• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

SF Bay Area group now exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lower Haight / Western Addition just joined!

I got VG at Rainbow Grocery today. Little bottle for $3.49, something three times the size for $8.99. Cut my overly sweet JC Original with it - 3-1 ratio - and Wow! Plumes of beautiful vapor out of my 510 and 901.

I haven't found PG anywhere in SF.

I haven't seen starter kits or carts or liquid anywhere in SF yet. The guys at O'Loony's (Steiner and Haight) are chomping at the bit to sell them, and ask to see me take a drag every time I go past.

I wonder if we've got enough vapers in SF to start a little store front selling starters, and parts, and maybe mix up some San Francisco flavors? I know a great store front for rent cheap...

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unregistered supplier ad

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Strange thing about those model numbers. I grew up in Utah (yeah I know what you're going to ask, and NO, I'm not), but the area code there is 801. I've lived in the Bay Area since 1983, primarily the East Bay and yes, the area code is 510, and I own an 801 and a couple of 510s. Wasn't even intentional. Just amusing.

Now they need to put out 415s. Afterall, that WAS the area code for the whole Bay Area at one time.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Man, this forum has someone running around narcing on liquid distros to PayPal. Got me ALL screwed up. Anyway. vaping party sounds kill! I don't know that people would be willing to go all the way up to Sacto seeing as the brunt of people are in the Bay and surrounding area.

bigbear8481

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
California
Man, this forum has someone running around narcing on liquid distros to PayPal. Got me ALL screwed up. Anyway. Vaping party sounds kill! I don't know that people would be willing to go all the way up to Sacto seeing as the brunt of people are in the Bay and surrounding area.

I have heard rumblings about that. It seems that the issue is from unhappy customers. PayPal hates complaints cuz they have to give the fees back. There are plenty of distros that clearly have e-juice or something to that effect in thier name that still use paypal.

I have been messed with before by PayPal & even though I dont like them much they are still a cheap way totake CC & E-Check Payments. Anyways.. im still ...... that I have to wait 3 more days for my 501. Maybe I should just start my own e-juice line & that way I will never have to wait & make a little coin. HMMMMM. I have a chemist major as a friend....

Hmmmmm......

Hmmmmmm.......

Bear :cool:

I got VG at Rainbow Grocery today. Little bottle for $3.49, something three times the size for $8.99. Cut my overly sweet JC Original with it - 3-1 ratio - and Wow! Plumes of beautiful vapor out of my 510 and 901.
Glad to know, I bought the last bottle a couple weeks ago but tainted the whole bottle with mint flavor.

I haven't found PG anywhere in SF.
I just bought some from the Safeway pharmacy (7th and Cabrillo) but had to wait a couple days and it was $17 for 473mL. It would be cheaper to get on-line.
I haven't seen starter kits or carts or liquid anywhere in SF yet. The guys at O'Loony's (Steiner and Haight) are chomping at the bit to sell them, and ask to see me take a drag every time I go past.
Half of the "head shops" on Haight sell 401's or the "puresmoke" starter kit. Most of the tobacco/pipe shops on Mission St sell the same thing but cheaper.

Last edited:
Glad to know, I bought the last bottle a couple weeks ago but tainted the whole bottle with mint flavor.

Ha! Yeah, I arrived the day they got it in apparently. Since then I've read about how VG is meant to be an "atomizer killer?" I haven't noticed this.

I just bought some from the Safeway pharmacy (7th and Cabrillo) but had to wait a couple days and it was $17 for 473mL. It would be cheaper to get on-line.

And you cut your e-liquid with it? Or do you make your own flavors?

Half of the "head shops" on Haight sell 401's or the "puresmoke" starter kit. Most of the tobacco/pipe shops on Mission St sell the same thing but cheaper.

Yes. Since writing this I've noticed a lot of "head" shops and tobacco shops selling $45 starter kits for different types of electronic cigarettes. Haven't seen the 401 anywhere, just "Smoking Everywhere" type all in one things.

Do any of the shops you've found sell liquid or carts?

And you cut your e-liquid with it? Or do you make your own flavors?
Both kind of, I bought some Lorann's but haven't messed around with them much. Just bought another bottle of "Glycerin USP". It's Sunmark brand. The Rexall at 9th and Irving has a 6oz bottle for $6.89. I usually carry my flavors in 3 mL dropper bottles and mix my cart throughout the day. Add couple drops of 48mg if I'm craving a cigarette or a few drops of pure PG if I'm just bored and vaping.

Do any of the shops you've found sell liquid or carts?
Pager City/smoke shop on 16th and Mission has 401 "e-cigarette" (white/brown or black with gold swirl) for $40 and refill carts are $5 for a pack of 5. That's the best price I've found. I haven't seen any stores selling refill liquid. They don't seem to know too much about the e-cigs.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Both kind of, I bought some Lorann's but haven't messed around with them much. Just bought another bottle of "Glycerin USP". It's Sunmark brand. The Rexall at 9th and Irving has a 6oz bottle for $6.89. I usually carry my flavors in 3 mL dropper bottles and mix my cart throughout the day. Add couple drops of 48mg if I'm craving a cigarette or a few drops of pure PG if I'm just bored and vaping.

Pager City/smoke shop on 16th and Mission has 401 "e-cigarette" (white/brown or black with gold swirl) for $40 and refill carts are $5 for a pack of 5. That's the best price I've found. I haven't seen any stores selling refill liquid. They don't seem to know too much about the e-cigs.

That's interesting news; I'll have to wander down there and check that out.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Hey All, another San Francisco newbie reporting in.

I live in Bernal Heights. Vaping a 510. I'd love to do a meet & greet.

Hey, great, Esteband! I didn't notice in your PM that you were in SF. :D

Anyone else interested? If we can build this into a real event, and not just two or three of us having a beer, I bet I could arrange for door prizes and samples to share, and other swag. ;)

esteband

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
San Francisco, CA
I would like to gather a posse to bring with me, but I don't know anybody who uses these things (yet).

But I'm so happy I found this stuff that I'm trying to convert everyone I know. It's actually hard not to talk about it with strangers, too. I'm becoming a total evangelist!

Anyway, when and if another meet and greet happens, I'm there - along with anyone I can convert in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread