The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SJ Sigelei Stainless Steel ZMax V2, ZMax Mini Discussion/Support/Therapy Group

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by sanjosse, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. spartanstew

spartanstew ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2013
    Wylie, Texas
    Yep, I always give it to the clerk and get a receipt when I'm mailing any package.

2. MikeE3

MikeE3 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Our local post office let's people just drop off packages that have pre-paid postage in a pile in the corner of the 'room'. I don't trust that - I always have my package(s) scanned at the counter.

3. Proetus

Proetus Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2013
    Western Mass
    100%! Even when dropping off 100 coop packages! Although I pull up out back and unload into one of their wheeled carts. I have my scan sheets that they scan and it accepts them all off one barcode :)

4. yellowsnow
    This message by yellowsnow has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jul 12, 2014, Reason: No Buying, Selling or Trading outside of the Classifieds.
    Jun 24, 2014
  5. Elantis

Elantis ~≈Dragonfly≈~ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2012
    Hoosier Cornhusker
    I know I saw one in the classies not too long ago and almost "bit" but I had other irons in the fire at that time so I didn't.

Most people who list them will indicate they are the "custom" mini's with the extensions so it is pretty easy to find them if they are there.

6. Covert24

Covert24 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 4, 2013
    Greensboro, NC
    Sold mine a few months ago on the classies.

7. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

If it's not to personal and Ya' don't mind "Me" asking - WHY ? ? ? ? [​IMG]

8. sanjosse

sanjosse Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 23, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    I saw this post by Ms. Ivy on FB – they're having a closeout sale on the v3. Unfortunately she didn't state wether it's the telescopic version or our version. Check it out;

[​IMG]

9. Elantis
    This message by Elantis has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jul 12, 2014, Reason: Can't discuss the classifieds out side of the classifieds (Verified/non Verified...).
    Jun 24, 2014
  10. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    This is really interesting. It looks like V3 sales are down with the popularity of the V5. Desert Vapes has the lowest US price for V3: $39.95 tube only. They have offered V3 at this price for many moons. DV had no V3 stock for several months and got a new shipment about two weeks ago. They have both flat and round top models. I have never seen a non-telescopic V3 or V5. The non-telescopic model is V2. Varitube still sells those.

11. Covert24

Covert24 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 4, 2013
    Greensboro, NC
    Wanted to get into mechs and had went back to the Stinkys for a while so figured I'd fund the new purchase with the money I got from my old stuff. Still worked great :)

12. Uncle

TO EVERYONE HERE . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JUST REMEMBER - No matter what "You" are planning to do . . .

HAVE FUN, CELEBRATE, and STAY SAFE . . .

13. aguitarjam

aguitarjam Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Blue Bell, PA
    So I wanted to jump on board here first saying how much I have enjoyed my Zmax! But that was upto a couple of months ago. I have been getting the 'Short' message showing up when I press the fire button. Even when there is nothing on my zmax. I have tried resetting it and letting it sit for a long while without a battery and also tried pressing the fire button rapidly without a battery. I have noticed that sometimes if I don't press the fire button to hard I can get it to work. Anyone out there with any suggestions?

Also just noticed that there may be some moisture under the fire button.

14. sanjosse

Supporting member
    Mar 23, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    If there is moisture in it, have you tried putting it in a bag of rice to "soak" up the moisture?

BTW, is it one of the V2 mini units? Or is it from my 2012 offering?

15. BrianCig

BrianCig Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2012
    Canada
    If there is any moisture in it follow the advice of SJ and try the rice trick because taking these suckers apart is no easy task at all!!!

About a month ago my ZMAX started to give me a short also. At first I thought it was my Russian I had on it but after trying several other things it was clear it was the ZMAX. Looking at my emails I think I paid SJ on Jan 4 2013. It was the co-op that went on for months. First they sent samples and the heads fell off :ohmy:.

In the end we got ego threads, brushed SS and a tapered top (18650 size). This thing is built really well as I have dropped it a million times and it never broke. Used it daily at home and just love it till the short problem showed up.

Having no idea why it was shorting out I figured take it apart :shock: . Took me 45 minutes just to get the top off of it. I used vise grips with a towel to prevent scratching it and very slowly wiggled the top off. Took the insides out and couldn't find any problem with it?

Then had to figure out how to get the sucker back together again and that isn't easy. I found using a socket just smaller then the metal tube worked well to push the parts back into the tube from the top and with an extension in where you put the battery.

The short seemed to go away so I don't know what the problem was but it works again :D

Then to make matters worse I had gotten two of the mini ZMAX's with the extension tube payment June 18 2013. Gave one to my idiot brother who lost it in about two weeks :evil:

The other I used almost everyday and just loved it as it wasn't to big and was also built like a tank. Then it just vanished? I think I lost it I could cry it was such a nice device and build so well :(

Maybe I will check the classifieds and see if I can find a used mini in good shape as I really liked it. It could be small or if you needed a bit longer if you added the extension tube for a larger battery. :2cool:

16. sanjosse

Supporting member
    Mar 23, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    BrianCig,

Wow, I'm so sorry about your luck, if you're looking for a replacement, go check out the that place we can't talk about out here... wink, wink, and no I don't have anything in my eye ;)

17. Uncle

. . . . :mail: . . . .

18. bamani71

bamani71 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2012
    Colorado
    Hi all!

I bought a Sigelei Zmax Mini from the classifieds about a month ago, and I enjoy it so much that when I saw something similar last week I had to grab it as well! Now my mini has a friend. ^_^

[​IMG]

I do have a question - does anyone know where I can grab a replacement battery cap? I'm looking for the short version. The second Mini's battery cap doesn't match the finish nor does it have the letters that the first one does. It also is a little shorter and the edge sharper?

[​IMG] Mini 1

[​IMG] Mini 2

I can't tell if it's actually stainless steel because I can't tell a difference in weight but the shiny one is just odd...

19. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    My SJ mini from the first (unmentionable) doesn't have anything written on the end cap but the second one is like your mini number 1. For whatever that's worth.

20. bamani71

bamani71 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2012
    Colorado
    I'm wondering if it's off of a newer version or one of the colored ones? I hope someone has spare parts somewhere. I sent an email to Sigelei to see if they sell replacements...

21. sanjosse

Supporting member
    Mar 23, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    bamani71,

I was going to say something cute about your ZMax Minis, but thought better not to ;)

I can see from your images, that the battery cap on the left looks different. The reflections don't line up. I wish I could help you out, but I don't have any more of the short "A772" battery caps left. So sorry :(. But if I come across one I'll shoot you a PM for sure :)

22. carrielsal

carrielsal Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2013
    Central Texas
    I have the shorter caps from SJ is anyone is interested. I never use them. Just PM me.

BTW, there's another SJ chicken coop over in the chicken coop planning section for all you verified members. For you guys who aren't verified, why? You're missing out on all the fun ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.