Anyvape CVI V1 and V2 Here NOW << They are in folks, VV/VW and 18350 tubes in stock too - These are IMPROVED with new top cap & Main Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
LOL.... but you mixed some of the terms here and there

Current = ( is the same ) amps.... in your analogy, it is how fast the electrons are flowing in a circuit
Voltage = potential energy ... is like pressure just as you mentioned
Power = watts... is the amount of voltage ( pressure, as you mentioned ) in combination with the amperage ( current )

Hence the formula W = V x I ( I is the symbol for amps/current and sometimes E is used instead of V for the voltage symbol, P can also be used instead of W for watts )

But also as you mentioned... there is no perfect circuit so there is some loss ( released in the form of heat that was not used in the coil itself )... but I also know that you can calculate how long a battery will last but that calculation will be off slightly due to the loss found in the circuit.

I actually can estimate how long my RC batteries will last given a certain amount of load but I can only do it after a flight once I've recharged the battery... my RC charger tells me how many mAh is put back into the battery... I take that value and divide it by the number of minutes flight I had which gives me an average... I can then say how many minutes a battery of a certain size ( mAh ) will last given that I fly at the same rate ( load ).

orbach

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2012
Florida
Given that it is power (wattage) that determines the energy expended from a battery, the answer is the second entry (4.6V 1.5Ohm 14.11W 3.06Amp) will make your battery last the longest.

rdsok, got a battery question for ya. You seem pretty knowledgable on batteries. Did not want to start a new thread so I'll just throw it in here.
Three different PV carto configurations...
5.6V 2.2Ohm 14.25W 2.54Amp
4.6V 1.5Ohm 14.11W 3.06Amp
4.0V 1.1Ohm 14.55W 3.36Amp
Would the setup having the battery at 5.6V drawing the least Amps last longest?
For simplicity all three are identical batteries.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
What I meant was to grasp the spring and turn it in the cap about 1/4 of a turn. Sometimes that will cure the issue you are having. Others I know had a similar issue and turning the spring slightly solved the issue for them.
It's been 2 days since I tried this and I've had no issues so I think it worked.

Thanks for the tip.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Glad to help. Your the second person I know of that this tip has worked. :D
I edited my original post with this easy solution so people that read it will know it's not a serious problem.
This thing has been working flawlessly since I gave that spring a turn.

My only problem now is that I'm vaping it so much that I'm getting a nic rush.
New toys are fun! :)

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Between Randy and jackbox, my head just went:

nuke2_zps036be195.gif

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Here's my pocket friendly shortie version for on the go travel....

View attachment 188398

I'm using the 18350 tube with an ego cone and Phoenix XL.
Using the cone helps support the Phoenix laterally when carrying around in your pants pocket.

Harplayr could you measure your devices height with 18350 tube only . ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread