• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

SG Legislation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashew

Jun 22, 2014
Each license will of course be divided into several catergories. Vapers are only allowed to vape within their license categories

Categories shall be determined by vapor production. From "Is This Thing On?" to "My Kettle Puts Out More Vapor Than This!"
Regulated mods only, and also no VV or VW mods.

Unregulated mods as the name implies are unregulated and therefore dangerous, As this would constitute too much work to research and categorized, all unregulated mods shall be deemed illegal by default.

RBA and RDA, shall be categorized as illegal devices because these devices by design allows the user to easily modify the unit,

Vapers shall be subjected to yearly equipment inspection for illegal modifications. Vapers shall also be prepared on impromptu inspections and temporary confiscation of equipment (in the name of co-operating with the SPF).

doc julio

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2014
UK
The COV to vape any day of the week will be much more expensive than the off-peak COV. Anyone with an off-peak COV must use a red coloured PV, so that it is easy to spot if an off-peak vaper is vaping in peak hours.

The supply of COV's will be much less than demand (as defined by the VQS, or Vaper Quota system), so that during the open bid uniform price auction , the cost of a 10 year COV will be about the same as a small car (without the COE, of course).

At the end of 10 years, you have the option of selling your mod and rba to Indonesia at a knock down price, or bidding for another COV at the prevailing rate.

eyerhere

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Warren Mi
Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act
(CHAPTER 309)

Prohibition of imitation tobacco products16.
—(1) No person shall import, distribute, sell or offer for sale any confectionery or other food product or any toy or other article that is designed to resemble a tobacco product or the packaging of which is designed to resemble the packaging commonly associated with tobacco products.
[17/2010 wef 01/09/2010]
(2) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $5,000 and, in the case of a second or subsequent conviction, to a fine not exceeding $10,000.

I only read the first few pages of replys but no one seemed to be getting this right. Sorry if later posts caught it. This is against toys and candy which resemble tobacco products. Ie, candy ciggs and bubble pipes.

Piak

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2014
Saturn
I think the debate on vaping in general is far far from coming anywhere near a conclusion. Even as a vaper I struggle to find which category e-cigs lie in.

As far as I can see, Europe and the States are at the forefront of the debate, and rightfully so, the big pharma and big tobacco companies are there. The voices of the people there are also the strongest, also for them, unless the Govs there ban it, they can do it. For SG, unless the Gov says ok, people cannot use it.

I think we there is any wish that vaping is ever legal in SG, west is where you look. Sad but true.

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
I think the debate on vaping in general is far far from coming anywhere near a conclusion. Even as a vaper I struggle to find which category e-cigs lie in.

As far as I can see, Europe and the States are at the forefront of the debate, and rightfully so, the big pharma and big tobacco companies are there. The voices of the people there are also the strongest, also for them, unless the Govs there ban it, they can do it. For SG, unless the Gov says ok, people cannot use it.

I think we there is any wish that vaping is ever legal in SG, west is where you look. Sad but true.

In Canada, vaping is still in the grey area. People can openly run small business at home selling vaping stuff.
But then they have store openly selling tools for using weeds...

In SG we are like drug abuser :-( only difference is that drug user will be refer to C NB and us to H SA...>_<...

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
Guess we have to face the fact that vaping will not be official legal on our side of the pond, unless the authority revenue on our hobby.
As for the clause "Prohibition on imitation tobacco products" while we probably see it a joke, as briar pipe are legal(as they are able to earn revenue from pipe tobacco).
We will probably survive keeping ourselves low-key.

As I recall few years back, the issue of wine making kits importing into sg was brought up. As very few sg are in the game, no amendment was made to control it.
Let's face it, how are they going to control the freedom of selling yeast & sugar which can be made into alcohol? The same issue our authority, how are they going to control vapour(steam) made from foodstuff?

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
we can argue about the law all we want, and can hope for a change. but until then, just remain discrete.

there have been studies to support vaping, and studies that don't. HSA will never take the former seriously. But we all know what it boils down to. Its all about the money money money.

It's going to be not easy, I am sure the ban will never be lifted

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

Libertarian101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2014
everywhere
really sad, just comparing the amount of toxic/cancer causing ingerdients alone, 4,000 known harmful substances vs on the average 4 in the vape liquid. hands down. but it still is good seeing the video of Dr. Farsalinos where he wants to scientifically determine how temperatures affect the ingredients in vape liquids, but i still think the harmfulness will be orders of magnitude less than smoking on a cancer stick.

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
Ban will never be lifted as usual unless there's major change during GE2017!

I was surprise that they did not alter the law during the last parliament sitting against vaper.

Current weapon against vapor is as follow:-
Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act
(CHAPTER 309)

Prohibition of imitation tobacco products16.
—(1) No person shall import, distribute, sell or offer for sale any confectionery or other food product or any toy or other article that is designed to resemble a tobacco product or the packaging of which is designed to resemble the packaging commonly associated with tobacco products.
[17/2010 wef 01/09/2010]
(2) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $5,000 and, in the case of a second or subsequent conviction, to a fine not exceeding $10,000.

I find it a joke that no supplier have win any law suit as no way vaping toys resemble tobacco product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread