SIDESHO - Tips & Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronL703

Feb 5, 2010
West Virginia
Hey guys I am new to e-cigs pretty much and didnt realize there was such a scene for them.

I own the stock sidesho with an auto battery. I am very pleased and see no reason to even try out anything else. I have some questions though. What are some good mods and what not to make it even better than it is. There is nothing wrong with it and I know how to refill carts.(thanks to Tony of course) I would just like stronger and thicker vape hits. I heard a manual battery is good for this. Is it true? I am not against spending a little money to get what I want. So basically how can I get this thing to hit harder and last longer? I read this thread already but it there any other input?

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
Get this blue foam from any pet store (petco, petsmart) in the aquarium section. It works 10x better than the stock polyfil. You want to cut it wider then the cart, and a little longer.

It cost about 9.00, and you will have enough material to last you a year

Marineland Magnum Foam Sleeve "Rite-Size U" 3pk.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Hmmm I may be wrong about this, but if the pull is harder, I'm not sure that would be the atty so to speak, as in something wrong with it. When I have that issue, I do two things that fix it. One, I make sure my filler/foam isn't too high, poking out of the cart and perhaps pushing against the atty too much, and two, I disconnect the atty from the battery and blow down into it. Sometimes you can feel juice come out the side hole too if there's too much in there. I then wipe it down and put it back on.

Mammal

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Question on Sidesho fills: I've seen some references to a 'divider' or such - not even sure if that applies to the Sidesho or if it was meant to mean the 902 - and I'm going to have to explain filling without being present or having seen one in person...

Is the basic Sidesho cart an inner-cup-of-polyfill-in-a-mouthpiece design like the m40x, or is there something I should know about layered materials or reservoirs before I suggest the same push-it-aside-with-a-paperclip technique?

I found the one pic of a Sidesho cup next to a m40x cup but it doesn't show all the guts or quite how it fits in the mouthpiece. (Current 40x style has the 3 wings on the cup.. I suppose there's an equivalent support on the mouthpiece side in the Sidesho to let the air get past?)

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Yeah, it sound like you explained it perfectly with how the inner cart works on the Sidesho, so you got it. I don't have any type of 40x so maybe someone can help you better, but I believe a Sidesho is a modification of on of those models.

As far as that divider in the inner cart, I believe the divider doesn't exist on the new ones.

snottyragsdale

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
New York State
Thanks for the advice, Garnoch. Suspected i had the fill too long, and found out about blowing out the atty when i over filled it yesterday. The atty's working gr8 now, btw. Now my only beef is the carts don't last long with the blue foam. They're twice the size of my rn4081, yet last half as long. Sidesho's a miracle other than that, am hoping i'm doing something wrong...

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
Thanks for the advice, Garnoch. Suspected i had the fill too long, and found out about blowing out the atty when i over filled it yesterday. The atty's working gr8 now, btw. Now my only beef is the carts don't last long with the blue foam. They're twice the size of my rn4081, yet last half as long. Sidesho's a miracle other than that, am hoping i'm doing something wrong...

yeah, if you over stuff the cart with the blue foam it is not going to wick all the well. I cut the strips just a little wider & a bit taller than the inner cart. It will take a little bit of messing around with it, but it works great once you ge the right size

snottyragsdale

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
New York State
I've been vaping with Johnson Creek for almost 2 months, it was great stuff. I've been using their Red Oak series for a week now and had nothing but atty trouble. I would've quit using it but I'm broke, out of work. All my attys are dead now, and that's with my Sidesho AND a reliable other brand. I DO NOT want to start smoking again. This blows and JC lost a customer!

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Strange, somehow I got the impression that the SideSho was a customized 401 but once I received it I realized this is not the case at all as the threads are reversed and have a uniquely recessed contact on the atomizer. That part I find strange almost as if it is trying to reduce possible compatibilities.

Despite this I have found several interesting possible combinations. The best one is the 306 atomizer which has been known to be compatible with the 510. It is slimmer than a 510 and barely noticeably wider than the 401. This fits onto the SideSho batteries almost perfectly, screwing down and leaving just a hairs breadth of gap between the battery and atomizer. This vapes well and actually reduces the overall cig size by nearly a centimeter.

I think the 306 even tastes better on the SideSho battery probably due to a slightly reduced voltage (more taste slightly less vapor but not tested) than on a standard 510 battery. On the reverse side, a SideSho atomizer will work with one of the steel connectors that go from a 901/KR8 battery to a 510 atomizer. This combination though seems more likely to produce a slightly more 'burnt' flavor as again I believe it is running slightly higher voltage. And last bit, in a last ditch fallback the SideSho batteries will work with a 510 atomizer but do look a bit... oversized on the atomizer.

Overall I am pleasantly surprised by the SideSho and only wish that extra lip on the connector of the atomizer was not present to improve general compatibility. I'll post a separate entry on an issue with the PCC.

Thanks for a good product and quick shipping!! With the large discount offered with the coupon code the price was within a very reasonable place with two complete cigs and a pcc.

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
I do have an issue with the PCC though as I bought a Hybrid model (1 auto 1 manual battery) The PCC is designed for either battery it seems as there are cutouts for the battery button in both the charging slot and the storage slot but the Manual battery is a few millimeters longer than the Auto and when in the Storage slot (not the charging slot) the case CANNOT be closed. I cannot find a battery position that lets me keep the Manual battery in the case except in the charging slot.

I also noticed the red battery and red atomizer are of a different shade. Not a big deal but odd. Both points seems like a little bit of an oversight but I still like the kit.

Last edited:

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
fill it till its full, and make sure you don't have any pool of juice at the top. You can get around 12-15 drops in the cart. I probably said that to start off slow, you want to first know what to expect.

You first need to get the size of the blue foam correct. If you have it too thin on the sides, the juice can leak out. If you have it over stuffed, it will not draw correctly. So, you need to experiment with the size. I make it a little wider & taller than the inner cart.

Pollard143

Jan 9, 2009
I've been vaping a Sidesho for about 6 months now and I've gone through about 6 atomizers. I was wondering if that's a lot and if dripping instead of using the carts shortens the life of them? I did use the carts for a while but it seemed to be a lot more messy then just putting a drop on either side of the bridge. With the carts, I seemed to always have some kind of problem with the carts, like juice in my mouth or overflowing even when I didn't put a lot in there to start with. I seem to get a lot more vapor production with the dripping, so what are the advantages of using the carts at all?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread