Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
it will sense what coil you put in. if its a coil you can use for temp control, it will turn to tc when you pop in the tank and give you a recommendation for firing in tc mode. but if you put in a tank with kanthal, it will automatically go to regulated mode. im currently using ni60, it goes to regulated mode, but sometimes goes to tc.
Gotcha....so I see a block 22 and also a block 22 rxt (not sure if its rxt, but has some letters accompanying the 22) is there 2 versions, or just the one?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Agree the nx75 is a great little mod, also have a bunch of the original pico's bought on sale back then when first came out also a nice small mod but limited to what size tank will fit because of battery cap but innokins zenith fits it so good for this vapor-er.
The Hcigar nano 75w with dna chip is my everyday mod for several years now some complain about the battery door easy to cross thread and have one as such but the others stashed do not have that problem .
Yes I also have an hcigar nano, great solid mod for sure, definitely built tough but just a tad to heavy compared to my others. For a dna chip, size, durability, etc, it's hard to beat the nano for sure

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
it will sense what coil you put in. if its a coil you can use for temp control, it will turn to tc when you pop in the tank and give you a recommendation for firing in tc mode. but if you put in a tank with kanthal, it will automatically go to regulated mode. im currently using ni60, it goes to regulated mode, but sometimes goes to tc.
So in the case of nichrome, sometimes it goes to TC and sometimes wattage and if it goes to tc, you unscrew and screw back tank to get to wattage? Do you ever have to do it a 3rd time?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Hence my question. :)

OP said "im currently using ni60, it goes to regulated mode, but sometimes goes to tc." I take it that by "regulated mode" OP means wattage (power) mode.
ni60 is NiCr (Nichrome) and should be labeled as N60 instead of ni60, it only works in wattage mode. Yes the regulated mode is wattage.

Ni200 is Nickel and only for TC.

mototoo

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Gotcha....so I see a block 22 and also a block 22 rxt (not sure if its rxt, but has some letters accompanying the 22) is there 2 versions, or just the one?

i believe there is just 1 version. block 22 gt-x. when i google the site, i do see that sxt. click on the mods link, it shows gt-x.

Reactions: vapdivrr

mototoo

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
So you're saying if you put in a tank w/SS, the first time it goes into TC mode. But if you unscrew it and screw it back in it goes to power mode?

looks like it works that way with ss coil. i remove the tank after it is detected for tc. click the fire button, no atomizer found. screw it back on and it goes to regulated mode. not really a hassle as it turns out.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
nichrome. sorry, still new with these wires. usually use kanthal. just started trying out nichrome and ss wires.

Not at all. I should have known that, in the words of TrollDragon, "ni60 is NiCr (Nichrome) and should be labeled as N60 instead of ni60, while Ni200 is Nickel." :lol:

But when I see Ni I think nickel. :facepalm: And I'm also a Kanthal and ss person--I never made coils with nichrome wire. That said, I know at least one vaper who prefers nichrome to Kanthal.

• Love
Reactions: AngeNZ

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
+1

for the Goby(tty).

(next to a "BME") (Best Mod Ever), thankyouverymuch @