Status
Not open for further replies.

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
Getting ready to add a mod. My current mod has a separate fire and adjustment buttons. Has anyone that has both types found which one last longest? Electronic button have a rated "cycle" life. It would seem that spreading functions over several buttons would take longer for the buttons to reach their cycle life. Maybe it's a mute point as the pc board or physical damage may end the life of the unit before any button reaches it's cycle life

Nodnerb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Winnipeg
Ive never had a button on any of my mods die, single button or multi. In fact the only one that has ever started to become inconsistent was the fire button in my v1 lavatube. But it still works. If given the choice though i preffer multi button. Im not a fan of all the button pressing of single button. Having said that, my main vaper right now is a single button sid. Love it.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
depends on the design of the mod and software in the chip. some of the boards are specifically designed for a one button system and they actually have to redesign the boards if they want that same chip in a multi button design.

as for wear or failure? this is going to be roughly associated with the build quality of the switch, contacts, and board. an example is my vamo is fully mechanical switches, they are clicky and solid. and they are slowly becoming fussy and sometimes need a second press that is more solid. whereas the provari uses a military design pure electronic switch, there is nothing moving and no parts to really wear out. the cheaper the mod the cheaper the parts used to produce it are going to be.
paying 20 bucks for all those electronics I wouldnt hold my breath the switch will last 5 years.

cant say i prefer either from a function standpoint, if the software is designed correctly the most common functions are just a few clicks away, cant really say its going to give me stress to press a button 2 more times.

Last edited:

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Build quality is much more important to me than how many buttons it has. For example, a one-button ProVari will easily outlive a three-button Vamo. Which is easier to use? IDK as I have never owned a Vamo. However, I don't get stressed about the one-button deal. BTW, everything wears out eventually. ProVari will fix the button (for a fee if the warranty is up) and Chinese manufacturers won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread