The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Simple, easy DIY test for mg/mL nicotine. A Follow Up on DVAP's Method

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Þornbjörg, Oct 19, 2009.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Paul Siorai Waldorf

Paul Siorai Waldorf Full Member

Mar 5, 2015
    San Diego, CA, USA
  2. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Wow. Time to reactivate this thread. It is now many years after the original posts on 'how to' and I have a couple of questions.
    Since the first tests were introduced the sellers of the chemicals required have either stopped selling them or have revised them in some form. eg.
    I found several companies offering the bromothymol blue but in different strengths. .004 and .001
    and then this one (which I just bought)
    Hach 25532 Bromthymol Blue Indicator Solution, 100 mL MDB: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Can you tell me if I purchased the correct one this test is calling for? If it is not, then what do I buy now? The .004 or the .001?
    Thanks
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    opps sorry. WL is referring to the amount of liquid volume in bottle it sells. I was referring to the strength of the liquid itself.
    But thanks anyway. If all else fails, I can just order their kit altho I have not yet ever ordered from them.

5. PaulBHC

PaulBHC Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    I have the WL kit and it works well, but works better with a larger sample. I ordered it along with a large enough order to get free shipping.

• Like Like x 2
  6. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    If you click To purchase the Blue stuff, in the Description section underneath, it states ". 04" for the mix. Yes, it's also 4 oz.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Ok. I just made the order from wizard labs for the kit. Thanks for all the posts. Better to be safe than sorry.

• Like Like x 2