddly derived 'right' to vape wherever you want.
So no, I can't get behind a cause that promotes people being inconsiderate of others.

Not ad hominem? Really?
It's the very definition of it.

Refute the FACTS I have posted and stop with the nonsense.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
so you didn't provide links to OP to justify his inconsiderate behavior in the office?
No, I provided links to show that second-hand vaper is not an issue.
And that nicotine can be beneficial.

I have nothing to say about office behavior because I work from home.
Go back and take a look if you doubt me.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Okay, whatever you say...
Fallacy: Ad Hominem

So you said...

Not ad hominem? Really?
It's the very definition of it.

Refute the FACTS I have posted and stop with the nonsense.

You know it's INCONSIDERATE to have a battle of wits with the unarmed... ;)

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread