SIDESHO - Tips & Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received my Sidesho today in the mail, I will say it is incredibly cute and I love all visual aspects. Also the vapor production seems pretty awesome. (Also, you sent us some free blank carts with our bottle of e juice and for that I say THANK YOU. That was crazy awesome and I am just getting more and more impressed with the vendors on this forum.)

However, I am a total newbie. It is my first E cig and I wanted to clarify a few things with you so I don't ruin my machine before I have time to enjoy it. I'm getting an incredibly strong chemical taste from both of my atomizers. I rinsed them under hot water like the manual suggested but the taste still seems to be there. Is this a common problem? Do I just need to buck up and vape through it?
Some one mentioned re-priming after washing? Is this something I should be doing?

ckreef

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Central GA
I too am a total noobie but went with the 902 instead of the sidesho. Vape through it. After about 1/3 a cart worth of juice that flavor seems to go away. But I will add that vaping is a bit different from analogs and it took me almost my entire 1st day to get use to this new sensation/taste. I do like the fruity flavors the best. The tobacco flavor that came with my 902 kit tastes really bad (IMO) --- saving those carts for an emergency.

pdssoft

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Michigan, USA
I'm getting an incredibly strong chemical taste from both of my atomizers. I rinsed them under hot water like the manual suggested but the taste still seems to be there. Is this a common problem? Do I just need to buck up and vape through it?
Some one mentioned re-priming after washing? Is this something I should be doing?

I'm not certain, but it almost sounds like your vaping a "dry" atty... When you first place a cart on a "cleaned" atty, if you don't prime it, you'll need to let it sit for awhile while the juice flows from the cart into the atty.

Priming is when you place a few drops of juice directly on the atty... this starts the "flow" for when the cart is placed on.

I'm not certain, but it almost sounds like your vaping a "dry" atty... When you first place a cart on a "cleaned" atty, if you don't prime it, you'll need to let it sit for awhile while the juice flows from the cart into the atty.

Priming is when you place a few drops of juice directly on the atty... this starts the "flow" for when the cart is placed on.

Thank you for telling me~!
I'm pretty sure that's what it was. After letting them sit for awhile the taste greatly improved. I'll make sure I do that next time.

Mister Hyde

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
Florida
Just a little tip on the sidesho... if you need to replace an atty on them the 306 works great and you can fit one in the same slots the caps normally fit in. The 306 is significantly shorter than the sidesho atomizer so that can come in handy.

Yes I have being using the LR 306 with a drip tip on my Sidesho for the past 3 weeks and works fantastic. ;)
The LR 510 works as well but I prefer the LR 306 for dripping....:vapor:

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Biggest draw to the sidesho and to MV for me was the quality look and feel, as well as the quality of the accessories. I've bought other models since then but my trusty SS is still here with me. You gotta love getting an email from MV less than an hour after you send one to them. That's another major draw. On compatibles, have any of you found other things compatible with the sidesho besides the 306? Mad Scientist stuff ya know?

ckreef

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Central GA
You gotta love getting an email from MV less than an hour after you send one to them.

+ 1,000 I sent my original order early morning July 4th -- got an immediate confirmation e-mail and then within an hour I got a shipping confirmation e-mail for shipping on the 6th. Received my items on the 8th.

Could not ask for better service :2cool:

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
Just received my Sidesho today in the mail, I will say it is incredibly cute and I love all visual aspects. Also the vapor production seems pretty awesome. (Also, you sent us some free blank carts with our bottle of e juice and for that I say THANK YOU. That was crazy awesome and I am just getting more and more impressed with the vendors on this forum.)

However, I am a total newbie. It is my first E cig and I wanted to clarify a few things with you so I don't ruin my machine before I have time to enjoy it. I'm getting an incredibly strong chemical taste from both of my atomizers. I rinsed them under hot water like the manual suggested but the taste still seems to be there. Is this a common problem? Do I just need to buck up and vape through it?
I don't think you have to wash it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread