• Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: No Buying, Selling or Trading outside of the Classifieds

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
I know I saw one in the classies not too long ago and almost "bit" but I had other irons in the fire at that time so I didn't.

Most people who list them will indicate they are the "custom" mini's with the extensions so it is pretty easy to find them if they are there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Sold mine a few months ago on the classies.

If it's not to personal and Ya' don't mind "Me" asking - WHY ? ? ? ?
attachment.php

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Can't discuss the classifieds out side of the classifieds (Verified/non Verified...)

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I saw this post by Ms. Ivy on FB – they're having a closeout sale on the v3. Unfortunately she didn't state wether it's the telescopic version or our version. Check it out;

msivy-v3-closeout.jpg
This is really interesting. It looks like V3 sales are down with the popularity of the V5. Desert Vapes has the lowest US price for V3: $39.95 tube only. They have offered V3 at this price for many moons. DV had no V3 stock for several months and got a new shipment about two weeks ago. They have both flat and round top models. I have never seen a non-telescopic V3 or V5. The non-telescopic model is V2. Varitube still sells those.

aguitarjam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Blue Bell, PA
So I wanted to jump on board here first saying how much I have enjoyed my Zmax! But that was upto a couple of months ago. I have been getting the 'Short' message showing up when I press the fire button. Even when there is nothing on my zmax. I have tried resetting it and letting it sit for a long while without a battery and also tried pressing the fire button rapidly without a battery. I have noticed that sometimes if I don't press the fire button to hard I can get it to work. Anyone out there with any suggestions?

Also just noticed that there may be some moisture under the fire button.

Last edited:

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
So I wanted to jump on board here first saying how much I have enjoyed my Zmax! But that was upto a couple of months ago. I have been getting the 'Short' message showing up when I press the fire button. Even when there is nothing on my zmax. I have tried resetting it and letting it sit for a long while without a battery and also tried pressing the fire button rapidly without a battery. I have noticed that sometimes if I don't press the fire button to hard I can get it to work. Anyone out there with any suggestions?

If there is moisture in it, have you tried putting it in a bag of rice to "soak" up the moisture?

BTW, is it one of the V2 mini units? Or is it from my 2012 offering?

BrianCig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2012
Canada

If there is moisture in it, have you tried putting it in a bag of rice to "soak" up the moisture?

BTW, is it one of the V2 mini units? Or is it from my 2012 offering?

If there is any moisture in it follow the advice of SJ and try the rice trick because taking these suckers apart is no easy task at all!!!

About a month ago my ZMAX started to give me a short also. At first I thought it was my Russian I had on it but after trying several other things it was clear it was the ZMAX. Looking at my emails I think I paid SJ on Jan 4 2013. It was the co-op that went on for months. First they sent samples and the heads fell off :ohmy:.

In the end we got ego threads, brushed SS and a tapered top (18650 size). This thing is built really well as I have dropped it a million times and it never broke. Used it daily at home and just love it till the short problem showed up.

Having no idea why it was shorting out I figured take it apart :shock: . Took me 45 minutes just to get the top off of it. I used vise grips with a towel to prevent scratching it and very slowly wiggled the top off. Took the insides out and couldn't find any problem with it?

Then had to figure out how to get the sucker back together again and that isn't easy. I found using a socket just smaller then the metal tube worked well to push the parts back into the tube from the top and with an extension in where you put the battery.

The short seemed to go away so I don't know what the problem was but it works again :D

Then to make matters worse I had gotten two of the mini ZMAX's with the extension tube payment June 18 2013. Gave one to my idiot brother who lost it in about two weeks :evil:

The other I used almost everyday and just loved it as it wasn't to big and was also built like a tank. Then it just vanished? I think I lost it I could cry it was such a nice device and build so well :(

Maybe I will check the classifieds and see if I can find a used mini in good shape as I really liked it. It could be small or if you needed a bit longer if you added the extension tube for a larger battery. :2cool:

bamani71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Colorado
Hi all!

I bought a Sigelei Zmax Mini from the classifieds about a month ago, and I enjoy it so much that when I saw something similar last week I had to grab it as well! Now my mini has a friend. ^_^

f0daat.jpg

I do have a question - does anyone know where I can grab a replacement battery cap? I'm looking for the short version. The second Mini's battery cap doesn't match the finish nor does it have the letters that the first one does. It also is a little shorter and the edge sharper?

2n8whnd.jpg
Mini 1

24etg7o.jpg
Mini 2

I can't tell if it's actually stainless steel because I can't tell a difference in weight but the shiny one is just odd...

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
Hi all!

I bought a Sigelei Zmax Mini from the classifieds about a month ago, and I enjoy it so much that when I saw something similar last week I had to grab it as well! Now my mini has a friend. ^_^

I do have a question - does anyone know where I can grab a replacement battery cap? I'm looking for the short version. The second Mini's battery cap doesn't match the finish nor does it have the letters that the first one does. It also is a little shorter and the edge sharper?

I can't tell if it's actually stainless steel because I can't tell a difference in weight but the shiny one is just odd...

bamani71,

I was going to say something cute about your ZMax Minis, but thought better not to ;)

I can see from your images, that the battery cap on the left looks different. The reflections don't line up. I wish I could help you out, but I don't have any more of the short "A772" battery caps left. So sorry :(. But if I come across one I'll shoot you a PM for sure :)

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
bamani71,

I was going to say something cute about your ZMax Minis, but thought better not to ;)

I can see from your images, that the battery cap on the left looks different. The reflections don't line up. I wish I could help you out, but I don't have any more of the short "A772" battery caps left. So sorry :(. But if I come across one I'll shoot you a PM for sure :)

I have the shorter caps from SJ is anyone is interested. I never use them. Just PM me.

BTW, there's another SJ chicken coop over in the chicken coop planning section for all you verified members. For you guys who aren't verified, why? You're missing out on all the fun ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread