Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Looking for some suggestions on smaller 21700 mods (510 only, no AIO or Pod systems)

I already have

- EHPro Cold Steel 100
    - vaporesso Armour Pro
    - eleaf Pico 21700
    - GV Aegis Max (biggest I'm willing to go but prefer smaller like the ones above)

TC doesn't matter. Don't need it.

Edited to add: Mainstream only, around or under the $50 price range.

Last edited:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Looking for some suggestions on smaller 21700 mods.

I already have

- EHPro Cold Steel 100
    - Vaporesso Armour Pro
    - Eleaf Pico 21700
    - GV Aegis Max (biggest I'm willing to go but prefer smaller like the ones above)

TC doesn't matter. Don't need it.
    Squid Detonator
    Lost Vape Grus
    Freemax Maxus 100

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

pt91

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    Following.
    I have a few more inbound since I am a big 21700 fan now. Have a ton of 18650 mods and batteries but they will probably only be used if all of my 21700 boxes die or if the house burns down.
    GV Aegis Max - have it but unopened. Primarily will be my fly fishing mod. Hope to test it out soon.
    Dovpos - This one started it. I have two dna 75c and one generic. No nonsense. I picked up the double wide for home but again, not opened.
    Paramour - inbound. We will see.
    VOOPOO Drag X Plus - inbound.
    Grus - considering.
    Dovpo Abyss - regret not being faster on the order. I like short set-ups even though SBS are generally wider.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Augvape foxy one, smaller, lighter than the cs120. Fire button is nice but a tad stiff. Like the battery c frame.
    Dovpo odin 100, prefer it over the dna 75c, little heavier and also wider than the cs120 but comfy hand feel. CS120s and odin 100 are the only ones I use that always stay in use. Have to mention the squid db3 is very comfortable in hand as well, small and spare for a dual 18650. Detonator is very nice and sleek but taller; best feature imo is the fire lock switch. Have 3 one is solid another drains my battery even when turned off. The 3rd is in the stash with the others, just tested for a few hits.

• Useful
    Reactions: Pigs and pt91

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Not good. Does it have a Yihi chip or something?
    I don't know what chip squid uses but quality is hit or miss in my experience and from what I've read. They are so so about repair service I've read. Didn't contact them about the bad one. Didn't want to pay shipping to be told they couldn't fix it.

• Informative
    Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    I don't know what chip squid uses but quality is hit or miss in my experience and from what I've read. They are so so about repair service I've read. Didn't contact them about the bad one. Didn't want to pay shipping to be told they couldn't fix it.
    I have a detonator, a double barrel 2.1, a double barrel 3, and a tac 21. No issues with any of them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Few of us have had issues with the detonator and earlier dbs. I have 3 v3s no issues. Kind of remind of smok in that quality control doesn't seem to be a priority. Saw quite a few had to send in the tacs for repairs as well. I enjoy the products but 1 of only 6 not working isn't good qc imo.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Sounds like yours suffers from a high rate of quiescent current. High rates of quiescent current drain is no laughing matter. Have a Yihi mod with that problem and vented the battery 2 times. I still use it, but I have to remember to take the battery out if I know I won't use it for 2 days or longer. Scary.

• Informative
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Sounds like yours suffers from a high rate of quiescent current. High rates of quiescent current drain is no laughing matter. Have a Yihi mod with that problem and vented the battery 2 times. I still use it, but I have to remember to take the battery out if I know I won't use it for 2 days or longer. Scary.
    I won't use it. Only kept it incase I come across someone who can replace the chip locally.

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
    Mar 20, 2021
    Following.
    I have a few more inbound since I am a big 21700 fan now. Have a ton of 18650 mods and batteries but they will probably only be used if all of my 21700 boxes die or if the house burns down.
    GV Aegis Max - have it but unopened. Primarily will be my fly fishing mod. Hope to test it out soon.
    Dovpos - This one started it. I have two dna 75c and one generic. No nonsense. I picked up the double wide for home but again, not opened.
    Paramour - inbound. We will see.
    VOOPOO Drag X Plus - inbound.
    Grus - considering.
    Dovpo Abyss - regret not being faster on the order. I like short set-ups even though SBS are generally wider.

Paramour on the way here too, wanted to see the XRP tank too and have a healthy pnp system here, shown up yet? I hated to have to order from China, the damn wait... Damn sure regret not grabbing an Abyss but why adopt that early, mightve been bad flaws, and really ik not an aio bb style guy, I've got one but it's not me, so for just the sbs I'm still thinking the paramour is better, tiny tiny too

Op said no aio but the lost vape ursa has a rock solid 510 in the box, so it's a grus with some options for down the road. Also the oxva velocity, same deal, rock solid 510 adapter, so solid they have to give you a tool to pry it off, both have 2 rba systems, the velocity has a true mtl setup rba, none included but. I got both, lost vape big, the velocity is the smallest 21700 I have, bottom door but it's not as bad as I've had, look good

Reactions: pt91

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
    Mar 20, 2021
    Why do I know these? It all started with the builtin mod I was searching for my buddy and now Im stuck and cant stop looking for more.:lol:

Be well.

Dang, right... I imagine I'll feel better when I get behind on all the new .... again, like I should be for an old guy. I hope it's not as bad but we might not have nearly as much new stuff coming out over here in a year, makes me wonder is the 'western' ecig market at all substantial in the world market?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Worth pointing out drag x plus is max 4v, no boost. Didn't bother me, does the more I see it, that's what a gene 2.0 chip is, a nickel and diming? Ffs

Haha, you beet me to it. That's a problem for some. Pist off a lot of people. A lot of voopoo mods are like that, only buck, no boost.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread