Shipping charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

zomzom

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2010
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I've only ordered from V4L once and that was to try out the blank CoolCarts and a few of their juices, on the recommendation of an ECF member. I am totally happy with my purchases and the customer service :)

I wanted to purchase some more blank CoolCarts (as I see they are doing two kinds of sample packs) but there were only two shipping options available to me - priority for $6.95 or express for $26.95 :?:

Discount codes aside, I think, personally, that, for a couple of packs of the blank CoolCarts, $6.95 shipping and handling is steep. In this economic climate, I'm sure that a lot of us have to budget wisely to make our hard earned dollars go further, no?

I sent an e-mail to customer service at V4L asking if I could possibly have the CoolCarts shipped to me by first class mail and received a reply that the shipping and handling charge would still have to be $6.95 :(

I've ordered supplies from other vendors and have been happy to see that they offer various shipping options, even with discount codes. Those options enable me to make my dollar go even further :)

V4L - I :wub: your CoolCarts and would :wub: to purchase more ... I would :wub: it if you could offer a first class mail shipping and handling option to your website and then I can continue to have happy :vapor:

Tenebrae

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Bay Area California
I was kinda surprised as how pricey shipping a dozen carts was from CA->NC via first class. It ended up being cheaper to use the one rate box.

They don't feel like much individually but a box of carts is 35 grams and makes it so the envelope cannot be put thru the sorter.

I normally hold off ordering until I have ~$60 in my cart so that 10% off pays for shipping.

@Adrenalynn - Bless you for changing your font back to black. The pink was making my eyes bleed ;)

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
Im glad to pay the shipping,with the discount and sales I have no problem waiting to order enough to make it worth it.I think people expect to much,its a business and they need to make a profit.They have to pay someone to sort and pack our orders.I think V4L is pretty good to us.

I absolutely agree with you!!!

zomzom

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2010
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I appreciate everyone's replies - I really do :)

However, I cannot afford to put big orders in just to justify paying the shipping costs. I understand that there is a staff member who needs to be paid for pulling the order, placing it in the appropriate mailer, etc, etc.

Sometimes, though, only a small order is needed because I am set for everything else. Again, I can't afford to buy pre-made e-juices so I've started DIYing those. It's all about making MY dollar go further so that I can continue to enjoy vaping.

I know V4L looks after its family (customers) and all I'm asking for is a reasonable shipping and handling charge for small, lightweight orders. It's only a request ... not a demand ... if my request cannot be accommodated then I understand.

I'll just make do with what I've got and be grateful that I CAN afford to vape :thumb:

sooperdrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Maine
I appreciate everyone's replies - I really do :)

However, I cannot afford to put big orders in just to justify paying the shipping costs. I understand that there is a staff member who needs to be paid for pulling the order, placing it in the appropriate mailer, etc, etc.

Sometimes, though, only a small order is needed because I am set for everything else. Again, I can't afford to buy pre-made e-juices so I've started DIYing those. It's all about making MY dollar go further so that I can continue to enjoy vaping.

I know V4L looks after its family (customers) and all I'm asking for is a reasonable shipping and handling charge for small, lightweight orders. It's only a request ... not a demand ... if my request cannot be accommodated then I understand.

I'll just make do with what I've got and be grateful that I CAN afford to vape :thumb:

how did you ever afford cigarettes?

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
Im glad to pay the shipping,with the discount and sales I have no problem waiting to order enough to make it worth it.I think people expect to much,its a business and they need to make a profit.They have to pay someone to sort and pack our orders.I think V4L is pretty good to us.

I agree with that, I usually buy 4-8 30ml bottles depending on my stock, and 6.95 is very cheap for that.

Have you guys ever used ebay? $10 for shipping from some sellers???

On another note, Mark has spoken to me in the past on the boards how come shipping is the way it is. He has told me and everyone else that between 50-90% (steve or mark please correct me if I am wrong which I think I may be) of the time they lose money on shipping, or nearly break even. I would not complain due to the fact of what I do order personally, but for you guy's that do order 1 pack of cartos it is a lot.

There is a smilin discount that basically takes the cost of shipping off for me. I hope you guy's will start ordering in bulk so it will do it for you also.

I hope I was some help to you guy's that think the shipping is too high.

Vape on,
Kevin

Xenite

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
California
vaping101.blogspot.com
I do wish they had a cheaper option for smaller orders. $7 shipping for a box of carto's or a couple of 5ml bottles is overly steep, specially when they can be tossed on a postcard sized envelope. It's why if I only need something small I order from litecig or another supplier that offers $2-$3 standard mail rates, still get's here in 2-3 days regardless.

But I suspect the shipping rates allow them to run those discount sales all the time. :p

jayvap33

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
USA
home.comcast.net
- Consider what the cost of vaping would be if you had to pay for the overhead of a retail store, plus the factory costs and shipping to the store.
- All things considered I am happy to pay the shipping.
- And don't forget the Bonuses they ship with every order! (I ... LOVE THAT!)
- In fact I find myself ordering more than I need, e.g. extra chargers and batteries and juices and cartos, just in case V4L goes away or e-smoking goes away I will be able to VAPE 4 LIFE! (notwithstanding PG/VG shelf life!)

:smokie:Jayvap33
:smokie:

Last edited:

mmcall12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
Indiana
I agree with you there jatvap33. I always order alot, I keep extra in stock for the ones I have turn onto vaping as one in my son and a co-worker. I has gave cards out to everyone that comes to the shop. And another friend came to me him and his wife are going to come on board they are going to order 2 big kits and alot of the juice they have tried from me. I ask people what do they like in sweet to friut and wowbacca they let me know and I put a cart on a extra battery I keep at work and I put something on the battery I think they would like and they are blown away. so I hope I turn everyone that try it will turn them to this and stop the other nasty habit they have. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread