• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Should we keep this group going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marb

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Portland, OR
IIRC, Still Smokin has a very small selection of cheap stuff besides fluid - like the 7-11-style kits, I think. And maybe some carts? I've been thinking about getting one just to do a comparison.

The guy there put me on the phone with his juice supplier the other day and that guy was telling me there was some legislation in the works (or maybe already passed?) to ban certain "candy/fruity-ish" flavored fluids to keep from making it appealing to kids. Which also explained why the fluid selection was pretty blah.

WA seems to be a little more lenient so far (certainly is concerning fireworks, lol). The shop in WA had a little better selection, but I wasn't about to pay $30 for a 30mL bottle of juice that I may not have liked. I'll look and see if I can find it.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
I'm unable to find any info on this flavor issue. ...recommend having the vendor get his juice supplier in contact the CASAA. Or maybe Still Smoking could contact them directly. Hell, maybe I'll even send them an email.
From what I hear our AG is an anti-nicotine fanatic determined to not allow pvs in Portland :(

Marb

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Portland, OR
I may have misunderstood the vendor I was speaking with - he may have been referring to an internal policy with HIS supplier to hopefully lessen the possibility of legislation concerning e-juice.

At any rate, there seems to be very little interest on their part due to a low demand for e-products in-store. I'm sure if on-line availability became an issue, we'd see a lot more interest around town.

EDIT: btw, they also carry "cigarette flavor drops," does anyone know if these can be used to flavor e-juice?

Last edited:

The Fog Way

Jun 14, 2011
Oregon
Oregonian here too -- Mid-Valley area. Just found this forum. Do we have to join these subforums separately?

Don't close the forum! I just found it! I'm in Eugene. Any other ducks here?
Graduated college there :D

I'd like to keep it alive if only to bug our attorney general John Kroger! Of all the crusades to pick, why did he pick electronic cigarettes?
To "protect" all Oregonians. I think the guy just loves taxes. That's the only reason I can think of for his crusade. Can't stand him.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I'm too busy riding my fixie bike and publishing a zine, and my free time is taken up by shopping for 2nd hand clothes at Buffalo Exchange and home brewing beer.

Your post is making me miss Portland again..... I lived in Sellwood (Right by the bridge) for close to a year. I would walk to Oaks Park in the summer. I loved everything except the rain in the winter. I've been to Buffalo Exchange, and had some VERY good times enjoying the nightlife. :)

the ob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Portlandia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread