Smallest mod for 22 mm atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
Just make sure if you do buy one that it's not the "updated" version because they put a USB-C on it instead of Micro USB and you can't install AF on it anymore because of that,

So the USB-C version doesn’t connect to the computer? Is that a ‘universal’ problem, or does it work in certain configurations (different cabke, different computer)?

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
Oh…good to know…I just checked, with the Ni coil I’m using right now (0.07 Ohm), 30 Watts corresponds to about 21 Amps, so 9 is nowhere near enough. It seems even my 18650 is struggling with that, sometimes the mod reduces the power setting to 26.5 Watts on its own. I don’t exactly know why, and why 26.5, but I suspect my battery is getting old and somehow the software determined that it can still do it up to 26.5…

Then an 18350 mod is out of the question for you. You won't find an 18350 battery that has an actual CDR of anything higher than 9A. Sure, you can find them "rated" at 15A maybe, but they'd be lying. So at 9A CDR, that means you can't safely vape it above 23W, but I say keep at 20W and lower to keep the sag down. Keeppower or Epoch 18350s (same cell inside) are the best, but not safe at 30-35 watt vaping.

I love the Epoch 18350, but only use it when I tootle puff at 10W or less.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    So the USB-C version doesn’t connect to the computer? Is that a ‘universal’ problem, or does it work in certain configurations (different cabke, different computer)?

It's not firmware updatable at all, not even with Eleaf's own firmware. See last image at bottom of this page.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It seems even my 18650 is struggling with that, sometimes the mod reduces the power setting to 26.5 Watts on its own. I don’t exactly know why, and why 26.5, but I suspect my battery is getting old and somehow the software determined that it can still do it up to 26.5…

Yes, assuming your 18650 is high enough amps for vaping at 30W safely, your battery is getting old and due to high internal resistance it has a lot of voltage sag.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Found it…why would they do something like that? Is a non-upgradable board cheaper?

Personally, I think it has to do with making things simple. Fact is, 99% of these chinese mods that are/were firmware updatable, the firmware updatability was just a gimmick. If they even had an update, it was for something silly because should have been added in the original firmware, like a puff counter. It was always just a marketing gimmick. "Hey look, we updated the firmware, you schmucks!" lol I think I had one joyetech mod that had a firmware update that actually fixed a problem. If it weren't for 3rd party firmware like AF, no one would really miss firmware updatable mods from China.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Which model is this? I don’t like the design very much, at least from this angle and in this color. However I own this one from Teslacigs (WYE 85):

I’ve got another one in bright green, and they’re quite good, including the TC. There aren’t many settings and features, but it’s very easy to set up and works well. Arctic Fox wasn’t running on it last time I checked, and if it did now, I might not even bother.
    Per the Arctic Fox manual your Teslacigs WYE 85's are not supported.

Take a look at the manual, it is updated versus the AF homepage, and it has the full list of compatible AF mods.

Your best bet would be to try and find OG Pico 75's with the Micro USB.

To my knowledge, you won't find any mods smaller than the Pico 75's that can take an 18650 AND are AF compatible.

Most of the AF compatible mods used the Nuvoton chipset. Five use the STM32 chipset. See the linked manual.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @KurtVD - You can possibly order more of the original Pico 75W mods, from Health Cabin, in a couple days. On the page linked below it shows they're on Pre-order, and for Estimated Arrival Date it shows: No ETA. However, on the search results page, showing all versions of the Pico mods and kits...in the upper lefthand corner of the picture of the 1 linked to below...it shows ETA: Apr. 8th. So if you're interested in more, you might want to check now and then to see when they've gotten them.

Eleaf IStick Pico 75w Mod

From the info given, it seems like they must come with a Micro USB cable, because it doesn't mention the USB Type C cable like websites' info does for the newer Pico versions.

In case you haven't ordered from Health Cabin before: They do ship to Switzerland, and when you sign up for an account you can get 10% off your first order. They also have an additional coupon codes "section" that often has codes good for more than 10% off. You can't use more than 1 code, but will still get some discounted %. Based on my experiences ordering from them...their delivery time is about the same as from other vendors in China, and I've never had any problems getting exactly what I've ordered from them. They've also protected what they shipped very well when packaging it.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @KurtVD

DO NOT buy the Pico's from HealthCabin unless you CONFIRM with HC that they are old stock Micro USB Pico's!!! Eleaf is no longer manufacturing Pico's with a Micro USB connection.

What HC has pictured are the newer production USB-C Pico 75's.

from the Eleaf website...
    Screen shot 2022-04-07 at 6.30.21 AM.png

"Now Eleaf iStick Pico 75W devices with Type-C are the newest version.

New version does not support connecting with PC.

And we do not guarantee the availability and compatibility with any third-party software."

New Production Pico 75W Mods - Beware

"Eleaf is making a new and "upgraded" version of the original Pico 75W but with USB-C instead of Micro USB and also made changes on the PCB/MCU/FIrmware. The body and screen are exactly the same but has USB-C instead and new internals and firmware. It is claimed by some users and by a vendor I came across that these newer production Pico 75W mods are not Arctic Fox compatible like the original units with Micro USB ports.

So if you are in the market for a Pico 75W and want to run AF on it, make sure you are buying the older ones with Micro USB. These are becoming more scarce than ever as Eleaf is no longer producing them since they have "upgraded" it (meaning, they downgraded it).

To be clear, I am not referring to the Pico 2 or Pico Plus or any other new Pico models. I'm referring to the original Pico 75W but with USB-C port instead of Micro USB."

IMO, Eleaf learned how popular the Arctic Fox software was with their mods and purposely killed off the ability to perform upgrades.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @KurtVD - If you check with HC and find out the 75W Pico I posted about above doesn't actually use a Micro USB...you might want to check out the Pico X 75W TC Mod below. They're supposed to have it back in stock on April 22. It definitely shows and states that it uses the Micro USB cable.

Eleaf IStick Pico X Mod

Last edited:

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland
    Thx! :)

I will have to check once I’m back home (I’m on vacation), but I’m pretty sure that I still have one somewhere in the back of a large drawer, new and unopened, and in black if I remember correctly. I think I needed to add an item to a shopping cart a couple of years ago (because it was ‘cheaper’ to order for a certain amount and get free shipping, rather than pay the shipping costs), and the Pico 75 was on sale. So that makes two original Pico 75 and two Teslacigs (which doesn’t support AF, but TC with its own firmware works well). Having said that, I don’t need Arctic Fox at any price, maybe the eleaf firmware works well enough? As it happens, I switched to AF very soon after I had started vaping, and before I ever used Temperature Control, so I have no idea how the Eleaf software performs.
    After all, I don’t connect my mod to my computer regularly (=never), now that it’s set up. The ability to create profiles for different wire types is neat, but it takes just as long to switch profiles on the AF Pico, as it takes to switch wire types on the Teslacig.
    @KurtVD

Original Pico 75's with Micro USB 28.90 € in-stock at Verdampft Nochmal (Germany).

iStick Pico 75 Watt Mox Mod suitable for most Atomizer

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Having said that, I don’t need Arctic Fox at any price, maybe the eleaf firmware works well enough? As it happens, I switched to AF very soon after I had started vaping, and before I ever used Temperature Control, so I have no idea how the Eleaf software performs.
    After all, I don’t connect my mod to my computer regularly (=never), now that it’s set up. The ability to create profiles for different wire types is neat, but it takes just as long to switch profiles on the AF Pico, as it takes to switch wire types on the Teslacig.

Well...this 1 is back in stock now, like the ETA: Apr. 8th indicated it would be. :) Available in 3 colors: Full Black, Black, and Silver. As a 1st time buyer, with the 10% off...they'd be only $18.88 each + S/H.

Eleaf IStick Pico 75w Mod

Last edited:

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland
    Having checked out a few tube mods, I have come to agree, they aren’t necessarily the most compact, nor very practical. Plus my Teslacig isn’t that different from a tube mod, except that it’s rectangular, I don’t need more in this form factor.
    However, I really like these SBS mods, i wasn’t aware that there’s such a format, and that’s what I’m going to get. It won’t be much smaller than my Pico, but the atomizer doesn’t stick out the same way, I like that.
    I might get the Dovpo College DNA 60 SBS you mentioned, if I can find one at a good price.
    Thanks
    You want a decent high quality TC mod that is small?

Look at the Dovpo College DNA 60 SBS. Those can be found for $100 or less (depending on who is running a sale).

They are very high quality mods... I own 3.

As for TC... you will be hard pressed to find a better chipset than a DNA in the $100 USD price range.

Evolv DNA chips are widely recognized as The Gold Standard for temp control.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Having checked out a few tube mods, I have come to agree, they aren’t necessarily the most compact, nor very practical. Plus my Teslacig isn’t that different from a tube mod, except that it’s rectangular, I don’t need more in this form factor.
    However, I really like these SBS mods, i wasn’t aware that there’s such a format, and that’s what I’m going to get. It won’t be much smaller than my Pico, but the atomizer doesn’t stick out the same way, I like that.
    I might get the Dovpo College DNA 60 SBS you mentioned, if I can find one at a good price.
    Thanks
    My pleasure. I really like SBS mods a lot. They do make for a more compact carry.

If you can get by without TC the Aspire Mixx SBS is a rock solid mod. I have three. They are very well built. CNC machined from a single block of stainless steel. I'm confident you can find one in Europe for a decent price.

Good luck with however you decide to go!

Reactions: KurtVD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread