Slight problem with carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_maiden_fair

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
SD , USA
:oops: I have been using the same 2 carts all week since receiving my riva 510. I am learning the ins and outs, but I seem to be melting/burning the flat sides of my carts. I try my best to place them correctly on the bridge, but I notice I can still twist the cart completely around when placed on the atty. I don't know if it should do this. Am I always putting it on wrong? Should it seat correctly and not turn? I would like to keep my carts as long as possible, and don't want to be vaping plastic (eww!!) What the heck am I doing wrong? Maybe I am over vaping, and over heating the atty, which is quite possible being new to this, and completely quitting analogs, with no natural stopping point, I do tend to over vape. :vapor:

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
are you making a t with the bottom of the atty to the bridge (aligning the flat part of the cart to the white box you see inside the atty)? if they are really loose, you can get them to fit better by trying to take a nail and heating it up with a flame. them make a bump on the inside of the cart with the nail, so that it will produce a tighter fit

the_maiden_fair

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
SD , USA
Do you mean, I should align it so it is crosswise on the atty bridge? I thought I needed to align the flat sides of the cart to the flat sides of the bridge in the atty. I will try the hot nail method after I find a lighter (haven't had to use one since last Sunday, so they may be kind of scarce!). Are the carts supposed to twist, or should they normally be tighter? Thanks for your help!

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
just look for the white rectangle you see inside the atty and make sure that matches up with the bottom rectangle of your atty. that's the best way to explain it :)

What tybin said....he put it better than I did.

I gave up carts long ago along with atty's. Have you ever consider using cartomizers? Fill and go. Topping off is less frequent versus a cartridge.

the_maiden_fair

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
SD , USA
Great ideas! Thank you all! I am just starting, so I will keep it simple for now on my pv, one model, etc. But when I am ready, I will look for cartomizers for my current model, or just try a new one. I was kind of scared of the 2 piece systems, figured I would flood it, or break it in some way. I can be quite hard on my stuff! My second (same) pv is on it's way, so I will be able to rotate, and hopefully, by that point, I can tame down my free will freedom of vaping so as not to overheat it! Used it at the bar tonight (with the owner's permission), and just felt so free and happy! You should have seen the looks I got, some of envy from the smokers filing by to go outside, and some of curiosity from the non-smokers. Just pure heaven!!

dattmavis19

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Clemson, SC
www.facebook.com
I don't think its supposed to twist. I use a 510 also, though it isn't a riva, and my atty bridge is kindof rectangular when you look at it, (!!) <--kinda like that, i just line up the flat sides of the cart to the long sides of the atty bridge. Im scared it would break the atty if i tried to turn it or didn't put it on straight, pretty sure it would hit it.

Sorry if that was a kinda confusing explanation, i couldn't think of a better way to say it..

the_maiden_fair

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
SD , USA
Yes, I understand. You'd think anyone would be smart enough to figure out how to properly assemble these little things! I may have assembled them wrong in one of my frenzies to get a couple more drops in and a vape or two in by the end of my breaks! I will just have to be more careful for now. I also have some new carts on order, maybe the ones that came with my kit were cheap and don't fit as well as they should.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
maiden...cartomizers are not easily destroyed as you might think. Cleaning is a little difficult but once you get the hang of it, it's really easy. Check youtube for videos on it. I can kill an atomizer quicker than a cartomizer. I love the convience of the 2 pieces instead of three. When you make another purchase, consider one box of Boge brand standard resistance. You can use the LR's but they are harder on your batteries and can cause premature death. Standard resistance is safer. They run about $7-8 for a box of 5. I love cartomizers because I can fill 6-7 of them the night before and be set all day. I keep refilling them each night until the draw gets hard on them which indicates they need cleaned. They are disposable unless you don't mind the hour it takes to clean them. You may also want to buy an ultra sonic jewelry cleaner. Walmart and other stores sell them. Click here for what I'm talking about. They are great to clean atomizers and cartomizers.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Are there cartomizers for the riva 510? I am sure I would need an adapter, but if I can use what I have, I would have no problem ordering a few and giving them a go!

Yes they will fit. Just make sure that they say 510. I haven't encountered a vendor that doesn't state what the thread type is.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
The boge cartos will fit the riva fine. They are the same size as the 510 attys.
If you are interested in a bigger carto; they have ego mega cartos that will fit. They hold more juice (2ml) but can be a real pain to fill.
If you'd like to try a few of the different types I can send you some. Just send me a PM with your addy. I'll check my mailbox in the morning.
Night!

Sent from my pod

dattmavis19

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Clemson, SC
www.facebook.com
maybe the ones that came with my kit were cheap and don't fit as well as they should.

I definitely had that problem, the three carts that came with my 510 (bought at gas station) deformed beyond use just from putting the caps on them. Very glad i thought to order more when i ordered my first bottle of juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread