The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Small Single 21700 Regulated 510 Mods

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by UncleJunkle, Mar 18, 2021.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Looking for some suggestions on smaller 21700 mods (510 only, no AIO or Pod systems)

I already have

- EHPro Cold Steel 100
    - Vaporesso Armour Pro
    - Eleaf Pico 21700
    - GV Aegis Max (biggest I'm willing to go but prefer smaller like the ones above)

TC doesn't matter. Don't need it.

Edited to add: Mainstream only, around or under the $50 price range.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Squid Detonator
    Lost Vape Grus
    Freemax Maxus 100

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. pt91

pt91 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2009
    AR
    Following.
    I have a few more inbound since I am a big 21700 fan now. Have a ton of 18650 mods and batteries but they will probably only be used if all of my 21700 boxes die or if the house burns down.
    GV Aegis Max - have it but unopened. Primarily will be my fly fishing mod. Hope to test it out soon.
    Dovpos - This one started it. I have two dna 75c and one generic. No nonsense. I picked up the double wide for home but again, not opened.
    Paramour - inbound. We will see.
    VOOPOO Drag X Plus - inbound.
    Grus - considering.
    Dovpo Abyss - regret not being faster on the order. I like short set-ups even though SBS are generally wider.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Augvape foxy one, smaller, lighter than the cs120. Fire button is nice but a tad stiff. Like the battery c frame.
    Dovpo odin 100, prefer it over the dna 75c, little heavier and also wider than the cs120 but comfy hand feel. CS120s and odin 100 are the only ones I use that always stay in use. Have to mention the squid db3 is very comfortable in hand as well, small and spare for a dual 18650. Detonator is very nice and sleek but taller; best feature imo is the fire lock switch. Have 3 one is solid another drains my battery even when turned off. The 3rd is in the stash with the others, just tested for a few hits.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Not good. Does it have a Yihi chip or something?

7. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I don't know what chip squid uses but quality is hit or miss in my experience and from what I've read. They are so so about repair service I've read. Didn't contact them about the bad one. Didn't want to pay shipping to be told they couldn't fix it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    I have a detonator, a double barrel 2.1, a double barrel 3, and a tac 21. No issues with any of them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Few of us have had issues with the detonator and earlier dbs. I have 3 v3s no issues. Kind of remind of smok in that quality control doesn't seem to be a priority. Saw quite a few had to send in the tacs for repairs as well. I enjoy the products but 1 of only 6 not working isn't good qc imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Sounds like yours suffers from a high rate of quiescent current. High rates of quiescent current drain is no laughing matter. Have a Yihi mod with that problem and vented the battery 2 times. I still use it, but I have to remember to take the battery out if I know I won't use it for 2 days or longer. Scary.

12. Pigs

Pigs Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I won't use it. Only kept it incase I come across someone who can replace the chip locally.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ericsgreen

Ericsgreen Senior Member

Mar 20, 2021
    Paramour on the way here too, wanted to see the XRP tank too and have a healthy pnp system here, shown up yet? I hated to have to order from China, the damn wait... Damn sure regret not grabbing an Abyss but why adopt that early, mightve been bad flaws, and really ik not an aio bb style guy, I've got one but it's not me, so for just the sbs I'm still thinking the paramour is better, tiny tiny too

Op said no aio but the lost vape ursa has a rock solid 510 in the box, so it's a grus with some options for down the road. Also the oxva velocity, same deal, rock solid 510 adapter, so solid they have to give you a tool to pry it off, both have 2 rba systems, the velocity has a true mtl setup rba, none included but. I got both, lost vape big, the velocity is the smallest 21700 I have, bottom door but it's not as bad as I've had, look good

• Like Like x 1
  15. PodVaper

PodVaper Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2019
    Asia-Pacific
    Maybe the Uwell Whirl2 and the upcoming Hellvape Arez (not so mainstream tho), oh and the iJoy Captain link is coming too.

Why do I know these? It all started with the builtin mod I was searching for my buddy and now Im stuck and cant stop looking for more.:lol:

Be well.

16. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Welcome to the rabbit hole :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ericsgreen

Ericsgreen Senior Member

Mar 20, 2021
    Dang, right... I imagine I'll feel better when I get behind on all the new .... again, like I should be for an old guy. I hope it's not as bad but we might not have nearly as much new stuff coming out over here in a year, makes me wonder is the 'western' ecig market at all substantial in the world market?

18. bsidb

bsidb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
  19. Ericsgreen

Ericsgreen Senior Member

Mar 20, 2021
    Worth pointing out drag x plus is max 4v, no boost. Didn't bother me, does the more I see it, that's what a gene 2.0 chip is, a nickel and diming? Ffs

20. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Haha, you beet me to it. That's a problem for some. Pist off a lot of people. A lot of voopoo mods are like that, only buck, no boost.

• Agree Agree x 1