• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

SG Legislation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
Briar pipe are sold locally, cigar shaped pipe are sold locally and they are legal.
Pipe tobacco cost more than 10x overseas and our govt have no issue as they make $$$ out of those.
HellSoAll said nothing as its their income... but then vaping toys IS an issue because they have issue getting their bonus out of nothing.
T

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
Most people will wonder whether ecig possession is considered illegal if you read the legislation on 'imitation tobacco products' word by word. That will also lead to the big question of whether you are free to vape openly in the public. Most of us asked the same question when we started to vape.

My answer to you is it is illegal, no matter possession or vaping in public. People got fined ranging from $500 onwards or had their items confiscated, non-shipping related. These are facts, not made up stories or based on rumors.

Of course, vaping come with so much health benefits compare to cigarettes that one shouldn't stop because of it.

Fathersmilk

Aug 15, 2014
Prison
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate

EU6EN3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
red dot
Prohibition of imitation tobacco products16.
—(1) No person shall import, distribute, sell or offer for sale any confectionery or other food product or any toy or other article that is designed to resemble a tobacco product or the packaging of which is designed to resemble the packaging commonly associated with tobacco products.

Guys is time to know the truth.. and change the word we commonly use.

E-cigg or a better word PV is not bound by this law at all. WHY? you will say. Bcos the juice only contain Nicotine not tobacco. And bcos of this, gov can't impost a heavy tax on it. thus only a 7% for GST. A major drop 70% ---> 7%.

Therefore they play with word (they are alway best at doing that) - E-CIGARETTE!!!! Anything that is "cigarette" contain tobacco thus e-cigg is iimitation of cigarette = BAN! :)

So the best way to start for legislation is to change the word we use, E-cigg.. throw away this word, forget about it.. use a better word Personal Vapor, we are vaper not smokers. oxford dic had included the word "VAPE" and "vaping" into their dictionary. lets start by educating the vapors here.. use the word PV not e-cigg..

thanks!

Last edited:

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Most people will wonder whether ecig possession is considered illegal if you read the legislation on 'imitation tobacco products' word by word. That will also lead to the big question of whether you are free to vape openly in the public. Most of us asked the same question when we started to vape.

My answer to you is it is illegal, no matter possession or vaping in public. People got fined ranging from $500 onwards or had their items confiscated, non-shipping related. These are facts, not made up stories or based on rumors.

Of course, vaping come with so much health benefits compare to cigarettes that one shouldn't stop because of it.

Despite it has been mentioned illegal so many times, yet it was still brought up and discussed. Seems they didn't read the older post

Only way, be discreet and vape safe

doc julio

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2014
UK
Despite it has been mentioned illegal so many times, yet it was still brought up and discussed. Seems they didn't read the older post

Only way, be discreet and vape safe

Maybe it's because other people come from countries where the law is the law. Full stop. No flexibility for law enforcement officers.

Or maybe, Darkangel, it's because those "mentions" don't come with any credible references. We can all mention.....

I also have some personal experience, but not about to blurt it publicly.

Maybe I have the wrong impression, but I am not the kind of person who believes everything he reads.....

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
As a layman, what my understanding is law is what written in the big book. And unless its brought up in parliament an agreed upon majority of the members of parliament(I guess it'll be soon), there's nothing afaik that can be used against vaper. For those kenna charge/fine, kindly advise what are the charges upon you.

EU6EN3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
red dot
Dun ask me why but i have faith in this new batch of governer like LSL and all... At least he listen to the ppl.. he will give in a bit.. better than his youknowwho.. "No mean NO, talk somemore i sue u!"

Who knows one day he will annouce "Can vape but must follow the tobacco law" just like CPF aft 65 can take but only 20%.. keke.. :)

mavieboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
SG
Why don't we ask a simple question? Anyone here got a fine for purely possession? Or for using? Let's see the results. If you are one of those who DID get a fine for either one, do elaborate what HSA slapped you with. That would clear some doubts.

I'm waiting for someone who had experienced it to explain too hahaha.

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
Better still to quote the charges upon you?
AFAIK, Chapter 309 is against those ciggy wrap chewing gum which disappeared long long ago.

Looking at the bigger picture, pipe are legal because they "belong" to the upper class and tobacco are highly profitable.
Cigar shaped pipe are allow and sold in some tourist area shop. Replica mini opium pipe are sold at chinatown and those can be use to smoke illegal stuff.
Popeye the sailor is not censored...the chimney at senoko stand high.

So how are they going to define "resemble a tobacco product"

V4Vendetta

Micro Coil Lover
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
SIN/BKK/SFO
People got fined ranging from $500 onwards or had their items confiscated, non-shipping related. These are facts, not made up stories or based on rumors.

I'm not disputing you but I have not read any credible report on this online. It doesn't mean it didn't happen but I personally have not ever read anything about anyone getting fined for eCig related activities.

I pretty much made up my mind that if this happens to me, I will comply withe fine and then make plans to go live/work elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread