Status
Not open for further replies.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Nice.
.15 ohm quad coil build on my Hades clone puts me over 100watts.

What's the amp limit on that chip?
edited to add:
"gravity sensor"?
Maaaan.......?
Seems those folks at Sigelei love those shakey-weight mods.....

At 3.8 volts and 0.15 ohms you will be vaping at 96 watts...are you telling us that you get less that 0.4v drop on a 0.15ohm build with a mechanical? Also tell us watt wattage you're vaping at after taking 10 hits, 20 hits, 50 hits off your mechacnical.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
At 3.8 volts and 0.15 ohms you will be vaping at 96 watts...are you telling us that you get less that 0.4v drop on a 0.15ohm build with a mechanical? Also tell us watt wattage you're vaping at after taking 10 hits, 20 hits, 50 hits off your mechacnical.

You rock your batteries to 3.8 volts? Mine hit the charger before they get that low.

Ican build lower than your 100watt vv will function.

Again, what is the amp limit on that regulated mod?
I didn't see it in the specs.
Most regulated DNA devices have a 12.5amp limit.

My 26650 battery is rated at 60 amps.

RSZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Canada
You rock your batteries to 3.8 volts? Mine hit the charger before they get that low.

30 Amps is what its rated at.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009

Obviously you have no clue about voltage drop...look it up. Your batteries come off the charger at 4.2v but when you fire your mod you are not vaping at 4.2 volts, especially with a 0.15ohm build. Assuming you have a pretty darn good set up, you are vapping at 3.6v with a fresh battery. You won't know what wattage you're actually vaping at unless you check with a multimeter the voltage drop. But trust me you are not vaping 100 watts. And your average wattage will be no where near 100 watts.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Obviously you have no clue about voltage drop...look it up. Your batteries come off the charger at 4.2v but when you fire your mod you are not vaping at 4.2 volts, especially with a 0.15ohm build. Assuming you have a pretty darn good set up, you are vapping at 3.6v with a fresh battery. You won't know what wattage you're actually vaping at unless you check with a multimeter the voltage drop. But trust me you are not vaping 100 watts. And your average wattage will be no where near 100 watts.

My copper Hades has a .09 drop at .8ohm load when tested new out of the box, with a quick cleaning.
Haven't tested it with a -.1 ohm build .....yet.
I will today. Just for you.
I repair mods for my Local B&M, and have access to a ton of fun tools
;)
Don't ASSume. It makes you look foolish.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
My copper Hades has a .09 drop at .8ohm load when tested new out of the box, with a quick cleaning.
Haven't tested it with a -.1 ohm build .....yet.
I will today. Just for you.
I repair mods for my Local B&M, and have access to a ton of fun tools
;)
Don't ASSume. It makes you look foolish.

You are the one making all the assumptions....you are assuming you are easily vaping above 100 watts when you aren't. Even if you have a fabulous setup (which from you description it sounds like you do), your initial vape with a fresh 26650 battery and a super clean copper/silver contacts will approach 100 watts but thats it.....after that it will quickly drop from there and you won't be anywhere near 100 watts. With an ordinary mod or not so clean contacts you initial vape won't even approach a 100 watts.

Let us know the actual voltage drop. If you have time... do it at different intervals as well. I have larger voltage drops in my mods because I only use 18650 batteries....I suspect with your set up you will get an initial voltage of 3.8-3.9v and that will be 95-100 watts.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
There isn't any unless you are using a coil below 1 ohm and even below .5 ohms.

If you're vaping on a 1.5 ohm coil and tried to hit it with even 20+ watts about all you'll get is a HOT vape and throat burn.

Oh gawd, this again :facepalm:

You didn't believe me so a while back I gave you a link to other people who do this successfully. You said you were not interested in looking at the link but you continue to bring up this false information as fact.

Even if you were right and we couldn't use higher power levels with higher resistance coils, what's the problem with that? A regulated mod doesn't care what the resistance is if you're over the minimum it can handle. It's all about the watts and most high power regulated devices these days handle down to 0.5 ohms at least or lower.

Last edited:

Northern-Lights

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Oregon

.........................<3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread