Smallest mod for 22 mm atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
I’ve been vaping for a few years, and only now I learned that there’s such a thing as tube mods. Those are quite a bit smaller than my eLeaf Pico, so that led me on a search for ultra-compact mods. Does anyone know which is the smallest electronic mod for 22mm vaporizers (I’m not into mechanical mods, I only vape with TC enabled)? In another thread about small mods, there was mention of the vaporesso Target line. Would these be the smallest with removable 18650s, more or less (Though i don’t care if the mod has an integrated battery or not)? And are they good, especially with TC (I think the current model on fasttech is the Target 100)?
Suggestions are welcome, especially for lower priced models ;)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I don't believe the Vaporesso Target 100 has TC. It also may not have step-up (no buck/boost, only buck). Newer mods today, even if the same size or smaller than the Pico 75W, have no TC and many have no step-up.

As far as tube mods: in my opinion, an 18650 tube mod isn't really "smaller" than, say, a pico 75W mod because while it's obviously slimmer, it's also a lot taller. To me, that makes it "bigger" and also awkward in the pocket as well as on the desk (top heavy).

I don't think you can get much smaller than a Pico 75W in a TC. There are a couple mods I know of that you can still find that are smaller than the Pico 75W, but they don't have TC: Eleaf Istick 10W, 20W, 30W, 40W and the new Istick 2 (no step-up or TC on this one).

The smallest mods I know of with TC are...

- Vaporesso Swag (about the same size as Pico 75W but feels smaller, not easy to find at a decent price)
    - Vaporesso Swag II (really light because everything that can be plastic is plastic)
    - Think Vape Craton DNA 100C 100W (21700)
    - EHPro Cold Steel 100 (but VERY heavy) (21700) (kind of like a tube mod with the electronics on the side instead of on the top, making it short)
    - Eleaf Pico 25 (just barely bigger than the Pico 75W but good luck finding it)
    - Vaporesso Armour Pro (good luck finding it)
    - Eleaf Invoke (dual 18650 mod, but tiny as hell - no step-up - good luck finding it)
    - Eleaf Pico Plus 75W TC (I don't believe it has step-up and cannot be flashed with Arctic Fox)
    - Eleaf iStick T80 3000mAh TC
    - Ambition Mods Converter
    - Cthulhu Hastur 88W
    - Vapor Storm Puma Baby
    - Geekvape Aegis Solo
    - Geekvape S100 (aka Aegis Solo 2)
    - Asmodus Colossal

There are probably others, but these are the ones I know of.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    You want a decent high quality TC mod that is small?

Look at the Dovpo College DNA 60 SBS. Those can be found for $100 or less (depending on who is running a sale).

They are very high quality mods... I own 3.

As for TC... you will be hard pressed to find a better chipset than a DNA in the $100 USD price range.

Evolv DNA chips are widely recognized as The Gold Standard for temp control.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland
    Small?

I don't know of a decent quality mod smaller than the ANTIpodE.

It measures 24mm x 41mm x 51mm. Uses either a DNA 60 or BF60 chipset.

Oh... but wait... it's an 18350 mod. Still, it certainly is very small.
    I could live with a 18350, but these wonderful, made-to-order mods surely cost a fortune…but thanks for the link ;)

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I can very highly recommend the Ultroner Alieno for a nice small mod for 22mm atomizers. I've always used mine with my Brunhilde MTL RTA's, they're 23mm.
    It's an extremely comfortable mod to use, single 18650 and Fasttech has the DNA 60 version for only $117 and it's a beautiful stabwood too:thumb:
    $116.95 ULTRONER Alieno 60W TC VW APV Box - authentic / 1-60W / 1*18650 / stabilized wood + stainless steel / DNA60 chipset at FastTech - Free Shipping

Here's a little pic of mine(and I have small hands:?:) 20210109_181055.jpg

Last edited:

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland
    You want a decent high quality TC mod that is small?

Look at the Dovpo College DNA 60 SBS. Those can be found for $100 or less (depending on who is running a sale).

They are very high quality mods... I own 3.

As for TC... you will be hard pressed to find a better chipset than a DNA in the $100 USD price range.

Evolv DNA chips are widely recognized as The Gold Standard for temp control.

i once had a mod with the DNA 75, sold it because it was a squonk box, and I didn’t like dripping or squonking. While it is true that it’s TC was a tad smoother, my Eleaf Pico with Arctic Fox firmware comes very close, in everything. Arctic Fox rules, and I haven’t even updated it since 2017. It’s possibly even better now…

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Some of the smaller Chinese mass produced mods that technically have temperature control don't actually have a functional temperature control imo. Like for example one of the most popular chipsets for a while there was the one that went in the vaporesso gen and swag 2 And at the time when that was really popular I was using a lot of temperature control mostly with DNA mods which have some of the most accurate temperature control available. I would argue that the swag 2 doesn't actually have temperature control. Or at least the mod that I have didn't seem to have functional temperature control It would register like it was working but the vape was far from what I was expecting. It's fine on wattage though but I feel like vaping it at the highest temperature of vaping at the lowest temperature is the same The only variation is what wattage it was on while in temperature control.

Most reviewers aren't really testing temperature control even in the mods that do have it but I would still want to do my best to try to find a review where they're using temperature control before purchasing a mod that claims to have it. A lot of the mass produced ones don't really have even close to accurate TC. Ideally you would want to get something with a DNA but I think that's above your price range unless you find something used

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: TrollDragon

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
    Mar 20, 2021
    Second for the dovpo college, the mechlyfe paramour is very small too and takes a 21700, somehow... It's like physics defying, but a DNA 60 for 100 is surely a safe bet, long as you like the fire button placement, those low buttons are kinda weird for me, but dovpo and BP is just killing it past little while

Iirc there's something weird about the ambition convertor, like it goes into sleep mode, or has to be unlocked to fire. I almost got one bought and something stopped me, I love an 18350 /650 plus a tube and a sbs... I'm tempted to go get one and see

The ehpro 101 is a tiny 22mm tube mod, it works fine but never tried tc on it

• Useful
    • Informative
    Reactions: Pigs and Izan

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Suggestions are welcome, especially for lower priced models

The Eleaf 40W iStick is still available online, and it does have TC. Since you're looking for a lower priced model, that's small, has TC, and fits a 22mm atomizer...you may want to check it out, especially since you also said, "i don’t care if the mod has an integrated battery or not".

Quite a few ECF members have posted about theirs during the last 5-6 years while "stocking up" has been going on. They've talked about how much they like them and about their longevity. More than a few have reported using theirs for more than 4 years. In their words, "it seems they just don't want to die".

Last edited:
    Reactions: Oregon Linda

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland
    The Eleaf 40W iStick is still available online, and it does have TC. Since you're looking for a lower priced model, that's small, has TC, and fits a 22mm atomizer...you may want to check it out, especially since you also said, "i don’t care if the mod has an integrated battery or not".

Quite a few ECF members have posted about theirs during the last 5-6 years while "stocking up" has been going on. They've talked about how much they like them and about their longevity. More than a few have reported using theirs for more than 4 years. In their words, "it seems they just don't want to die".

Thank you, I’m happy with my Eleaf Pico, quality wise. For an inexpensive mass produced mod it’s well put together and uses nice materials. If the IStick is similarly well made, i might get one.
    I usually vape at 30-35 Watts, so 40 is plenty enough, but I wonder if it
    is a problem to use a device like this constantly near its maximum output?

Reactions: JCinFLA

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thank you, I’m happy with my Eleaf Pico, quality wise. For an inexpensive mass produced mod it’s well put together and uses nice materials. If the IStick is similarly well made, i might get one.
    I usually vape at 30-35 Watts, so 40 is plenty enough, but I wonder if it
    is a problem to use a device like this constantly near its maximum output?

The Istick 40W TC doesn't take Arctic Fox firmware and being one of the first mass-market Chinese TC mods on the market, you may not find it suitable for TC being that you seem to really prefer AF TC.

Pico 75W - 45mm D x 23mm W x 71mm H (at battery cap) - 134 grams (with battery)

Istick 40W - 34mm D x 22mm W x 77.5mm H - 103 grams

Sounds like you're better off buying another Pico 75W. Just make sure if you do buy one that it's not the "updated" version because they put a USB-C on it instead of Micro USB and you can't install AF on it anymore because of that, even though it has the same chipset and all. So you would have to find old stock.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    Two small mods i use regularly are the Eleaf Aster (probably the most ergonomic and comfortable thumb fire mod ever made) and the Jac Vapour DNA 75w. They aren't short but, by volume, are tiny.
    Every now and then you will see an Aster for sale in the bargain bins and the Jac Vapour is readily available on their site. Both are modelled like tube mods with the working bits stuck on the side.

Reactions: Izan

schismz

ECF Veteran
    Aug 2, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    I tend to use disposable junk like Vuse and JUUL pretty often when in motion, because it's convenient.

Smallest 22mm mod I use is Dicodes Extreme v3s in 18350 mode, but you kinda already shot down Dicodes, and it's the same price as the 18650 tubes (and can be adjusted in size with different caps to be medium or long, and hold bigger batteries).

Dicodes 18350, in 18650 mode: #6429

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland
    Which model is this? I don’t like the design very much, at least from this angle and in this color. However I own this one from Teslacigs (WYE 85):

549D646A-2040-4D64-9FDF-AB65F5A23E35.png

I’ve got another one in bright green, and they’re quite good, including the TC. There aren’t many settings and features, but it’s very easy to set up and works well. Arctic Fox wasn’t running on it last time I checked, and if it did now, I might not even bother.

A Shame this Mod isn't made anymore.

teslacigs-t40w-box-kit-powered-by-2000mah.jpg

Because it is an Extremely Cool Small Mod.

But If you can Find one, Buy It.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland
    Smallest 22mm mod I use is Dicodes Extreme v3s in 18350 mode, but you kinda already shot down Dicodes, and it's the same price as the 18650 tubes
    What 18650 tubes do you mean?

It’s a good thing I’ve started this thread, if only because because I’ve learned about the existence of the 18350 cell. I was completely unaware that these exist :)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I usually vape at 30-35 Watts

Then an 18350 mod is out of the question for you. You won't find an 18350 battery that has an actual CDR of anything higher than 9A. Sure, you can find them "rated" at 15A maybe, but they'd be lying. So at 9A CDR, that means you can't safely vape it above 23W, but I say keep at 20W and lower to keep the sag down. Keeppower or Epoch 18350s (same cell inside) are the best available in the USA imho, but not safe at 30-35 watt vaping.

I love the Epoch 18350, but only use it when I tootle puff at 10W or less.

Last edited:
    • Useful
    Reactions: Izan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread