Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjloa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas by way of NYC
Good morning! Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you all have a wonderful day with your loved ones.
su7yda5a.jpg

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
Yah! I really don't know anything about Sigelei Zmax. Just seems like lots of people had them, so they must be pretty good:).

So what made you get one:)?

glassgal, for me it has to be Sigelei's commitment to their customers. Especially Ms. Ivy, she has been nothing but helpful and committed to satisfying our requests. This means the world to me :) Plus the gear they produce is top notch for the price and warranty we're getting them for :)

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
glassgal, for me it has to be Sigelei's commitment to their customers. Especially Ms. Ivy, she has been nothing but helpful and committed to satisfying our requests. This means the world to me :) Plus the gear they produce is top notch for the price and warranty we're getting them for :)

let's hope this holds true this time ;)

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Well I think the full story is that Ms. SJ liked Mr. Sj's Zmax but not it's size (this idea could have been an act of preservation or love). She wanted a mini. Just like me. And a few others. Round 1 was a 3 month discussion and I don't know how long it was in planning before that with the majority of design details. Short story; a labor of love for apx 200 ppl to see it in their mailbox. FINALLY!

Sj signed the design over to Siegeli and they came out with their retail version first. That's kind of important to note because we lost a few members to the retail version (however their extension caps never arrived, he-he-he).

It was Tibs who wanted a "true" mini. A lot of us want a poor man's mini povari (term coined by Todd's Reviews and Pbsuardo in their reviews of the full size zmax). On steroids with vw and solid ss 510/ego connection. Midway through, Siegeli threw us a curve by showing us design #4 that they intended to ship. We took a poll and choose to stick with the original design #1 (designs 2 and 3 came from that discussion).

I love my number 1 and I'd be lost without it. That's why I ordered because I'm not sure I'll ever see this offered again. None of the vv/vw devices I've seen since or on the horizon compare with this. I do wish it would go into standard production and evolve with each new version, but that's not the way Chinese manufacturing works - and maybe that's the fault of the buying public, always looking for something new. Who knows. If I didn't buy this I would buy a provari because I hate disposable mods.

Besides this was my first co-op. The rest of them have been dull in comparison.

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I honestly think someone could start a repair business keeping Siegeli's alive and working. Same thing with Vamo's. They've been improving but they are still more of a weapon than a mod. The big selling point with Provari is that they can be fixed. I get attached to some of my mods, like the mini zmax. I'd pay to have it fixed.

Last edited:

rjeatkrconley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Hell Paso, Texas
If the top caps on the Sigelei were not so freaking hard to get off, they are actually easy to fix, once you get the blasted thing apart. The thread locking compound they use reminds me of plumbers putty. Thick stuff!! I got a round one, 2 weeks later the button became very finicky. It's been sitting in the vape box since. SJ is an awesome host and really goes the distance to make sure all his peeps are happy!! I just don't seem to have good luck with Sigeleis, But I would happily work with SJ in the future....trying to abide by the rules and not discussing things that can not be discussed out here in the open.
SJ, if/when you read this, no need for warranty for me as I have moved on to mechs and dont use VV/VW anything.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Speaking of fixing... I FIXED my 134!!! I'm not sure what I did, but it works now, so I don't care! LOL!

That said, if you check pricing for repairs on most places (I called UBreakWeFix today about the screws I couldn't get out of the mod), they START at $40 minimum. Then, there's a menu of items to repair that are mostly $90-$100. Now that's for fixing cell phones and lap tops, but the labor time wouldn't be a whole lot different, assuming they had the parts. And the guy on the phone told me that they don't even solder or repair wires!! (prompting me to ask what they DO do... apparently they just unscrew things and put in new parts??)

The Zmax is under $100. No one would pay $100 for repairing something that's under $100... now there IS a service that repairs PV's, but I think his charges start at $100 too. Think about it... if the electronics broke, the least it would cost you from China is $20, and that's wholesale right? So, tack on a couple of hours labor, and what's that cost? If you can buy another unit for $50, why would you pay $100 to fix it?

Provari fixes Provari and nothing else. They have stacks of circuit boards and the guys who put them together in the first place doing the fixing. That's a whole different situation there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread