SJ Sigelei Stainless Steel ZMax V2, ZMax Mini Discussion/Support/Therapy Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsconnell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Salem, OR
No, I don't have a spare either but I know what you're talking about. The second sigelei mini coop units came with caps that had letters/numbers laser etched on the bottoms. I believe the cap that doesn't have any letters/numbers probably came from a V3 telescoping unit. I have one of those for my telescoping V3 but my units are the ones with the slanted top caps and vertical lines vs the flat tops with the horizontal lines and they came with dimpled battery caps. Sorry.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I'm wondering if it's off of a newer version or one of the colored ones? I hope someone has spare parts somewhere. I sent an email to sigelei to see if they sell replacements...

I haven't seen EVERYTHING but I haven't seen those extensions sold anywhere but with SJ's chicken coops. It looks like both have the metal buttons, do they both have removeable top caps? If so then my guess is they are both from round 2 chicken coop. The first round had a plastic button and non-removable top cap. Kinda weird that machining would be different.

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Chicken coop? LOL! Luv it.
I wish I had money for more chiken coops. I'd like to try a higher wattage device and a box too! Looks good. (sigh).
Last time I checked there was a full size SJ Zmax in the classies - cheap. So tempting.

No rules for talking about chicken coops and v2 bananas ;)

bamani71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Colorado
I love my Mini but that gap bugs me. It's not so bad with the nautilus, but my Kayfun lite plus clone sits much higher and I'm worried about stability. I've seen people suggest using one of the metal parts off the kayfun, but I'd rather be more secure as in actually screwed to the Mini. I sent an email to a local metal shop to see if they could produce a slightly taller (1mm) truly flat top version for a reasonable price. Fingers crossed!

For now I've just got the top cap unscrewed a bit to meet the kayfun. I'm not sure how much support it's providing but every little bit helps!

bamani71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Colorado
I haven't seen EVERYTHING but I haven't seen those extensions sold anywhere but with SJ's chicken coops. It looks like both have the metal buttons, do they both have removeable top caps? If so then my guess is they are both from round 2 chicken coop. The first round had a plastic button and non-removable top cap. Kinda weird that machining would be different.

I think the battery cap on the second was replaced at some time. Everything else must be from SJ!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I love my Mini but that gap bugs me. It's not so bad with the nautilus, but my Kayfun lite plus clone sits much higher and I'm worried about stability. I've seen people suggest using one of the metal parts off the kayfun, but I'd rather be more secure as in actually screwed to the Mini. I sent an email to a local metal shop to see if they could produce a slightly taller (1mm) truly flat top version for a reasonable price. Fingers crossed!

For now I've just got the top cap unscrewed a bit to meet the kayfun. I'm not sure how much support it's providing but every little bit helps!

Before "You" go through that trouble, time, and expense - Ya' can look through this thread or one of the old Chicken Coop threads - And there "You" will find a number of suggested solutions for this gap that people provided and even some used too . . . If "My" memory serves "Me" correctly - there was a washer or some such piece that could be picked up in a hobby store like Joanne's/Micheal's (NOT THAT OTHER ONE :mad:) which only cost a few cents . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

jumphour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
CT, USA
Kind of an old thread, but I just got a Zmax Mini from (I guess I can't say. LOL), and I'm so excited! I told the person I got it from I kinda expected it to be thin and tinny, like my Mini Lambo (which is like paper thin stainless, but I still like it). This Sigelei is so solid! I have one with the slant top, a metal button (or chromed plastic? Can't tell), and the extension tube and other end cap for the other battery sizes. This thing feels great, and I love the little screen....I really wanted something with a little screen!

My first purchase after quitting smoking using cigalikes was an iTaste 134 Mini, and I got 2 18500 batteries and 2 18350's to go with it, and just never bothered with the 18350's in it, cuz they don't last long. I was really just looking for an excuse to buy something new to put those 18350 batteries in. I'm so happy I got this new toy! And it wasn't expensive, so I have something new and shiny to play with for a while and I won't starve. :) Hmmm....maybe I'll get me a couple huge batteries now that I have something with extensions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread