Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Anyone interested in a class on line to learn how to build a mod with step by step instructions please sign up here.
We also need on line teachers to sign up. :) Our teachers can give us a list of supplies and tools. Next they can post a lesson step by step with pictures. This can be done one lesson at a time. It doesn't have to be a completed project before posting. This will be easier for the teachers. We could even have another thread for posting comments and pictures of our finished work done in class. Video's are great for some but are worthless for people on dial-up. Post a reply and list whether you are interested in being a student or a teacher. Teachers can start their own thread with their own creation with a link back to here so we can keep track of the classes. Does this sound like a good idea?
The classes could be on different levels maybe beginner to advanced.
Just reply whether you are interested in being a student or a teach. List what you can teacher and what you would like to learn.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
I'm definitely interested. (student)

Will we know where to get the parts ahead of time?

I'm excited!

That will be the first step for the teachers. We will have to get our parts some may have to be ordered. No one will get rushed.

Is there anything in particular you would like to take a class in?

Would you be a beginner, intermediate, or advanced?

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
I might consider teaching a class on a quick USB passthru, I'll just need to grab a webcam.

That is wonderful. All you need is a camera to take step by step pictures. Remember some of us are on dial-up. You can just start a new thread with a supply list and call it Online class Quick USB Passthru. Post here when it is ready. We can get our supplies ready for the class to start.

I am excited. Our first teacher.

Kewtsquirrel

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
DFW, TX
moddersupply.com
Supply list: (DSE901 Passthru)

Radioshack part# 274-1583 - Size N Coaxial DC Power Jack w/Switch - RadioShack.com - Size N DC Power Jack w/ switch
Radioshack part# 270-414 - 2 'AAA' enclosed battery holder - Enclosed "AAA" Battery Holder - RadioShack.com
Radioshack part# 275-003 - 12vDC 50mA SPST 6.2x6.2mm SMT Tact Switch 9mm high - 12VDC 50mA SPST 6.2x6.2 mm SMT Tact Switch, 9.5mm High - RadioShack.com

USB cable - you only need the end that plugs into your PC, so you can tear up an old keyboard or just buy one - frys has some beige ones for $0.99.

Tools:

Soldering Iron - If you're buying one, buy an adjustable temp, don't skimp here.
Solder
Solder Flux
Wire Strippers - I prefer manual over automatic for smaller gauge wires, but note that standard USB cable wires are like 26 or 28 gauge, so buy accordingly.
Thin Wire (I use 22 gauge)
Flush-cut Sidecutters
Hot-Glue gun
Drill w/ full set of bits - Wal-mart has a great drillbit set for $17

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Supply list: (DSE901 Passthru)

Radioshack part# 274-1583 - Size N Coaxial DC Power Jack w/Switch - RadioShack.com - Size N DC Power Jack w/ switch
Radioshack part# 270-414 - 2 'AAA' enclosed battery holder - Enclosed "AAA" Battery Holder - RadioShack.com
Radioshack part# 275-003 - 12vDC 50mA SPST 6.2x6.2mm SMT Tact Switch 9mm high - 12VDC 50mA SPST 6.2x6.2 mm SMT Tact Switch, 9.5mm High - RadioShack.com

USB cable - you only need the end that plugs into your PC, so you can tear up an old keyboard or just buy one - frys has some beige ones for $0.99.

Tools:

Soldering Iron - If you're buying one, buy an adjustable temp, don't skimp here.
Solder
Solder Flux
Wire Strippers - I prefer manual over automatic for smaller gauge wires, but note that standard USB cable wires are like 26 or 28 gauge, so buy accordingly.
Thin Wire (I use 22 gauge)
Flush-cut Sidecutters
Hot-Glue gun
Drill w/ full set of bits - Wal-mart has a great drillbit set for $17

I copied the parts list and I will go to R.S. tomorrow after work to pick everything up.

allure

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Lake Forest,CA
I am in as a student. I like the post from nicowolf putting step by step with pictures for nicostick or maddog with a video to mod the magnum posting step by step directions.

for the started like me in soldering, this is excellent video on soldering. Watch it before doing any soldering or attending this class. I hope nerf would put step by step video.

Also check this site. Nice info... http://www.curiousinventor.com/guides/How_To_Solder

YouTube - How and WHY to Solder Correctly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread