• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Should I be concerned yet? Royal Mail into Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

hav0c

Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Canada
Ordered a squape r from cremedevape. Just the squape and some accessories, no juice, no batteries.

Its been 9+ working days since Royal Mail passed off my parcel to canadapost with no updates.

"Your item, posted on 04/01/16 with reference RN140108502GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in CANADA."

No indication that it has reached customs, but I suspect that is where it is. I've never had a package go into limbo for this long.

Track and Trace - Track your Item | Royal Mail Group Ltd
Global Postal Tracking Service for All Your Global Postal Packages

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Strongly disagree. :smokie:

guess your postman does't award himself 2 long weekends per month, like mine does?

he hates working Fridays ... and often takes Monday off too :blink:

plus, I had CP kill an online business I had ... CP wanted $18 each to ship a $10 laptop skin :glare:

I had to charge $30 each to make profit of only $4

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
guess your postman does't award himself 2 long weekends per month, like mine does?

he hates working Fridays ... and often takes Monday off too :blink:

plus, I had CP kill an online business I had ... CP wanted $18 each to ship a $10 laptop skin :glare:

I had to charge $30 each to make profit of only $4

No postman here.
I get my stuff delivered, undamaged, timely and affordably.
Customs clearance is fast and cheap. Never paid more than 5 bux for that service, often free.

I assume UPS, Fedex etc wanted more than $18 each to ship a $10 laptop skin... :mail::D

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Anyways...after looking around everywhere for info on your package the only thing I can think of is for some reason it went straight to customs. Which is weird because every package I've shipped into Canada has at least shown up on the tracking as "sent for further processing" which is code for customs is playing with whatever you ordered. My only guess would be stricter control for overseas shipments. I have had packages sit in customs for up to a month tho, and they've released it every time. So I'm sure you'll get it, eventually.

This is why I rarely order from outside Canada anymore. I don't mind paying more if it means I can actually get what I ordered in a sane amount of time.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
"Your item, posted on 04/01/16 with reference RN140108502GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in CANADA."

All that says is it has hit the port and is waiting for CP to process the package and send it on its way. As to whether CP will update things so it shows online remains to be seen. Ever since they did the revamp of their site a few months ago, I've yet to have a foreign tracking number show on their site once it passed into Canada. Even US tracking numbers don't show now.

Go figure. Thought the revamp was supposed to improve service. :lol:

Reactions: Woofer

hav0c

Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Canada
Are you still waiting? I did an order on the 7th and the status reads exactly like yours.

I've read somewhere that CP will not do any sort of tracking for packages coming from outside Canada.

Yeah still waiting. No updates anywhere. CP can suck on my widemouth drip tip.

Reactions: StirredStill
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread