coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
But 22 looks stupid?????

I know right??

Last year I was walking down the street with my P3 with 18650 and full sized K5. When I noticed the marching band following me. And a giant Underdog ballon overhead. At first I was confused but then I looked at my hand, shook my head and just started waving at everyone and yelling Merry Christmas.....

Reactions: 1 person

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I'm no narrow Ian, I only recognised that there are two different classes of vapers which use the same word for two different scopes.
    We old timers do MTL with 18 mg, 8 W, 1.4 mm airflow and 1.5-2 mm I.D., 1.8 ohm coil.
    It is MTL as it was at the beginning of Vape, imitating cigarette smoke.
    Now, you mention the newer narrow-scoped MTL, where the technical parameters approaches those of DTL vaping, in terms of airflow, coiling and wicking to include medium-high power. The only difference with DTL is the way of inhaling; I am sure you will agree that this newer, single-parameter MTL is the narrow-scoped one.
    I do suspect that this more modern MTL way of vaping is born with the intention of using the same 3 mg e-liquid, the same 0.3 ohm - 3 mm I. D. Claptons coils originally intended for cloud chasing. The proposition for this limited MTL, I understand to be, is a lesser clouds presence, aimed to a better socialites.

I'm fairly sure I saw Phil saying he MTLs at 50 WATTS! I sort of DL at 16W .. and 1.5 mg. 12 mg liquid is for 6W or less IMO. Can someone explain this to me ?? ;) No wonder this tank is for a big battery.

The Ares itself does look great, I'd buy one if it weren't, to me, expensive and I have a pile of unused, unvapable RTAs sitting here as it is.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I know right??

Last year I was walking down the street with my P3 with 18650 and full sized K5. When I noticed the marching band following me. And a giant Underdog ballon overhead. At first I was confused but then I looked at my hand, shook my head and just started waving at everyone and yelling Merry Christmas.....

Ah. I believe your issue may not have been the "22", but the choice of "22" instead. 3.5ml in an Erl Nano (21mm) or Doggystyle (22mm) eats up less than 2.5 inches of height.

Options. We sure do got 'em. I've seen some curious ones (for me, at least), but none I'd classify as stupid.

A P3/18650 plus a K5, well, that combo could play for the Knicks.

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
    Adrian MI
    The only time I have seen Phil turn a mod up to 50 watts is if he is testing something. Or maybe if he puts a really low build in a mouth to lung tank or dripper he is reviewing. From all the videos I have seen (which is all of them lol) he normally vapes between 15 and 20 watts. Or about 430 or degrees in temp control.

I would guess Dimi is about the same since he said he normally shoots for about 1 ohm on his coils.

Grimm Green tends to vape at higher wattages because he seems to prefer direct lung vaping.

I have had conversations with Phil, Dimi, Grimm and Matt from Suck My Mod. They were all nice and seemed pretty down to earth.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I see some s/u's, that my first thought is, that looks stupid, and shame on me, it probably doesn't look stupid to the owner, just an individuals preference, or taste.

Oh opl, I can GUARANTEE you that many have looked at a number of my setups and thought exactly that! (how stupid!!) (can't say I disagree with them, either, but sometimes a "odd" looking set up is exactly what I want to vape.) :blink:

I have no shame. :lol: :banana: :lol:

provi billet box tank.jpg
    pipe tip on epm.jpg
    vmod 2 glen 6-8-13.jpg
    duck racehorse smiley.jpg

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I kind of like the first two, wouldn't be caught dead with the third one lol. Never seen tanks like those, what are they?

Ya don't likey the moustachio? :D

Paul, those are the original (delrin) tanks that came with the Billet Box.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread