The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Should we keep this group going?

Discussion in 'Oregon Trail Vapers' started by lorikay13, Jun 17, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. evilfrog

evilfrog Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2011
    portland OR
    Do they sell hardware too? Just curious, as I thought it was not quite legal.

Those prices for liquid suck :(

2. Marb

Marb Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2011
    Portland, OR
    IIRC, Still Smokin has a very small selection of cheap stuff besides fluid - like the 7-11-style kits, I think. And maybe some carts? I've been thinking about getting one just to do a comparison.

The guy there put me on the phone with his juice supplier the other day and that guy was telling me there was some legislation in the works (or maybe already passed?) to ban certain "candy/fruity-ish" flavored fluids to keep from making it appealing to kids. Which also explained why the fluid selection was pretty blah.

WA seems to be a little more lenient so far (certainly is concerning fireworks, lol). The shop in WA had a little better selection, but I wasn't about to pay $30 for a 30mL bottle of juice that I may not have liked. I'll look and see if I can find it.

3. evilfrog

evilfrog Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2011
    portland OR
    I'm unable to find any info on this flavor issue. ...recommend having the vendor get his juice supplier in contact the CASAA. Or maybe Still Smoking could contact them directly. Hell, maybe I'll even send them an email.
    From what I hear our AG is an anti-nicotine fanatic determined to not allow pvs in Portland :(

4. Marb

Marb Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I may have misunderstood the vendor I was speaking with - he may have been referring to an internal policy with HIS supplier to hopefully lessen the possibility of legislation concerning e-juice.

At any rate, there seems to be very little interest on their part due to a low demand for e-products in-store. I'm sure if on-line availability became an issue, we'd see a lot more interest around town.

EDIT: btw, they also carry "cigarette flavor drops," does anyone know if these can be used to flavor e-juice?

5. Freyakat

Freyakat Full Member

May 30, 2011
    Lorane, OR
    I just found the Oregon group, and it seems to be pretty quiet. :(

6. Michael Hocks

Michael Hocks Full Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Tigard, OR
    id like to see it stay. im really wanting a meet. im in the tigard area if any1 is interested

7. dberkham

dberkham Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2011
    Surprise, AZ
    I'd like to keep it alive if only to bug our attorney general John Kroger! Of all the crusades to pick, why did he pick electronic cigarettes?

8. The Fog Way

The Fog Way Full Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Oregon
    Oregonian here too -- Mid-Valley area. Just found this forum. Do we have to join these subforums separately?

Graduated college there :D

To "protect" all Oregonians. I think the guy just loves taxes. That's the only reason I can think of for his crusade. Can't stand him.

9. drIpping&driving

drIpping&driving Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 14, 2010
    Beaverton, Oregon
    If you guys really want to throw something together I'd coordinate. I want to get at least 10 people together thought. Let me know where in Oregon would be most convenient and I'll look for locations.

10. ORC

ORC Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2011
    ABQ
    I'm from NM and will be in Vida, Or. Any vape stores in that area?

11. The Fog Way

The Fog Way Full Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Oregon
    Maybe Eugene has one. Vida's pretty far out there. It would be handy if Eugene had any vape stores, but I've never looked.

12. ORC

ORC Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2011
    ABQ
    It is "out there". I'm going to make sure I have all my "supplies". Don't want my batteries to die or run out of juice on this trip! Thanks for the reply.

13. AdrenalinnRush

AdrenalinnRush Full Member Verified Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    Yep! Go Ducks! I have yet to see another vaper in eugene! Although I am only 21. I'm slowly starting to change people's opinions about stopping the real thing and switching to vaping!

14. JmeMcG

JmeMcG Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2012
    Clackamas, Oregon
    Oregonian Here!!! New Member to ECF, new to vaping (first unit arrived today... waiting for it to charge... arrrggghhh. Trying to be patient...) Anyway, just found this area specific site and would like to be counted in as an "Oregon Trail Vaper".

15. the ob

the ob Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Portlandia
    Wish we actually had some activity here.

I am a duck, but live in p town now.

16. Thulium

Thulium Ultra Member ECF Veteran

17. Technonut

Technonut Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA
    Your post is making me miss Portland again..... I lived in Sellwood (Right by the bridge) for close to a year. I would walk to Oaks Park in the summer. I loved everything except the rain in the winter. I've been to Buffalo Exchange, and had some VERY good times enjoying the nightlife. :)

18. the ob

the ob Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Portlandia
    would love to meet up with all of you, unfortunately, that is the GF's bday. We should meet before that time.

19. visitlynn

visitlynn Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey aleyahevers! We're neighbors. I found a fellow vapor here in Klamath Falls. Have you found a meet up group?

20. visitlynn

visitlynn Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.