Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Wow. Time to reactivate this thread. It is now many years after the original posts on 'how to' and I have a couple of questions.
Since the first tests were introduced the sellers of the chemicals required have either stopped selling them or have revised them in some form. eg.
I found several companies offering the bromothymol blue but in different strengths. .004 and .001
and then this one (which I just bought)
Hach 25532 Bromthymol Blue Indicator Solution, 100 mL MDB: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Can you tell me if I purchased the correct one this test is calling for? If it is not, then what do I buy now? The .004 or the .001?
Thanks
:)

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Wizard labs has theirs @. 04? Bromothymol Blue - 12ml (.4oz)
opps sorry. WL is referring to the amount of liquid volume in bottle it sells. I was referring to the strength of the liquid itself.
But thanks anyway. If all else fails, I can just order their kit altho I have not yet ever ordered from them.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    opps sorry. WL is referring to the amount of liquid volume in bottle it sells. I was referring to the strength of the liquid itself.
    But thanks anyway. If all else fails, I can just order their kit altho I have not yet ever ordered from them.
    If you click To purchase the Blue stuff, in the Description section underneath, it states ". 04" for the mix. Yes, it's also 4 oz.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    If you click To purchase the Blue stuff, in the Description section underneath, it states ". 04" for the mix. Yes, it's also 4 oz.
    Ok. I just made the order from wizard labs for the kit. Thanks for all the posts. Better to be safe than sorry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread