small'ish 18650 mod for Zenith tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
So i am getting back to vaping again..i am a MTL vaper no more than 18w.
From my research, a Zenith tank (pbusardo-vaping greek collab) would fit the bill.
I have plenty of 18650 batts but no mod anymore. I want a single 18650 mod with wattage mode. Not interested in temp vaping as of now. I used to have an Eleaf Pico, didnt like it too much....cramped my hand. Any other smallish mods out there you would recommend? It would need to have a built in usb charger.
TIA

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I want to say the Jaq sandstorm if you want a smallish form factor that still supports like, 24 mm tanks at a reasonable price that is much beloved by many. I don't own one but that sprang to mind and etc. I will own one... one day.

But there are plenty of things that should suit especially if you don't want TC and/or a DNA mod although I believe they are now making TC heads for it so it might be worth it and etc.

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
No idea what kind of wattage you use but, my favorite single 18650 has to be my Aspire nx75 that thing endured quite a beating and although dosen't look as pretty still functions like the day i got it and i absolutely love it still (even if i need more wattage from my vape these days, i still build higher on my stuff to get a good vape with it).

Ofc opinions will vary but this one was my first mod ever and i love it still :p

Colombia

Jul 25, 2018
Hey @melloyello I am in the same boat, got my zenith this weekend a now I am in the hunt for a single battery mod for it. I own the aegis legend and love it so the aegis 100w is a good candidate, the Asmodus colossal can be an option too but I am not sure about the touch screen.

I will be following this thread closely to get better options :)

Reactions: stols001

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I know it's an older device, but mine has given me years of problem free use. Ergonomic, compact and a nice strong battery door.

eVic-VTC Mini
eVic-VTC Mini - Joyetech

MVjZhf2.png

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So i am getting back to vaping again..i am a MTL vaper no more than 18w.
From my research, a Zenith tank (pbusardo-vaping greek collab) would fit the bill.
I have plenty of 18650 batts but no mod anymore. I want a single 18650 mod with wattage mode. Not interested in temp vaping as of now. I used to have an Eleaf Pico, didnt like it too much....cramped my hand. Any other smallish mods out there you would recommend? It would need to have a built in usb charger.
TIA
Hi and welcome back,
Which 18650 batteries are you using?
What is your budget?
Have you considered the Kroma kit that comes with the Zenith? Kroma A Mod with Zenith Tank Starter Kit by Innokin
_mfs9135.jpg

Cheers
I

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
Thanks for all the input!
I did end up ordering iJoy Elite PS2170 100W TC Starter Kit. I dont think i will care for the tank since i dont subohm, so i ordered the Zenith tank as well.

Didnt see the Asmodus tank until now and it looks like a good hefty tank bu as you, not sure how the touch screen will work IRL.

I had the Evic VTC mini a while back but the fire button gave out after a few months..
Was a good device while it lasted.

As far as batteries i am using Samsung 30Q's for the most part.

I also did look up the Kroms-A mod that comes with the Zenith tank but the batt capacity on the mod is only 2000mah and built in batt...not a huge fan of smallish built-ins..

And how in the world do you get a vtc mini mod+tank from China for $2? LOL

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
Just thought id add:
I vaped for about 6 years, stopped about 10 months ago due to hot flashes/sweating.
I was surprised vaping gave me more nic than smoking. I was a 2PAD smoker for 20yrs.
I was vaping 6mg 50/50 unflavored the last 3 years...went through 7ml of liquid daily.
I am currently smoking little over a pack of Marb's a day and i dont sweat/hot flash near as much as when i vaped. Weird thing eh?
I thought the body takes in less nic from vaping than smoking but apperently not for me.
Is there a rough cross reference for 1PAD to nic mg/ml?

• Optimistic

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Just thought id add:
    I vaped for about 6 years, stopped about 10 months ago due to hot flashes/sweating.
    I was surprised vaping gave me more nic than smoking. I was a 2PAD smoker for 20yrs.
    I was vaping 6mg 50/50 unflavored the last 3 years...went through 7ml of liquid daily.
    I am currently smoking little over a pack of Marb's a day and i dont sweat/hot flash near as much as when i vaped. Weird thing eh?
    I thought the body takes in less nic from vaping than smoking but apperently not for me.
    Is there a rough cross reference for 1PAD to nic mg/ml?
    I replaced a pack and a half with vaping 5ml/12mg/6watts.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    And no sweats? How long have you been vaping?
    Since my join date. I really don't recall many posts about the issues that are concerning you. Yes, I experience them on occasion but I'm on many meds also. Not nearly enuf of a concern to go back to smoking at this time.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    • Informative
    Reactions: tgs3 and Izan

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I want to say the Jaq sandstorm if you want a smallish form factor that still supports like, 24 mm tanks at a reasonable price that is much beloved by many. I don't own one but that sprang to mind and etc. I will own one... one day.
    The Jac seems to be hard to get and more expensive.
    It looks like you've already ordered a mod, but in case you don't care for it, I'll add my :2c:

images

Another recommendation for the JAC Vapour series B DNA75W. Unlike most of the battery devices suggested, it has a very comfortable form factor that is not really a box or tube shape --- more of a hybrid of both.

I have both the black 22mm and the sandstorm 25mm. They both perform exactly the same using the same electronics, the sandstorm just has a larger top to accomodate a larger tank size.

The JAC is not hard to get, you just have to order directly from the manufacturer. As for the expense, I believe you get what you pay for. DNA mods tend to be a little more expensive because they're using a more reliable top-of-the-line chip. They tend to have better battery efficiency, so you'll get longer use per battery. They also arguably provide a smoother vape. I use the Samsung 30Q 15A 3000mAh batteries, and get a full day's use per battery vaping at 30 watts.

JAC Vapor series B DNA75W

jac-vapor-series-b-dna-75w-sandstorm-mod-review-vaperevs-7.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread