Sidesho: the good, the bad, and the ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'll start with the ugly:
That is of course the god awful primer taste on the atomizers. But after a day of cleaning and vaping, and gagging it seems to be going away.

The Good: The thing looks really sexy. Once broken in it produces a good amount of vapor, very similar to a real cigarette. The carts obivously hold a lot of juice! The PCC while not the nice rubberized verson we all love from blu does have one added benefit, theres no blinding blue light on the side of the pack, just a nice dim red light. The battery (about the size of a 100 cigarette) has twice the battery power of the blu. And it seems it charges just as fast. One other thing I really like is that when you take a drag theres no load air flow noise, like with the blu or any ecig that has air holes

The Bad: the atomizer runs cold, like the blu. And as I understand this means better flavor but less throat hit. I prefer throat hit. The PCC can only houses one atomizer. The carts aren't perfect imo, but one thing that seemed to help a lot is taking out the wick material and unfolding it then placing it back in the cart. This is allowing the juice to move up the wick faster, which means more consistancy. The prefilled carts don't taste good, well at least certainly not combined with the primer taste on the atty.

Over all solid ecig, not the end all be all that I was hoping for, but a good little gizmo none the less

Last edited:
Update: I tried the lipton tea bag mod for the sidesho carts (the frayed version worked a lot better) and all I have to say is wow! I'm getting lots and lots of vapor and good throat hit. I guess the problem was the wicking material in the carts. A simple mod and this thing is a champ!
So now the only real downside (although imo not a big deal) is that the pcc can carry only one atomizer, however if you remove one cart you can lay an extra atomizer in there. So 4 carts 2 attys, or 5 carts 1 atty.

Questions for Tony: does the pcc have a higher mah rating? I'm just wondering how many time it will charge the batteries
Also I heard the white batteries have a little more kick to them, does this include the white with strips?

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
Update: I tried the lipton tea bag mod for the sidesho carts (the frayed version worked a lot better) and all I have to say is wow! I'm getting lots and lots of vapor and good throat hit. I guess the problem was the wicking material in the carts. A simple mod and this thing is a champ!
So now the only real downside (although imo not a big deal) is that the pcc can carry only one atomizer, however if you remove one cart you can lay an extra atomizer in there. So 4 carts 2 attys, or 5 carts 1 atty.

Questions for Tony: does the pcc have a higher mah rating? I'm just wondering how many time it will charge the batteries
Also I heard the white batteries have a little more kick to them, does this include the white with strips?

the PCC has like a 1050mah internal battery, so it can charge the batteries 4-5 times wile on the go. I can't say that all of the white ones hit better, but for some odd reason the ones I have tested seemed like they hit harder. I asked the manufacture about this, and they said all the internals are the same for each color. I haven't really tested the white stripes, I am not a fan of the stripes.

Last edited:
I don't find that the atomizer runs too cold. After a few hits, the thing really starts to heat up, to the point the outside of the atomizer is pretty hot to the touch.

Sometimes I wonder if it gets too hot.

Yeah I'm seeing that more and more. I've been playing around with different wicking material for the cart and I got to say the atty seems like a real workhorse. Getting great vapor and a pretty good throat hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread