New Orleans, LA

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I can never manage to get the .3xxx wrap of a coil LOL

I hear ya Wraith! The 'rounded to "half wraps" ' numbers solve that for me, LOL.

It's a great coil design tool though. Get a handle on the heat flux and heat capacity concepts and it's even better. Sure beats me having to try a few different actual setups when I do something different :)

WilsonPhillips

Feb 26, 2015
I hear ya Wraith! The 'rounded to "half wraps" ' numbers solve that for me, LOL.

It's a great coil design tool though. Get a handle on the heat flux and heat capacity concepts and it's even better. Sure beats me having to try a few different actual setups when I do something different :)

The half wraps feature is good. The heat flux capacity is just what I was looking for. Just shooting for a specific ohm doesn't quite cut it. Trying different gauge/wraps to get that fire icon in the green is going to get us the clouds/flavor/warmth that we are aiming for with fewer attempts. Definitely have to bookmark that one.

I can see that I cannot settle for having a couple of gauge wire spools sitting around. I need a spool of each gauge to get that perfect setup each and every time. I got my first rda (Aeolus) Monday and I have tried 5 different builds so far and still not hitting the sweet spot. :facepalm: Now, I know just what was wrong.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The half wraps feature is good. The heat flux capacity is just what I was looking for. Just shooting for a specific ohm doesn't quite cut it. Trying different gauge/wraps to get that fire icon in the green is going to get us the clouds/flavor/warmth that we are aiming for with fewer attempts. Definitely have to bookmark that one.

I can see that I cannot settle for having a couple of gauge wire spools sitting around. I need a spool of each gauge to get that perfect setup each and every time. I got my first RDA (Aeolus) Monday and I have tried 5 different builds so far and still not hitting the sweet spot. :facepalm: Now, I know just what was wrong.

Glad you found it Wilson :). I set up between 360 and 400 mW/mm² and that is in the red zone. It does not give me burnt hits in the RBAs I use which have open air flow for the lung hits I do. My two favorite setups are both dual coils, the first at 0.35 ohms using 27 gauge Kanthal and the second at 0.20 ohms using 24 guage in a Mutation X RDA. The second is actually a cooler vape than the first even though there is more power in the atty.

I don't need more than the 24 and 27 gauge Kanthal, but I mostly just do simple single strand, round wire, dual coil builds in RDAs. I am using mechanical mods so I have no way to adjust the power without making new coils, but this is good enough for me.

Good luck in finding that sweet spot. Let us know how it goes :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread