Sick from vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
So, excuse me for asking this, but has anyone ever gotten sick from vaping, or know someone who has. Recently I started smoking analogs again (stupid, I know), but luckily I still had all my hardware from before (I had slowly stopped vaping about six months ago because I didn't need the nicotine anymore and slowly just fell out of the hobby.) So I cleaned everything out (water in a sonic jewelry cleaner) reloaded it and got back to vaping (haven't had a cigarette since, I forgot how much I love to vape). Strangely enough, the day after I started vaping again I woke up sick (sore throat, cough, general crappy feeling). Could it be that my tanks and evods had something in there that didn't get cleaned out (I used to use vodka in the jewelry cleaner, but I didn't have any so I just used water, which worked fine but obviously didn't sanitize anything)? Now, to be fair, that same night I walked home drunk in the freezing cold, which is clearly a good way to get sick, or it could all just be a coincidence, but I thought I would ask. Keep in mind, I don't plan on quitting vaping, I'm just wondering if it's possible that it got me sick (really due to my own negligence) and if I should immediately sanitize everything. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I would have to call it coincidence the drunk walk home in the cold seems the most likely culprit. Especially since contrary to cartoon belief alcohol actually makes you more susceptible to the cold. But if you really think it maybe something you cleaned your gear in another good rinse with hot water wouldn't hurt. Hope you feel better.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Viruses usually take about 3-4 days before you're symptomatic, so there's that.

I always picked up a cold whenever I stopped smoking, but that's anecdotal. I also find I get cold-like respiratory irritation when I overdo the vape with higher PG concentration, but that abates by mid morning.

Since you took the time to thoroughly clean your gear, the chances that you picked up a bug from that seem remote, too.

Net - prolly a coincidence or a side effect of quitting smoking

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I find it very little likely that you'll find any virii or bacteria in your vaping gear that haven't gotten there from you. What I'm saying is that if there is such in there - it got there because you were already infected with something, not the other way around.

Not jumping to the defense of vaping here. Just thinking out loud :)

Bernard Marx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
attic
Come to think of it, I haven't been sick from vaping for over a year now. At the beginning I had a couple of severe pneumonia-like attacks but it must have been my body punishing me for smoking for 50 years. Now the worst is a nose tickle which I correct by changing my nic, vg/pg and flavor. (I love menthol but my nose doesn't.)

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Yeah, when I first switched to vaping years ago I definitely didn't feel fantastic for a day and hacked a bunch of crap up, but felt like a million bucks after a day or two, so that's pretty much what I expected.. This was different though, I was downright sick for almost a week. Again, I'm pretty certain it had nothing to do with vaping, especially after all of your input. Vape on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread