Should I up my nic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'd think you'd do fine with raising it to 6mg to see how it works for you. I smoked 1 - 1.5 packs a day for 42+ years, and using 6mg totally took away my desire to ever smoke again. I'm also a chain vaper! :thumbs:

Not sure 6mg will do the same for you, but it can't hurt you to try it, if that's what you meant by your question. I'm assuming you don't sub-ohm vape though, at pretty high watts. If you do, you might want to try 4mg first. Most people I know who sub-ohm at higher watts use 3mg or less.

Last edited:

jdy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi @CCVapes23

For me using nicotine at 6mg and stopping cigarettes would be my choice, it would be much healthier for you. You can always lower the level later when you no longer crave cigs.

I found this on the internet so take it with a grain of salt you never know if it's spot on correct. Though it was for me, I smoked a pack a day and at 18mg I was able to quit smoking cigs. Then brought the level down as I felt comfortable to do so.

It's all about doing what works for you and making the vape experience work. Good Luck you can do this!

upload_2018-10-14_14-31-45.png

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah I smoke a half pack to a pack of American spirit menthols a day. So I just got a bottle of 6 to try it out. Hope it goes well. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you’re vaping mtl it still might be low, but go for it :)

CCVapes23

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2017
I'd think you'd do fine with raising it to 6mg to see how it works for you. I smoked 1 - 1.5 packs a day for 42+ years, and using 6mg totally took away my desire to ever smoke again. I'm also a chain vaper! :thumbs:

Not sure 6mg will do the same for you, but it can't hurt you to try it, if that's what you meant by your question. I'm assuming you don't sub-ohm vape though, at pretty high watts. If you do, you might want to try 4mg first. Most people I know who sub-ohm at higher watts use 3mg or less.

Yeah i’m only vaping at 50 . I don’t like vaping at high wattages so I hope this works!

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Something you might want to try is to have two mods on hand, one with 3 mg/ml and the other with 6. You could use the lower nic vape most of the time, and switch to the higher option whenever you're craving a smoke.

I would definitely increase your nic in some way if 3 mg/ml isn't working for you. The most important thing for your health is getting off the cigarettes. Additionally, a lot of people (although not everyone) find it easy to drop their nicotine once they stop craving cigarettes. I was at 28 mg/ml when I switched (several years ago, so that was with older kit. I wouldn't recommend trying that with a modern DL setup!). I settled into 24 mg/ml, stayed there a year or two and then wondered if I could lower it. Over the next year I dropped to 2.4 mg/ml quite painlessly. In short, I'd recommend doing whatever you need to do to quit smoking.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah i’m only vaping at 50 . I don’t like vaping at high wattages so I hope this works!

50 kinda IS high wattage, but not so much for a firelook I guess. Mesh is a renound power hog

CCVapes23

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2017
Something you might want to try is to have two mods on hand, one with 3 mg/ml and the other with 6. You could use the lower nic vape most of the time, and switch to the higher option whenever you're craving a smoke.

I would definitely increase your nic in some way if 3 mg/ml isn't working for you. The most important thing for your health is getting off the cigarettes. Additionally, a lot of people (although not everyone) find it easy to drop their nicotine once they stop craving cigarettes. I was at 28 mg/ml when I switched (several years ago, so that was with older kit. I wouldn't recommend trying that with a modern DL setup!). I settled into 24 mg/ml, stayed there a year or two and then wondered if I could lower it. Over the next year I dropped to 2.4 mg/ml quite painlessly. In short, I'd recommend doing whatever you need to do to quit smoking.

I think i’m going to carry my aspire breeze with me too with my 35 mg salt nic as well

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I think i’m going to carry my aspire breeze with me too with my 35 mg salt nic as well

Have you tried doing that already (carrying/using the Aspire Breeze with the 35mg nic salt)...with your 3mg eliquid being the one you'd use most frequently? If you haven't, you might want to try doing that first, before jumping into the 6mg plus using the Aspire Breeze, especially since you're sub-ohming at 50W.

CCVapes23

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2017
Have you tried doing that already (carrying/using the Aspire Breeze with the 35mg nic salt)...with your 3mg eliquid being the one you'd use most frequently? If you haven't, you might want to do that first, before jumping into the 6mg plus using the Aspire Breeze, especially since you're vaping at 50W.

I basically just use the breeze when i’m on the go and can’t carry my g priv. But I have no problem with subohming 6mg. I know people that subohm like 16 mg at 80 watts lol. It’s just weird though cause my juice taste the same as the 3mg, but it’s really 6.

Reactions: Diver9543

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
When I was starting my vaping lifestyle, I vaped 24 mg/ml with an MTL device. I think it was the Aspire Nautilus. When I got my first sub-ohm unit, the folks at my local shop recommended dropping to 12 mg/ml. Their recommendation when going from MTL to DTL is to cut the nic level in half as a starting point. As I have grown in vaping I am now at 5 mg/ml. I do DIY my own ejuice so I can easily make my ejuice to a level I enjoy. I did try 3 mg/ml but it was definitely too low of a level of nic for me. Someday I might be able to lower my nic level, but it isn't going to be tomorrow.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
When I was starting my vaping lifestyle, I vaped 24 mg/ml with an MTL device. I think it was the Aspire Nautilus. When I got my first sub-ohm unit, the folks at my local shop recommended dropping to 12 mg/ml. Their recommendation when going from MTL to DTL is to cut the nic level in half as a starting point. As I have grown in vaping I am now at 5 mg/ml. I do DIY my own ejuice so I can easily make my ejuice to a level I enjoy. I did try 3 mg/ml but it was definitely too low of a level of nic for me. Someday I might be able to lower my nic level, but it isn't going to be tomorrow.
This is the way it often goes. I keep seeing people who get to 3mg and think they can jump to zero and wind up smoking again. The standard advice with most psychoactive drugs, and nicotine is a psychoactive drug, is to drop by NO MORE THAN 50% strength at a time until you get below the effective level of the drug. There is also drug half life to consider. You need to be at a stable blood level for a while before dropping again, otherwise you wind up in a continuous drop. This means that some psychoactive can take more than a year to discontinue.
If I have to quit I’m going to use even smaller steps myself. 12 to 10, 10 to 8, 8 to 6, 6 to 5, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread