The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SMOK BEC PRO Bluetooth Mod 50 Watt

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by wolfstone5, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. wolfstone5

wolfstone5 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Smoktech just released the BEC PRO Bluetooth Mod 50 Watt and I haven't really been able to find any reviews of it yet. Though it seems somewhat gimmicky, the BEC PRO touts some impressive specs and shares some similar features with the Evic Supreme. The BEC PRO can be controlled/programmed via Bluetooth with your Android 4.3 plus/IOS 6 plus devices and can push up to 50 watts and/or 12 volts! It can be programmed to adjust its wattage or voltage in real time and has a mechanical mod mode as well. The Apps are already available for download at the Google Play Store and the Apple Store. I assume has all the safety features we've grown accustom to but I couldn't find much about them anywhere.

Has anyone out there tried one yet? Usually, all the video reviewers (Phil, Grimm, Todd, VWT420, ETC) get their hands on these devices long before they reach us, the vaping public. There's almost a media blackout on this one! There's a couple of vague videos showing off the features of the BEC PRO but that's about it. I took a shot in the dark this time and ordered it. If it does everything that Smoktech claims, $100 is money well spent. Believe me, I've ordered plenty of vape gear that was a complete and utter waste for a lot more money!

If you want to check out the specs, I've included a link to Smoktech's site. If someone else has already posted something similar, I apologize in advance for stepping on any toes!

SMOK BEC PRO Bluetooth Mod 50W

2. OldtimeRocker

OldtimeRocker Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    N.H.
    I like the looks of this one. Very interested in what other that have this think about it.

3. salemgold

salemgold ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    I have one enroute that is scheduled to be delivered on Saturday. I will report back but, keep in mind that I am no reviewer ;)

4. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

Sweet. Instead of pushing a button, I can set the mod down, get out my phone, unlock it, open an app, go through the menu on the app and set my power. Much easier...

5. salemgold

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    That is not one of the features that I found appealing. You do not have to operate it from your phone. You are able to upgrade from your phone and do various other functions that may be cool though.

6. OldtimeRocker

OldtimeRocker Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    N.H.
    So options are a bad thing now. It's not like your phone the only way to run the mod. :)

7. caged

caged Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    I have one. It's a decent mod. It fires up right away. The grip is great. The battery connections are strong on battery cap and the 510 connection is sealed (my preference -- just unscrew the beauty ring until its flush with your atty for support and appearance). It's supposed to have an upgrade to 100 watts at some point. Only one item can be displayed at a time though so you are back to clicking through to see different settings than what you left it on (watts/volts, battery, resistance, and temp), and that is the biggest con. It remembers your watts when switching batteries which is great (my Sigelei 20W does not, which is a pain). I don't have a device compatible with the apps so I can't comment on it.

8. Jetdrive

Jetdrive Full Member

9. Never Lift

Never Lift Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2014
    westchester NY
    SOOO excited mine should be here tomorrow.

10. WyseOne

WyseOne Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Stevegmu... Don't forget you need to connect the Bluetooth as it shuts off when the BEC goes to sleep, cumbersome and honestly not worth the time to constantly be accessing a one button menu system and turning on Bluetooth.

11. salemgold

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    Ummmm...... how long have you been using yours? That is not the way to do it. If it goes to sleep you just need to give it a 5 clicks to turn on and it will resume at the setting you left off at. That simple.

12. tedd

tedd Full Member

Aug 1, 2014
    North Palm Spring, CA
    Hey everyone

the Vapor Vet here, I should have mine by Tuesday next week I will do a small preliminary review on Youttube next week with a follow up after a few weeks of using this for a in depth review. I don't know about the App controlled mods yet, if it is a Fad or the way of the future. I really like the idea that the firmware can be up graded in the future allowing a higher wattage use. There seems to be a lot more App controlled mods coming in the future according to the Vendors at the ECC last week in Ontario, CA. At this time i heard of about 10 new devices that will coming out in the late fall or early next year that all will be App controlled on your smart phones and tablets. There are even some that will remember the RDA, RBA and even clearomizer to automatically set it when it is attached! For me and a lot of the Vapors out at the show thought that this would be a great Idea and a great selling point for the novices that are just starting to vape. I am a novice myself but with all of you here along with Rick Tripper, Nick "Grimmgreen" My knowledge has increased 10 fold. So watch for my review next week and I hope it lives up to everyone that is wanting more info about this new Smok BEC pro. Take Care all and remember Don't smoke, just vape!

13. Numba20

Numba20 Full Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Tennessee
    any body know the warranty with these units? I've really been wanting to pull the trigger on one, but trying to find some more reviews first.

14. salemgold

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    Depends on where you buy it from. Mine was purchased here Shipping and Returns - VAPEHAPPY and has a 90 day warranty on it.

15. tedd

tedd Full Member

Aug 1, 2014
    North Palm Spring, CA
    OK, everyone I just got my new SMOK Bec pro today. The 1st thing I noticed is the nice box it came it was dented and torn on the bottom of it, but the inside package was not damaged at all due to the great foam insert around the mod. After opening it up there was a nice looking stainless steel unit with 2 different top caps, one to be used with an RDA or anything other than an EGO threaded device. And the other that will allow and EGO threaded tank. The threading in very nice and smooth. After inserting my 18650 sony VTC5 battery into it there was no rattle at all!. Now down below are the direction on using this mod, they might have some users scratching their heads at first after a few minutes of using this it was really no problem at all. My 1st impression of this is good with only 1 con right now but I think there will be others to come I hope not as I like this mod. For the newbies out there that are looking for something that they can use with their Cardo's, Clearomizers this will work fine for you, as you will see further in this pre-review. For those hard core drippers out there this is also good for you as well. If you don't know by now, this is a combination mod, this mod is adjustable voltage from 4 to 12 volts, and the wattage is adjustable from 6 to 50 watts depending on the battery that is installed, meaning you can adjust it either from the mod it self or from an app on your smartphone! You can adjust your valtage, wattage, set it to Mech mod mode, or set up some custom setting to your desire. The really nice this is that you don't really to have to do anything at all! yes not at all! What ever you attached to this, RDA, RBA, Cardomizer, Clearomizer this mod will auto set the power for the given resistance of your device. For me being legally blind this is a big plus and it works very well. Not to get into any numbers until I do a full review on Youtube. I was impressed with it's performance. Now the only Con I found was 10 mins after your last puff this mod will auto shut down. I cannot see the reasoning behind this but it is what it is. Overall I like this as I will have to take only 1 mod with me from now on, just some extra batteries and that is a lot lighter than 3 or more devices in your pocket, purse on Murse if you know what I mean. Anyway, here is the user guide below.

SMOKE BEX PRO
    Brief Introduction
    Product Introduction
    SMOK BEC PRO 18650 Bluetooth Mod is the newest revolutionary Smart Vaporizer designed and patented by SMOK. One of the biggest advantages of the BEC Pro is its Bluetooth function. With the function, users could easily operate all the settings and monitor the working status, which is very intelligent and intuitive.

Parameters
    Length x Diameter: 141.8 x 24.6mm
    Materials: stainless steel+PC
    Compatible Li-ion battery: 18650
    Suitable system: Android 4.3+ and iOS6.0+
    Adjust voltage: 4V-12V
    Adjust wattage: 6W-36W
    MIN resistance: 0.3ohm
    Thread: 510/e-Go

It comes with
    1x whole SMOK BEC PRO 18650 Bluetooth Mod
    1x Decorative ring (510 thread cover)
    1x user manual

Simple packing. Customary packing from the factory, the packing is subject to change without notice.

Detailed Introduction
    Features
    Bluetooth function
    OLED screen
    Suitable for Android 4.3 Plus, IOS 6.0 Plus
    3V~12V in 0.5v increment
    6W~36W in 1W increment
    Air inlet groove
    Stainless steel body
    Metal power button

Operation Guide
    1) Battery installation
    -Screw the switch part off the battery tube
    -Put the 18650 battery into the battery tube with the positive pole facing upward.
    -Screw the switch part back onto the battery tube.

2) Power on
    Fast press the power button five times in a row within two seconds, the screen shows “SMOK” and “Welcome!” means the mod has been turned on.

3) Operation and display of the screen.
    Power on the battery and press the button three times in two seconds, the screen will display menu 1 to 7.
    -Choose menu 1, the screen displays”1. B”, two seconds later, you can choose Bluetooth “ON” or “OFF”
    -Choose menu 2, the screen displays”2. V+/2.W+”, two seconds later, you can add the voltage or wattage circularly. The voltage circles from 4V to 12 V in increment, wattage circles from 6W to 36W in 0.5W increment.
    -Choose menu 3, the screen displays” 3. V-/3.W-”, two seconds later, you can add the voltage or wattage circularly. The voltage circles from 12V to 4 V in increment, wattage circles from 36W to 6W in 0.5W increment.
    -Choose menu 4, the screen displays”4. i”, two seconds later, you can choose information as battery voltage, atomizer resistance, output voltage/wattage and temperature, the corresponding displays are “BATTERY”/”OHM”/”OUTPUT”/”TEMP”.
    -Choose menu 5, the screen displays three horizontal lines, two seconds later; you can switch among “WATTS MODE”, “VOLTS MODE” and “MECH MODE”
    -Choose menu 6, the screen displays a lock sign, two seconds later, you can choose “LOCK” or “UNLOCK”
    -Choose menu 7, the screen displays a power sign; two seconds later, you can choose “POWER OFF” or “CANCEL”

4) Functions of the MOD
    - 12 seconds cut-off: This MOD will automatically shut down when taking a puff for longer than 12s.
    -Low battery protection: When the battery’s voltage is lower than 3.4V by using one 18650 battery, the MOD will stop output and the screen will show “Low Battery” to remind the user to recharge.
    -Low resistance protection: When the atomizer resistance is lower than 0.3ohm, the screen will show “Low R”, the BEC Pro can’t be used at any mode.
    - Energy saving: when the mod is not used for more than 10 minutes, the Bluetooth function will enter “sleep mode” to save energy. Users need to reconnect before another operates at the cell phone.

Order Tips
    *It comes with 510/e-Go thread.
    *NO battery/charger/atomizer/cartomizer included. You can find 18650 battery here.
    * There is CE mark on the end cap.

Guarantee
    Pls check Guarantee Policy. 3 months

Remember everyone "don't smoke just Vape!"

16. stanthemanchan

stanthemanchan Senior Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Anyone know what the amp limit of this device is?

17. Numba20

Numba20 Full Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Tennessee
    That will depend on the battery you put in it. I would say they build this mod to handle more than any 18650 can put out. Although that's not verified.

18. stanthemanchan

stanthemanchan Senior Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    The Cloupor T5 has an amp limit of 10A. The IPV2 is 16A. The SX350 is 25A. All well within the safe limits of a VTC4 or VTC5. A lower amp limit means that if you want to use the full 50W you will need to do a high resistance high voltage build. It limits your build options. With the T5 you won't be able to get to 50W if you build at anything lower than 0.5 ohms.

19. VIPOD

VIPOD Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2010
    NB,Canada
    Thanks for the review.

Not a fan of any vv/vw box mod. I was looking for a tube mod that had at least 50w (no, the Clouper is a pepper grinder). Therefore, the choices have been limited until now!

From a size perspective, is it the same as the original eVic?

20. Numba20

Numba20 Full Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Tennessee
    I did... I ran a 0.3 ohm build for a week on 40w. Then my cloupor stopped working... Lol but if anyone is considering a T5, DO NOT GET IT! Do some research on the firmware release blunders they put out on sept 16th. People were melting their T5's, they retracted it within 24 hours. Not to mention nearly every mod has a hardware flaw that will present itself within a couple months. Most of the time making the device unoperational.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.