Help with the Utah legislation. Post your experiences in the comments here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milano

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Long Island, N.Y.
Its ridiculous that an unregulated product like E-cigarettes are being allowed to be shipped in from China day in and day out. Nicotine in general is a very dangerous chemical it has a higher Median lethal dose(30mg-60mg depending on weight) then even Strychnine, at least with cigarettes the amount was regulated, with E-cigarette liquid, you can buy it in levels from 48mg-60mg in just 1ml of liquid, essentially they are selling Poison to whoever is willing to pay.

http://www.deseretnews.com/user/com...gislature-Merits-of-e-cigarettes-debated.html

Original story:

Utah Legislature: Merits of e-cigarettes debated | Deseret News

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
This guy is a wealth of scientific knowledge!

TuesdaysWithMorrie | 4:00 p.m. Feb. 11, 2010

The problem with the Logic behind "Cigarettes have 4000 chemicals and E-Cigarettes Liquid only have 5-10 chemicals is that the Chemicals in a Cigarette have been tested time and time again, those 5-10 chemicals in an E-cigarettes juice are Completely Untested and Could be anything even diethylene glycol which has been found within the Fluid and is VERY Toxic to humans not to mention Many poisonious Carcinogens were found in E-Cigarette juice in an FDA study. Unfortunatly there is ALOT of misinformation out there put out by E-cigarette Websites and a variety of "Consumer Groups" run by those websites

Please if you are considering using an E-cigarette, research the FDA and other Scientific study, you will find that these are 10x more dangerous then any cigarette could be

So naturally, being the inquisitive soul that I am, I just had to pick the guys brain! My response:

TuesdaysWithMorrie: Can you explain a strange thing? For over 45 years, I smoked tobacco cigarettes that contain those 4,000 perfectly-safe (because they "have been tested time and time again") chemicals. For the past 10-1/2 months, I have been using e-cigarettes instead of smoking. Now wouldn't you think that since I have been using a product that is "10x more dangerous then any cigarette could be" I would be at least hospitalized by now, if not dead? Why is it that my wheezing has disappeared, the coughing is gone, my blood pressure is lower, my good cholesterol is up, and my bad cholesterol is down? How is that possible? I'm sure with all the research you have conducted on this subject, you must have a good scientific explanation for my improved health, as well as the improved health that has been reported by thousands of e-cigarette users. BTW, these health improvements are verified by my doctor, who congratulated me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread