Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I just got a CERTIFIED LETTER in the mail today that my package from Ruyan Direct/Health-Gifts.com is being held in the post office in my town and that I am requested to come in immediately.

What the hell? I'm serious. :confused:

So.. did I miss 'the answer'? Did you go to the post office and if so what happened?

DaveAtherton

Jul 29, 2009
I thought I would introduce myself and pass on some information, apologies if you have seen it before. I am on the National Executive of Freedom2Choose and we are a smokers rights group.
I saw in a news thread that Ecigarettes National are suing the FDA for trying to block sales of their product. I am not usually into conspiracy theories but it would not surprise me that the FDA have been prodded by the pharmaceutical industy who will lose sales on their NRT products. Also I am aware of one review of ECigs done in New Zealand, and their opinion is that it is harmless.

"Findings. Ruyan® e-cigarette is designed to be a safe alternative to smoking. The various test results confirm this is the case. It is very safe relative to cigarettes, and also safe in absolute terms on all measurements we have applied. Using micro-electronics it vaporizes, separately for each puff, very small quantities of nicotine dissolved in propylene glycol, two small well-known molecules with excellent safety profiles, – into a fine aerosol. Each puff contains one third to one half the nicotine in a tobacco cigarette’s puff. The cartridge liquid is tobacco-free and no combustion occurs.

Competency. The author has authored or co-authored over 30 research papers and reports in national and international scientific medical journals since 1995, on smoking, and latterly on testing of cigarettes and cigarette substitutes.

Dr. Murray Laugesen
Lyttelton, Christchurch, 8082, New Zealand"

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
From the sound of it, I must have one of the really good postal workers! he saw us in the back yard and came back to our house and walked to the fence and yelled out. The problem is the person who sorts our mail, they confuse all the streets out here and we get someone esle's mail at least once a week..same house number different street. I am worried one of them may start vaping..and keep my shipments! Lost two so far!
Good luck proto, hope you get your shipment..but if comes my way..did you order anything I might need?:p

maryjo

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Columbia, LA
From the sound of it, I must have one of the really good postal workers! he saw us in the back yard and came back to our house and walked to the fence and yelled out. The problem is the person who sorts our mail, they confuse all the streets out here and we get someone esle's mail at least once a week..same house number different street. I am worried one of them may start vaping..and keep my shipments! Lost two so far!
Good luck proto, hope you get your shipment..but if comes my way..did you order anything I might need?:p
I got a good one too - lives about a half mile from me & goes to the same church.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Sorry guys I didn't go today. I got out of work late. I'm definitely going tomorrow. Sorry to keep the suspense going lol.

Don't worry I will update tomorrow around this time and if I don't then I'll be on the news. :pervy:

Excellent. This guy will be handing you your package after you sign for it

johnwalsh2.jpg

vconrad

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Clearwater, FL
***OFF TOPIC***
This reminds me of a news story a few years back in my town. Someone mail ordered a very different type of battery operated personal device. When the homeowners opened their mailbox and heard something vibrating in the box they called the police.

A SWAT team came out, surrounded the box while one brave officer opened it. How freaking emabarrasing is that?????

TheLizinator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I have a wonderful mailman. He met my scottish terrier and she fell in love with him, so he's brought her a bone every single day since. She sits leaning against the front door each morning, sniffing for him. He will leave it against the door, bone on top and give three taps to let Gracie know it's there. Now that's a sweet man.

Vapinginmyboots

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Upstate NY, USA
Dont worry, if your not a criminal, go get that package! I guarantee, you will walk out of there without it, and you will be fine. Post office is kinda technical, like the DMV.
LOL I just reread my post. I was a lil bit tired when i posted it. I meant to say you will not walk out of there without it. Sorry bout that.

I have a wonderful mailman. He met my scottish terrier and she fell in love with him, so he's brought her a bone every single day since. She sits leaning against the front door each morning, sniffing for him. He will leave it against the door, bone on top and give three taps to let Gracie know it's there. Now that's a sweet man.

I had actually considered leaving a box of dog biscuits near the mailbox for the mailman to give to my dog when he came...I heard it helps with not making the dog all wound up while he's "doing his job" of chasing away anyone that doesn't belong there. And I wasn't sure the mailman would actually go for the idea, so I never did it. Now I wish I did! :)

Of course, my dog is only a 25lb American Eskimo ball of white fur, but he barks his head off when they come to the porch ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread