Kroma/Zenith Coil Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_zullo

Jan 31, 2014
Plantation, FL USA
Hi, I quit smoking 4 years ago thanks to vaping and have been vaping with an eLeaf iStick Basic but lately the coils have been burning quickly. I am a MTL vaporer and use 3mg Red Drop which is 50/50 from Mountain Oak Vapors. I was told that the Kroma/Zenith kit would be a good option. I am not a cloud chaser, just use an e-cig not to smoke anymore. I am not a big fan of VV/VWs but the Kroma seems easy enough. The question I have, being a MTL with 3 mg, which coils should I use, the .8 or 1.6 and what VW would use normally start with? Thanks so much for your time. Mark

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I'd try both the heads to see which I liked best. Both are suitable for MTL.
sub ohm does not = cloud chaser, slightly warmer vape at a higher watt.

How much power to use is a matter of personal preference, start low & work your way up taking a few vapes on each setting until you find what you like best.

The .8Ω recommended range is 15 - 18w, I'd start around 10 - 12w & work up.
1.6Ω is 10 - 14w, I'd start around 8.5w & work up.
The watt range printed on the head is a recommendation, not a rule or must use between these figures.
Play with the power setting, find what you like best.

Be sure to thoroughly prime new / unused heads before use.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You've gotten good advice. Priming your coils really well may help. You could try either coil, and it's potentially possible the lower ohm coil may handle your current juice better, although gunky juices are just that, and sometimes the best that can be done is manage them, or sometimes even avoid them unless you want to try a rebuildable where rewicking is so much les expensive than using a new premade coil head.

However, making sure you prime your coils thoroughly and possibly the lower resistance coil may help. There are usually "recommended" wattage printed on the coil, that may give you some idea where your sweet spot may lie. It's fine to vape under the recommended wattage, going over it will likely shorten coil life.

Also if you have more than one setup, sometimes rotating so you don't chain vape one tank may decrease overheating your tank, which can also decrease coil life.

Best of luck,

Anna

mark_zullo

Jan 31, 2014
Plantation, FL USA
You've gotten good advice. Priming your coils really well may help. You could try either coil, and it's potentially possible the lower ohm coil may handle your current juice better, although gunky juices are just that, and sometimes the best that can be done is manage them, or sometimes even avoid them unless you want to try a rebuildable where rewicking is so much les expensive than using a new premade coil head.

However, making sure you prime your coils thoroughly and possibly the lower resistance coil may help. There are usually "recommended" wattage printed on the coil, that may give you some idea where your sweet spot may lie. It's fine to vape under the recommended wattage, going over it will likely shorten coil life.

Also if you have more than one setup, sometimes rotating so you don't chain vape one tank may decrease overheating your tank, which can also decrease coil life.

Best of luck,

Anna
THanks

mark_zullo

Jan 31, 2014
Plantation, FL USA
I'd try both the heads to see which I liked best. Both are suitable for MTL.
sub ohm does not = cloud chaser, slightly warmer vape at a higher watt.

How much power to use is a matter of personal preference, start low & work your way up taking a few vapes on each setting until you find what you like best.

The .8Ω recommended range is 15 - 18w, I'd start around 10 - 12w & work up.
1.6Ω is 10 - 14w, I'd start around 8.5w & work up.
The watt range printed on the head is a recommendation, not a rule or must use between these figures.
Play with the power setting, find what you like best.

Be sure to thoroughly prime new / unused heads before use.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread