Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
My Cylon with an Asmodus Zesthia on top. She was getting jealous with everyone else showing theirs off. I guess the black ones aren’t always bigger.:banana:
E8941590-5C1F-47BA-B472-A6EDE4CD9093.jpeg

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Battery life, hard hitting, great feel, looks great, and price. I just hope they don’t start putting out more colors because I don’t need more mods and I am finding the tarnish hard to resist. I like all the Smoant mods but the Cylon really is head and shoulders above the rest.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Battery life, hard hitting, great feel, looks great, and price. I just hope they don’t start putting out more colors because I don’t need more mods and I am finding the tarnish hard to resist. I like all the Smoant mods but the Cylon really is head and shoulders above the rest.
Lol, I already have the tarnish and the black. I WILL be getting the black/silver once its released (assuming it still will be). I hope they don't come out with too many more combos either. :)

I know it has a lot of fans here, but I personally feel this is one of the best bang/buck, well performing mods around right now. I would replace either of mine without hesitation if something happened to them. There's many mods I like that I wouldn't necessarily replace with the same thing, but I would order a Cylon replacement immediately if something happened to mine.

Just all around great mod. I guess I'm a Smoant fanboy since I like my Gaia, Battlestars, and Charons too, but the Cylon is their best mod to date in my opinion.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Lol, I already have the tarnish and the black. I WILL be getting the black/silver once its released (assuming it still will be). I hope they don't come out with too many more combos either. :)

I know it has a lot of fans here, but I personally feel this is one of the best bang/buck, well performing mods around right now. I would replace either of mine without hesitation if something happened to them. There's many mods I like that I wouldn't necessarily replace with the same thing, but I would order a Cylon replacement immediately if something happened to mine.

Just all around great mod. I guess I'm a Smoant fanboy since I like my Gaia, Battlestars, and Charons too, but the Cylon is their best mod to date in my opinion.
The black and silver Cylon looks great from the pictures and the tarnish as well. If the put out another color I hope it’s the red and gold “iron man” one. That’s the only Cylon I haven’t drooled over, lol. But still if mine broke and that was the only option I’d buy it too. That’s how much I love this mod, I’d buy an ugly colored one.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I noticed something odd about my Cylon and I thought I would ask if anyone else noticed this. I am using an rta with a coil that I made with 304 Stainless because I have a lot of it laying around. If I set the Cylon TCR for 304 SS I get an ok vape but not really the constant temperature I enjoy. I tried adjusting the tcr a bit as the normal range would be 102-105. Still not satisfied I switched over to the standard SS setting (which I asumed would be a profile for 316 SS) and behold the vape was perfect. If the standard SS setting is set for around 092 which is what I would expect then I should be getting a very cool limp vape using 304 SS? That is not what is happening. Using 304 SS the TC vape in standard SS Mode on my Cylon is perfect (better than I get using TCR).

I have not got around to changing the coil to some 316L material to test as a comparison. I haven't done that yet because I am getting a great vape as is so I am not in a rush to change it. Is it possible that the profile in the Cylon is set for 304 ss? I know there are some mods out there that do have their standard SS setting set for 304 instead of 316ss. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this about the Cylon? Is it possible the mod is sensing that I am using 304SS?

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I noticed something odd about my Cylon and I thought I would ask if anyone else noticed this. I am using an rta with a coil that I made with 304 Stainless because I have a lot of it laying around. If I set the Cylon TCR for 304 SS I get an ok vape but not really the constant temperature I enjoy. I tried adjusting the tcr a bit as the normal range would be 102-105. Still not satisfied I switched over to the standard SS setting (which I asumed would be a profile for 316 SS) and behold the vape was perfect. If the standard SS setting is set for around 092 which is what I would expect then I should be getting a very cool limp vape using 304 SS? That is not what is happening. Using 304 SS the TC vape in standard SS Mode on my Cylon is perfect (better than I get using TCR).

I have not got around to changing the coil to some 316L material to test as a comparison. I haven't done that yet because I am getting a great vape as is so I am not in a rush to change it. Is it possible that the profile in the Cylon is set for 304 ss? I know there are some mods out there that do have their standard SS setting set for 304 instead of 316ss. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this about the Cylon? Is it possible the mod is sensing that I am using 304SS?
See now I use 316l and I didn’t like it on the ss mode so I switched to 105 tcr and it worked better. I also didn’t lock the resistance, are you locking the resistance? As a caveat I must say that I haven’t used it much in tc. I just tried it for maybe 10 minutes so things might have changed with a lot of use I don’t know. I’m really liking the power curve on watts. It gives me a nice vape that’s similar to tc where I can take longer pulls without overheating. I just find it easier to get the vape just how I like it in the power curve. Maybe because it has less variables.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
See now I use 316l and I didn’t like it on the ss mode so I switched to 105 tcr and it worked better. I also didn’t lock the resistance, are you locking the resistance? As a caveat I must say that I haven’t used it much in tc. I just tried it for maybe 10 minutes so things might have changed with a lot of use I don’t know. I’m really liking the power curve on watts. It gives me a nice vape that’s similar to tc where I can take longer pulls without overheating. I just find it easier to get the vape just how I like it in the power curve. Maybe because it has less variables.

Very interesting information. By using 105 as the TCR for 316L you were really using the TCR for 304SS. If you check Steam Engine you will find that the TCR for 316L is 88-94. Your experience leads me to suspect even more so that they set the standard SS setting for 304SS. More replies with experience may verify this. At 105 with 316L the vape should have been far too hot.

Here is a late edit. You inspired me to try the TC Curve for the first time and I find that it is excellent. I have never used a curve tool before although I have it on other mods as well. I like what it does. You can dial in the vape exactly as you want it. I expected it to be more fuss but not so. It is rather easy to use.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Yea the curve is great. With a little adjusting I can get exactly the vape I want. I’m a huge fan and when you change coils or tanks, a quick adjustment if necessary and you’re good to go. Now it’s a requirement for any mod I buy. Best thing since sliced bread.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Just a quick note on TC. Just tested with 316SS setting and the device is running about 40°F hot. Not end of the world stuff to me as I adjust for what I like anyway but for those who only want to vape up to a specific temp because of temp/wire concerns it may be useful to note.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Well I read the whole thread very interesting stuff. I'm glad I ordered one but sadly, it will not be arriving any time soon (CNY) but hey, it gives me something to look forward to, so win-win.

Anna
I think you will find it worth the wait. This thing has been my lil buddy for quite some time now. Just like picking it up. Nice unit.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
Well I read the whole thread very interesting stuff. I'm glad I ordered one but sadly, it will not be arriving any time soon (CNY) but hey, it gives me something to look forward to, so win-win.

Anna
mine has been in use constantly since i got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread