Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
One of the comments ...

I can't take much more of these "effing" worthless, mindless, non-thinking, money-grubbing
taxing political HACKS. GET RID OF THESE LOSERS.
1-ThumbsUp_zpsc134b2bb.gif

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
It's a blood bath. Supporters are having a feeding frenzy. I have not seen one comment supporting this insane tax move by...who is that...is that Pee Wee Herman?? Sure looks like him!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Maybe someone should send "Pee Wee" an email
and tell him to check out the the comments !!
:p

blackHelix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Bahahaha

"A legislative analysis shows the state could see an additional $1.6 million a year if the e-cigarette tax becomes law."

Really? I can't believe that some analyst would actually think that's true. With the majority of e-cigarette sales online, who would ever buy their liquid in state with an 86% tax.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
Bahahaha

"A legislative analysis shows the state could see an additional $1.6 million a year if the e-cigarette tax becomes law."

Really? I can't believe that some analyst would actually think that's true. With the majority of e-cigarette sales online, who would ever buy their liquid in state with an 86% tax.

They're banning internet and mail order sales as well.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
They're banning internet and mail order sales as well.

Well, then either their legislative analysts are incompetent or they're counting on people going back to combustibles. Even the California legislative analysts were smart enough to announce that if our recent (failed) tobacco tax increase from last year had passed, the state would have a net LOSS of income due to people quitting smoking. (And, yes, they DID announce it before the election.)

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Bahahaha

I'm sure banning Internet sales of e-liquid has crossed their warped minds.

dliteful

Dec 28, 2012
ontario

Agorizer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
In the Market
I can't seem to comment, I'll keep trying. I love this comment...

"This is absolutely bizarre! If I quit all together, will you tax me anyway on what you believe my habit WOULD have produced in taxes?"
Now you have it--this is exactly the currant interpretation of the "commerce clause".

Son: "Daddy, what's the Bill of Rights?"
Pop: "That's the piece of paper that keeps the government from doing all of the things that it does."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread