Side by Side Comparison: OBS Engine II vs Dead Rabbit RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Smoke

Jan 31, 2019
I am fortunate enough to have the above two atomizers and am on my first tank of juice with both. Have to say, good comparisons are based on identical conditions but, that I can't offer. Both started with identical dual coils, 26ga, 6 wraps, 2.5 mm id, rayon wick but, the Rabbit is reading .21 and the Engine .27. And probably the most significant difference, the Rabbit has a 2ml tank and the Engine 5ml.

Public relations would have you believe that every product is perfect. $25.00 will not by you perfection in this world. The Engine arrived shorting out straight out of the box. I came to the conclusion that the posts were hitting the bell. I ground them down and the short went away. As for the Rabbit, threading of the deck to the bell could be better. Once it starts to warm up it will need to be retightened or it will leak.

And now the all important taste test. And the winner is: Dead Rabbit. Why? Air flow is a possible reason but, I think small tank size and insulating mass are the reason. The Engine II doesn't seem to get vape temperature right. I seems like you either vaping the cold taste of steel or its over the top hot. It is possible that the Engine would perform better with a thicker wire that retains more heat.

Your thoughts?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Interesting results. Fortunately I've never had any shorting issues with the Engine 2. Coil placement with the Engine 2 is extremely important as you need to pull it down and out to get it right over the air holes. I'm not sure I understand your low volume on the DR RTA. I have it as well and it holds 5 ml with the bubble tank. The volume held in an RTA should have no effect on flavor anyway as that's dependant on build, airflow and chamber and chimney size, not what's sitting outside the chamber. IME there is no single perfect atty, but rather choices that may work better and be preferable for one vaper but not another. But thanks for your findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread