Simple Hints, Tips, and Tricks for Vapers [To Save Time And Money]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeA5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Methuen, MA
When my relatively new smok 1.5 ohm Dual Coil cartimizers get hard to draw I convert them to 3 ohm by cutting the wire that comes from the center hole and runs over the top and down the side of the carto with wire cutters. I'll put it on a VV/VW device and the draw gets much "looser". This way I extend the life of Dual Coil LR cartomizers that become hard to draw.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
It's like tying a shoe: try explaining it and it's very dificult, but show someone how to do it and have them try and it turns out to be very very easy.
Fantastic analogy!

Summer is not the time to order Armageddon quantities of ejuice or DIY nic supplies online. Anywhere along the mail chain they can sit in hot boxes, trucks, airport tarmacs, and your mailbox. Heating up your ejuice to those temperatures will significantly shorten its lifespan. Best to stock up early

Super advice!

Wrap some electrical tape around your batteries to make them easier to pull out of your mods, esp. if a tight spot.

Stick a toothpick or coffee stirrer inside the air hole of clearos/cartos when filling so no juice gets in there.

Denture tablets work very well to fizz away gunk on coils.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
All you DIY juicers: Go to Walmart and pick up some Watkins Imitation Strawberry Extract -- 59 mL for $2.48. It's really very good. I use 10% in my mixture and it's one of my favorite flavors. Cheap and delicious! Ingredients: Water, propylene glycol, alcohol (18%), and artificial flavor. (It's a good idea to avoid any extracts with oil or acid in the ingredients.) :vapor:
Heh, I have a friend who started vaping this way, and has *never* bought vendor juice. He just bought that, mixed it up w/his nic suspension and vapes it every day.

Dave L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Modesto, CA, USA
All you DIY juicers: Go to Walmart and pick up some Watkins Imitation Strawberry Extract -- 59 mL for $2.48. It's really very good. I use 10% in my mixture and it's one of my favorite flavors. Cheap and delicious! Ingredients: Water, propylene glycol, alcohol (18%), and artificial flavor. (It's a good idea to avoid any extracts with oil or acid in the ingredients.) :vapor:

I just today tried adding a few drops of Watkins Imitation Orange Extract to my French Vanilla carto. You're right, it's quite nice. All of the Watkins extracts seem to contain quite a bit of alcohol, so I think I'll keep 'em out of my clearos. :2c:

OnTheFidele

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Wow guys, this is really becoming a repository of vaping wisdom here!

Quick tip here to save you guys time:
The boiling water method REALLY does speed up steep time on juices. Boil some water (best in your handy dandy electric kettle), pour it in a bowl with your [closed] juices and let them heat up. Once nice and hot, take the bottles out, shake, and steep until they are back at room temperature. Rinse and repeat until you're satisfied. Yes, it reduces the lifespan of your juice, but if you're going to vape it anyway, this method is supreme.

Cheers!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The last couple of decades I've not been one to jump on the latest bandwagon just to be cool. In my opinion if you want to save money and time, find what works for you and stick with it until you feel there is a good reason to try something new. Specially in vaping, do not think something is worth trying until it's still getting good reviews and minimal complaints after at least a few month's on the market.

Boring ... maybe, but your bank account will love you for it :2cool:

astounded

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
vancouver bc
That HC has a ban on liquid nicotine is a myth that has been perpetrated since 2009. It only has an advisory against it because they know hardly anything about it and vaping. Here is some info. in regards to this, but just search the Canadian forum for much more. Also you can get nic base in Canada. PM me if you like. Health Canada's E-Cig restrictions deserve to go up in smoke - The Weal

It is however true that a vendor was recently forced by Health Canada to stop selling ejuice with nicotine, and that somebody just posted they had their ejuice order confiscated by Canada Customs ... so who knows what Health Canada is up to. Certainly ordering the nic juice within Canada would eliminate the concern about Customs.

tmoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Madison, AL
The last couple of decades I've not been one to jump on the latest bandwagon just to be cool. In my opinion if you want to save money and time, find what works for you and stick with it until you feel there is a good reason to try something new. Specially in vaping, do not think something is worth trying until it's still getting good reviews and minimal complaints after at least a few month's on the market.

Boring ... maybe, but your bank account will love you for it :2cool:

Excellent advice. Very annoying, but good advice. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread