Seven 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No its a 26650. If you wanted to use an 18650 I think there are plastic tube spacers or you could make one.

I took the battery pin off the 300 board and soldered it to the battery wire on the 350 but not the board per se via a real short wire solder. The battery pin is hollow so the wire goes through it and if you know how can flow solder through it. Too much epoxy on the 350 to go to board. But it goes through a delrin spacer which can all be epoxied to the 350 board. That battery post also goes through the middle tube ring so fit check and alignment is necessary before epoxy sets. That middle tube ring is welded in three spots but can be broken free and must be to accommodate the longer 350. Then it can be epoxied to the tube on reassembly. The overall length is longer due to the 350 board being longer but I was able to flip the bottom battery plug over and get a couple threads. No rattles and works great but the bottom battery post sticks out. Would prefer a screw in cap if I can find one. If I cant I'll make a washer to epoxy on the bottom so it's flush with the battery post.

I too wanted a 350 tube mod and was thinking of doing it but luckily was forced into making one because the SX300 fried. LOL :D.
My bad, I saw 18650 in your picture in the slots, so I just assumed lol. That's awesome that it'll still fit my 26650s, so I'll still have good battery life. Thanks for the great modding description, that'll help me out a lot. I've actually put in an order for a Maplecrank 240w Raptor mod from Maple Box Mods, but I still want a 350 tube mod. I love having all the info on the YiHi screen. What did you do about the USB port? Just packed it inside?

Sent from my HTC One

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Whats the output voltage range and ohm range of the raptor?

I believe safe output is determined by the resistance, can't go over 40a. So if my ohm's law is right, for full power you need a 0.15 at 6v. I don't know an easy way to answer your question, that's about as far as my knowledge in this area goes. It's not like using a chip like the YiHis, it's more advanced than anything I've used so far.

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think it depends on the potentiometer, actually. To the best of my knowledge that's how Raptor mods are adjusted, and they usually have a set range. I do now know that the lowest safe resistance is 0.12. I know a dude who pushed his to 0.1, but he stopped because he thought he could smell the chip after a few fires.

Sent from my HTC One

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
I believe it has a 1 year warranty from Pioneer4You... If you aren't working with an authorized distributor, you might try kustomvapes.com

Yep that's who I got it from, they have 7 not counting mine that are fried and pioneer has had it "under investigation" for the last few weeks. I chose to 350ize mine vice return.

The sx300 just isn't up to the task, it should have protection built in that prevents firing if it can't handle the load and a board temperature sensor. The SX350s have both.

jimbill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
aurora,indiana
Yep that's who I got it from, they have 7 not counting mine that are fried and pioneer has had it "under investigation" for the last few weeks. I chose to 350ize mine vice return.

The sx300 just isn't up to the task, it should have protection built in that prevents firing if it can't handle the load and a board temperature sensor. The SX350s have both.
How did you hook up the fire button?.Also you have to remember there is no reverse battery protection unless you move the ground wire.

7e3ymasu.jpg

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
How did you hook up the fire button?.Also you have to remember there is no reverse battery protection unless you move the ground wire.

I cut the fire button off with a short tail taped the long lead and folded and stuffed it in the tube with the board - might need it some other day. Soldered the fire button to the face side of the board and mounted it in place with RTV using the 300 board as a guide, distance from bottom of screen. Let sit overnight for the RTV to cure. On assembly trimmed a little off the blue silicon nipple and compressed it with a small flat blade screwdriver through the window when sliding the 350 in the tube. All else as mentioned previously.

I did not move the ground for reverse protection on purpose.

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I did not move the ground for reverse protection on purpose.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a benefit to not having reverse protection, or did you just leave it because positive and negative are obvious on our batteries?

Sent from my HTC One

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a benefit to not having reverse protection, or did you just leave it because positive and negative are obvious on our batteries?

Sent from my HTC One

Not a dumb question at all. I and others who have tried moving that ground experienced inaccurate resistance measurements so I moved it back. This happened on my first 350 so on purpose I do not do it now because I have never put any battery in anything backwards LOL. I do not know if others had no issues or its a board rev issue or a solder issue etc, I just choose not to now because I really don't need it.

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not a dumb question at all. I and others who have tried moving that ground experienced inaccurate resistance measurements so I moved it back. This happened on my first 350 so on purpose I do not do it now because I have never put any battery in anything backwards LOL. I do not know if others had no issues or its a board rev issue or a solder issue etc, I just choose not to now because I really don't need it.

Okay, good to know. I'll be leaving mine alone then, thanks.

Sent from my HTC One

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hmmm...I'll give it a go then. I'll keep this in mind when building RDAs too...might be best to stick to >.7 for this chip...
Yup, as he said, avoid the .5 builds. Burned out my chip too. Seems like the SX350 can handle subohm builds fine though, the next update will go down to .1 apparently.

Sent from my SM-P600

jimbill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
aurora,indiana
The resistance issue was fixed with the newer firmware and i have to say you did a amazing job squeezing that sx350 in the seven-30:)

Drift Monkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Texas
Yup, as he said, avoid the .5 builds. Burned out my chip too. Seems like the SX350 can handle subohm builds fine though, the next update will go down to .1 apparently.

Sent from my SM-P600

Popped a .8 coil in tonight...they fire right up and work fine. I really must have got a dud the first go around. I have a 30mm Tobh clone coming...I'll be sure not to dip under that .7 mark. They need to make moar 30mm attys!

I really like that SX350 chip though...that'll have to be in my next mod. :vapor:

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
The resistance issue was fixed with the newer firmware and i have to say you did a amazing job squeezing that sx350 in the seven-30:)

Thanks but it was an easy hack job, simple hand tools jb weld and rtv sitting on the front porch watching the sun rise one morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread