Shortage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure that everything is tight and nothing is loose for the connections.

Then make sure that nothing is touching any where it should not be.

If all these are ok make sure none of the off cuts have made their way onto the deck anywhere or nothing was left over from the old coils.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes you are shorting out somewhere, the question is where, and why is it intermittent? I'd start by taking a very close inspection of the build, I would put it back on the ohm's reader after cleaning it and see what happens as you test fire it. It could be as simple as one leg of the coil not being affixed correctly or something as complicated as the mod having an electrical fault. I think the former is far more likely, but if you check your build out thoroughly and test fire it a bit on the ohm's reader, that should give you a sense of whether or not it's the mod at least. It could also be an intermittent connection issue so I would clean your 510 connections (both of them) to see if there is something interfering with a solid connection that needs to be cleaned out or otherwise addressed.

Best of luck, I'd imagine it's probably a build issue, that seems the most likely culprit but it could be something else.

Anna

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I don't use any of mine now days, but another thing to check possibility... authentic LG HG2's from days of yore if like mine and those of others who had suggested the same then were notorious for having wraps that chipped easily. I re-wrapped all of mine with higher quality wraps... that solved the problem for good while I was still using them.

Reactions: stols001

Joe Vito

Feb 13, 2018
Thanks guys. After inspecting I did. Price that the 510 pin on the RDA is slightly chipped, and doesn’t sit where it use to while tightened all the way, now it’s a little angled on the mod, it also doesn’t screw in all the way on the OHM reader like it use to. Also the 510 connection on the mod itself was slightly sticky with a little fuzz/dust. Going to get myself a new RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread