Coming soon: New MTL tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
Ya don't likey the moustachio? :D

Paul, those are the original (delrin) tanks that came with the Billet Box.

I think it is more the fact that its pink lol. I am pretty secure in my manhood, but that is pushing it a bit far for me. If I was a girl I would be all over it hehe. And if I saw you vaping that I would for sure come up and use it for an excuse to start a conversation. Don't get me wrong, if that was all I had I would vape the crap out of it lol.

Those are interesting tanks, never seen them before. I will have to see if I can find some information on them. Thanks for telling me what they were.

Honestly most of my mods are pretty subdued. I tend to go for the brushed metal look or just basic black. More of a tool in my mind. I think the craziest thing I have is my Itaste VTR I got years ago. Which I would still be using if it wasn't for the funky side tank deal.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I think it is more the fact that its pink lol. I am pretty secure in my manhood, but that is pushing it a bit far for me. If I was a girl I would be all over it hehe. And if I saw you vaping that I would for sure come up and use it for an excuse to start a conversation. Don't get me wrong, if that was all I had I would vape the crap out of it lol.

Those are interesting tanks, never seen them before. I will have to see if I can find some information on them. Thanks for telling me what they were.

Honestly most of my mods are pretty subdued. I tend to go for the brushed metal look or just basic black. More of a tool in my mind. I think the craziest thing I have is my Itaste VTR I got years ago. Which I would still be using if it wasn't for the funky side tank deal.

Same here. I bought a VTR because it was kind of like a walkie talkie. I liked the side tank aspect of it. I also had an SVD and enjoyed the light saber/sonic screwdriver esthetic. But now I do grab hardware in black. I like the simple, utilitarian look and feel.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I'm pretty sure that several people actually cut off the seat belt that holds the tank on the VTR. You might still find some use for it.

The tanks I mentioned are no longer offered by Billet Box. Everything went Boro (glass tanks) quite awhile back.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I see some s/u's, that my first thought is, that looks stupid, and shame on me, it probably doesn't look stupid to the owner, just an individuals preference, or taste.

;) Bobo, anyone?

B1068517473.jpg

Reactions: oplholik

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I'm pretty sure that several people actually cut off the seat belt that holds the tank on the VTR. You might still find some use for it.

The tanks I mentioned are no longer offered by Billet Box. Everything went Boro (glass tanks) quite awhile back.

There is an extender that came with it. A cylinder with a male 510 on the bottom and a female 510 on top. So if your tank wouldn't fit in side by side configuration then you could use that cylinder to bring the 510 up and out of the mod. I also saw pics of VTR's that were cut to allow larger diameter tanks to fit in side by side configuration.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
There is an extender that came with it. A cylinder with a male 510 on the bottom and a female 510 on top. So if your tank wouldn't fit in side by side configuration then you could use that cylinder to bring the 510 up and out of the mod. I also saw pics of VTR's that were cut to allow larger diameter tanks to fit in side by side configuration.

Here's a pic:

zINK-VTR-7.jpg

Looks like it also had ego threading.

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
Ya I have used the extender. It doesn't seem to make a very good connection though and messes with the resistance sometimes. It also gets stuck and is very hard to remove if you leave it on for too long. I think maybe they are made of different metals and they don't play nice with each other and oxidize or something.

As for cutting the upper ring off, it looks likes it would take a fair amount of cutting, grinding and polishing to make it look good when you were done. And it would still limit you to a tank just under 22mm. So if your air flow ring or something stick out a bit or something you are probably sol.

And yes the adapter does have ego threading. That top ring actually comes off too.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
So my brother wants to give vaping another go around and he wants me to get him a set up. He definitely wants a drop in coil tank, but not dtl and was thinking of one of the new Phil tanks. .I have heard the Aires is the rebuildable one and may be out soon? Does anyone know the name of the drop in tank? When it's coming out? And what coils will they use? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
So my brother wants to give vaping another go around and he wants me to get him a set up. He definitely wants a drop in coil tank, but not dtl and was thinking of one of the new Phil tanks. .I have heard the Aires is the rebuildable one and may be out soon? Does anyone know the name of the drop in tank? When it's coming out? And what coils will they use? Thanks

There's always the ten-dollar Eggrolls (stainless is best) and some CLR coils. They can even be re-wicked easier than anything I've ever used.

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank

Not to throw a fly into Phil's ointment, of course.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
vapdivrr, I THINK the pop in coil PD tank is called the Zenith.

Memory tho, overrated. :blush:

The Nauti 2 has achieved a loverly reputation. I do prefer the Egg Rolls tho myself.
Thanks....will look into some eggys

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
There's always the ten-dollar Eggrolls (stainless is best) and some CLR coils. They can even be re-wicked easier than anything I've ever used.

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank

Not to throw a fly into Phil's ointment, of course.
So those CLR coils are decent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread