Status
Not open for further replies.

chefjosh

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
Florida
First off, I apologize if this had been covered before, as I imagine it must have been somewhere, but not that I could find in this mountain of information.

I currently have a Phoenix RA and I have a smok Vivi tank system on the way. I'm getting ready to purchase my first bulk order of wick as I've just been using the same couple feet I originally bought, but that's getting a bit too short for comfort.

What size diameter wick do I want, and if it's a preference thing, how does the vape differ on a 1mm to a 3mm and everything in between.

Thanks for the help ECF, it is much appreciated.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
I found that for the best wicking for my particular vape-style on the Phoenix(copy) is 2 1mm strands of silica with the coil wrapped semi-loosely when dry. as it soaks up liquid it expands just enough to the coils. This setup gives me nice and long chain-vapin hits without running dry.....I HATE running dry!!!!!. This way gives me a slight flavor "fall-off" that lets me know it's time to drip.

I tried 3mm once and I think I just had me coil to tight as it started to get the dry-ish quicker than I would have liked. I am confident that I could get it to wick properly with a lil adjustment but the 2 1mm's have just werked sooo well that I haven't bothered messing with a good thing.

I'm in the same boat chefjosh, Phoenix now and smoke vivi en route.
I am opposite of spraintz as I prefer 2 strands of 3mm wick with the coil wrapped around both.
The Phoenix holds a little less juice but it works the best for me.
I also have some 325 wire mesh coming as I want to play with a hybrid coil (cotton inside wire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread