• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

SF Bay Area group now exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

latte hiatus

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
SF Bay Area
klum, you've probably gotten your cigar by now - how do YOU like it? ;)

My personal experience with the cigar is love at first sight - with a fresh atomizer, you get a real nice throat hit. Unfortunately, after a few honeymoon days, the performance is drastically diminished with less vapor production. One of my atomizers died after two weeks of use (though I was alternating with another atomizer every day), and I'm still trying to revive it.

In short, it's the best portable I've found so far, but I've already started looking for the next thing that's more similar to analogs. Special thanks goes to leaford for the posts on his site about the Vapor King - I've got mine on order and should receive it towards the middle of this week if all goes well. :)

klum

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Northern California
klum, you've probably gotten your cigar by now - how do YOU like it? ;)

My personal experience with the cigar is love at first sight - with a fresh atomizer, you get a real nice throat hit. Unfortunately, after a few honeymoon days, the performance is drastically diminished with less vapor production. One of my atomizers died after two weeks of use (though I was alternating with another atomizer every day), and I'm still trying to revive it.

In short, it's the best portable I've found so far, but I've already started looking for the next thing that's more similar to analogs. Special thanks goes to leaford for the posts on his site about the Vapor King - I've got mine on order and should receive it towards the middle of this week if all goes well. :)

Hi, Latte. I did get the cigar. I'm loving it. So far it's been everything that I've read about here on the forum. It's got massive vapor and throat hit (depending on what type of liquids I'm using). I got it last Friday and so far there's been no drop off of performance, except when I ran the battery down. I was only able to order one atomizer with it, but so far it's been holding up well. I ordered it based on reading the posts by figurehead and walrus. I hear that they have some issues, but, so far so good for me. I've also read that certain models are performing different. I ordered the one from puresmoker. Hopefully, I have a good one that will last some time. I'm hoping that they will have a platinum look like my pilot before I need to order a spare.

That vapor king sounds pretty cool. I think that I'm done for a while though, at least until I get tired of the bada-bing. I actually still like my pilot alot. It's not as powerful as the bada-bing, but it's really great for it's size. Great vapor, descent throat hit and aesthetically, I love it. I use it more now for dripping flavors in between the bada-bing. Those cigars last me quite a long time between cartridge changes.

latte hiatus

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
SF Bay Area
klum, glad to hear about your positive experience with the e-cigar! I got mine through Dietsmokes.com (RN4062), for comparison reference. I also recently received a 701 atomizer through Puresmoker, so time will tell if this design is more robust.

I forgot to add that one thing I love about the e-cigar is the battery - it's cheap, readily available through various sources, lasts about half a day with heavy use, and interchangeable with the battery in the USB cord of the 801 Manual Switch.

This item on eBay looks to be a true 701. I e-mailed the seller and he indicates shipping will be $18 for 5 units. At $20 each, it's like getting a whole kit for the price of an atomizer. Let me know if anyone here wants to do a local bulk buy. ::thumbs::
Electronic Cigar BASIC Kit Stop Quit - eBay (item 130298430288 end time Apr-12-09 18:41:47 PDT)

mjp808

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Outer Richmond, Frisco, CA
OK, I want to apologize...

As I peruse our little SF corner of the forum, it looks like I've been dropping names about bar owners a little too much. I only know 2. Anyway, I'm not "that guy". Yes, I do care what people think. OK-rock on!

That avatar comment was funny. Us San Franciscans do love our tats. Anybody got the Wicked Liquid devil yet? How about Newsom on your back?

Last edited:

klum

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Northern California
klum, glad to hear about your positive experience with the e-cigar! I got mine through Dietsmokes.com (RN4062), for comparison reference. I also recently received a 701 atomizer through Puresmoker, so time will tell if this design is more robust.

I forgot to add that one thing I love about the e-cigar is the battery - it's cheap, readily available through various sources, lasts about half a day with heavy use, and interchangeable with the battery in the USB cord of the 801 Manual Switch.

This item on eBay looks to be a true 701. I e-mailed the seller and he indicates shipping will be $18 for 5 units. At $20 each, it's like getting a whole kit for the price of an atomizer. Let me know if anyone here wants to do a local bulk buy. ::thumbs::
Electronic Cigar BASIC Kit Stop Quit - eBay (item 130298430288 end time Apr-12-09 18:41:47 PDT)

Looks like a good deal. I'll have to wait a bit though. My cigar has taken a turn for the worse. The atomizer crapped out on Friday. It's still under the 14 day warranty window from PS, so I'm trying to get some help from them. I also had a battery that started to only hold an hour or two charge. It was creating a tough draw on the cigar. I'm hoping the PS will send out another for me. Until then, the pilot is still working like a charm (crossing my fingers). btw, where have you been getting the replacement batteries for the cigar? I checked a couple of retail sites and they don't carry that size/volt.

Is that a normal deal for that ebay seller?

kevin

latte hiatus

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
SF Bay Area
Looks like a good deal. I'll have to wait a bit though. My cigar has taken a turn for the worse. The atomizer crapped out on Friday. It's still under the 14 day warranty window from PS, so I'm trying to get some help from them. I also had a battery that started to only hold an hour or two charge. It was creating a tough draw on the cigar. I'm hoping the PS will send out another for me. Until then, the pilot is still working like a charm (crossing my fingers). btw, where have you been getting the replacement batteries for the cigar? I checked a couple of retail sites and they don't carry that size/volt.

Is that a normal deal for that ebay seller?

kevin

It's a little tough to find 10430 batteries, but 10440 is suitable as a direct replacement.
DealExtreme: $4.32 Ultra Fire 10440 3.6V 500mAh 2Pack
It's also available through US retailers, but the price is comparable to purchasing through our PV retailers:
UltraFire 10440 AAA Li-Ion 3.6V Rechargeable Battery 500 mAh CR10440 Lithium Ion

The e-cigar deal seems to be the everyday price from that eBay seller. I've gotten disenchanted with the e-cigars, and with some weekend tinkering, made a juicebox-style mod for the 901 atomizer, using 4x1.2V AA batteries, after looking through several posts from the Modder's Forum (special thanks to mjp808 for inspiration!).

Hi everyone, I live in Oakland and work on the Peninsula, so I'm kinda all over the place. I haven't smoked analogs in over 2 years now, although I smoke "another" analog. I'm trying to reduce my usage there so I'm hoping that vaping some 0mg stuff (or playing around with extracting caffeine from tea or coffee) will satisfy me for some of that stuff and help to cut down.

In my normal impulsive style I decided wednesday that I wanted something in my hands this weekend, so I ordered an atom from one vendor and a 901 from another, plus an assortment of juices. I'm actually waiting for the mailman to get here with the atom now. We'll see how it goes...

hatemo

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
hey guys, vallejo here. Been a dse 901 vaper since i decided to take this up. Actually found a local vendor in fairfield that i can meet in person and pick up spare attys and liquid occasionally.

PS I'd post this in the swap thread ( i'd rather deal locally) but if any local bay area folks would like to buy a Light Vaper 901 long from zi moshi hit me up. The unit is a powerhouse and one rechargeble battery last all day but its just not for me.

would come with charger and the unit is black with red LED/button. Just PM me with more details.

hatemo

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
He has 801/901 sets and spare 901 parts.

He also has 15ml juices but not a wide variety (coffee, menthol, peach, strawberry, and some others i forgot). Not sure if he has blank carts but he has prefilled ones.

Only bought from him once and met him at suisun by the waterfront and just bought some menthol which tasted pretty decent but knowing that he's a phone call away and i can meet him anytime is nice if i'm in sheer desperation.

not sure if i'm allowed to post his site on this thread but i can PM his site if anyones interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread