Sidesho PCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archer74

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Illinois
i saw a review of one that has a PCC that shuts down when the batt is full. Try looking for the "Revolver" review

edit: found it

http://www.youtube.com/v/eJz9KjBVUm0

WOOPS! sorry mah bad... didnt realize this post is in MV subforum... i just clicked on newposts
T_T

PS. i still favor the SideSho for my next purchase... I like pretty colors! lol

Last edited:

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
. I am also trying to get them to make the new model to carry a fully assembled ecig as well.

That would be wonderful!!! Being able to fit a whole eEcig in a pack is one of the reasons people like Blu. If you could do this with a Sidesho, that would rock.

~A

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
YES & NO... the original PCC you can fit a Sidesho manual battery inside the charging slot, and the 902 battery in the charging slot. The last batch of PCC's I didn't realize till 2 days ago they added a plastic tube inside the charging slot, and this prevents the manual battery from charging, or the 902 from fitting in the charging slot.

The new order I had them remove the tube, so the new PCC's will be able to charge the manuals.

If you have the recent PCC, you can remove the plastic tube with a quick 5min mod.

If you have the recent PCC, you can remove the plastic tube with a quick 5min mod.

Hmm is this a difficult mod to preform correctly? I have no idea how to even begin removing it. Anybody have a video of this or detailed instructions?

I'd love to have manuals with this pcc...it would then be miles ahead of the 510 with that horribly small pcc.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
The newer ones will be able to charge manual in PCC without any mods. I didn't even realize the last shipment of PCC's had this tube inside, they were not on any of the original ones. I had to open one up a few days ago to find out why the manual was not fitting inside the charging slot like it does in my original Sidesho PCC. I figured it out, and it only took 5min to fix it.

What you need.
1. needle nose pliers
2. a long skinny razor blade like the picture below
3.superglue

I am not sure why they added this extra tube in the PCC, it really makes no sense. They are not on any of the original PCC’s, and this tube prevents you from charging the manual battery inside the PCC.

I suggest you find one of these cheap razor blades because they are long and skinny. You need to work the blade down the front & back inside the PCC, you need to break the glue contact. The inner PCC is only held in with glue, so you don't have to worry about breaking any wire connections.

Then grab the needle nose pliers, and pull out the PCC. You will see a plastic tube glued in the charging slot, remove the tube, and scrape off any glue residue with the razor.

The last thing you need to do is put some superglue on the inside, around the middle of the case on the front/back side. Just push the inner PCC part back in the case, and squeeze the PCC on the glued ends for a few seconds and you are done.

Last edited:

BubbleBobble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2010
Louisiana, USA
Does anyone know the model number to the PCC's that DON'T fit manual batteries? I just had a manual battery get stuck in my PCC tonight. I've had this kit for a week and it hasn't happened until now, which is strange. It ripped the button off my manual!

I ordered this kit very recently, so I don't see why I would have one of those faulty PCC's.

My PCC model #: MV-108

Has a white tube in the charging hole. The tube only goes down about half way to the charger, then it opens up...

BubbleBobble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2010
Louisiana, USA
Yes, it has a matte black finish. Why would Tony sell a hybrid kit with a manual battery that can't fit inside the PCC? Furthermore, why would he do so with absolutely no warning? Nowhere on the website was I warned about the PCC not fitting the manual. Even in the actual package, the "manual" and paperwork said nothing of a manual not fittng in the PCC.

I doubt Tony would be selling kits under false impressions...

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
The Matte black PCC can charge the manual battery, the inner hole is big enough to fit/charge the manual battery. You could have got a PCC that had the top layer foam that positioned incorrectly, and might be causing the issue.

Shoot me an email and I will take care of it, info@modernvapor.com

MidniteVulture

Jan 9, 2010
Ohio
My only complaint with the sidesho is that although you can charge the manual battery in the PCC, you can't store it in the charging slot; the lid won't shut without pushing the battery down to charge mode.

I'm not sure what to do here as I don't like the automatic batteries; I wanted to buy more manuals but am put off that I can only keep one in my pack at a time.

MidniteVulture

Jan 9, 2010
Ohio
I'm thinking of trying the new non-charging case for this reason, but wish I didn't have to.

I work security at a bar, and don't believe I vape nearly as much as most people, so one battery is usually almost enough to get my through my shift; so with having two I would be fine but it's much more reassuring knowing I can recharge one if I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread