Sidesho batteries and PCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

zomzom

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2010
Kalamazoo, Michigan
How long does a charged battery last for you? I have a manual and an automatic. I am definitely not a heavy vaper and both batteries seem to last a maximum of a couple of hours :?:. It seems that I have to recharge them constantly, and my PCC can't seem to make its mind up when it is fully charged - the red light appears to be having problems, as well as the blue light on the USB charging cord.

I've had the Sidesho for just shy of a month. I did e-mail Tony, I called him, and I even went to Modern Vapor's unit last Saturday when I was in Chicago just on the off chance - no one was there. So, I haven't gotten any replies to my communications as of yet.

Could it be that I have a bad PCC?

zomzom

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2010
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Send me an email at info@modernvapor.com

That is about the average time frame a battery should last for you usage, and if they are being charged bay the PCC I don't understand the problem.

I have not been on here all that much recently, so email me directly

Thanks for the reply Tony. I think my PCC was having a bit of a "hiccup" and during the past couple of days it seems to have corrected itself.

Apologies for having had to trouble you.

zomzom

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2010
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I definitely think that it was my PCC power cord that was causing a problem - it seemed as if it wasn't charging my batteries properly. The blue light on the cord was wavering and, after hubby tried it out on various USB ports and wall outlets, the blue light is behaving and I'm getting fully charged batteries again.

It was frustrating to me and I had to resort to going back to analogs for a week or so ... so, yeh, I fell off the wagon :blush:

I know that I should have extra stuff on hand but at the mo, money is tight and I have to spread the "wealth" - kind of an oxymoron (as I was back on the analogs). But, I managed to only use a pack of 20 so YAY me :D

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
On the older style of PCC that you have, you need to unplug & replug the cords for best results. If you leave the adapter & usb cable plugged in together all the time and just hook up the PCC when it needs to be charged. Sometimes the blue light on the cord will not light up the next time you hook up the PCC. If you unplug all the cords & replug them into the PCC the blue light comes back on.

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
I've been trying to figure out the Sidesho PCC that I got with my 1st order in June. The way it seems to be working is push the front button once and the blue display with the bars comes on to show the state of the PCC battery. Put a battery in to be charged, hold the button down and the e-cig led flashes. The Pcc display then changes to red and quickly goes out. I have left a battery on the charge for hours and have yet to see the e-cig led flash and a blue readout on the front display, it always changes to red.
The instructions that came with the PCC seems to say the display, without holding the button, should show red if the e-cig battery is still changing, blue when done. Even with a depleted battery, the display is always blue. The batteries are being charged and working great, just don't think the PCC is working quite right.

The SideSho kit is great and it's quality really shows.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
The led on the actual battery flashes a few times when you hold down the right bar to start the battery charge, not the LCD on the PCC. To check the status of the battery when it is charging, you just need to press the right bar once. If the LCD turns red, the battery is still charging. The LCD will not stay red, it will go back to blue in a few seconds. It is when you press the right bar and you don't see that the LCD turns red, it means your battery is charged.

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
The front lcd PCC display that has the four bars for the PCC charge status does not change to red when I have a battery in that needs charging. It stays blue until I hold the button down and the e-cid led flashes. It will then turn red for a few seconds and then goes out. It has never turned red when I have a battery charging and just tap the button. It seems to be charging the batteries ok. Guess I'll just have to be sure to take the battery off charge after a couple of hours.

Thanks- plan to order some things soon, probably will get a wall charger as backup to the PCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread