SMOK BEC PRO Bluetooth Mod 50 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renerene

Moved On
Sep 5, 2013
Holland
There a no issues if you ask me.

P. Absurdo abuses this device. At some moment in the vid he states that it gets uncomfatable to hold the device because it is getting hot. What does this ...... do? He keeps on holding it and firing it. Jee...

By the way, altough he abuses it beyond any limit, the device does not catch fire. Show me a device that can withstand this kind of abuse..

The guy has lost it.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND

P. Absurdo abuses this device. At some moment in the vid he states that it gets uncomfatable to hold the device because it is getting hot. What does this ...... do? He keeps on holding it and firing it. Jee...

By the way, altough he abuses it beyond any limit, the device does not catch fire. Show me a device that can withstand this kind of abuse..

The guy has lost it.

Nope.
Don't think so.

Did you see post #32 by the way?

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND

The guy has lost it.

Just watched the video again.

The point is that the device allowed him to carry on pressing the button whilst not shutting down the mod to prevent a thermal event.

What if this mod was left in a bag where something was constantly pressing against the button?
This is exactly what would happen, 12 seconds of firing - temperature increase - then it would fire again for another 12 seconds followed by a temperature increase,etc.

Do you really think think this is acceptable under any circumstance?

Devices like the Evic and the Provari have inbuilt temperature sensors that will prevent a device from overheating, it's actually commonplace in mods these days.

Last edited:

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
It should still shut off.
Pretty much all of the relevant mods have overheating protection - not rocket science, simple science.

It's to protect the device and the user.

See post #32(again) Caged has been a member here since 2010 - I suspect he knows what he's doing. I presume he wasn't doing a 'Busardo style' test on his device yet he sill had to remove the battery to prevent it from venting - never had this issue with any of the mods I've owned - and I've owned a lot.

A little line of code in the firmware that tells your device to shut down when it gets too hot, that's all it takes. It's poor form and Mr Busardo was correct to highlight it - despite what you think.

Renerene

Moved On
Sep 5, 2013
Holland
When shoukd it shut off? You did say when it is in a bag and constant pressure is on the button it WILL shut off after 12-13 seconds and not fire UNTIL the button is released and pressed AGAIN.

So when it is in a bag under constant pressure it will only fire for 12 seconds (Edit: Unless P Absurdo is also in the bag)

About the post of the other member, we only have his account of what happened, and is it investigated by others? No.

Last edited:

Renerene

Moved On
Sep 5, 2013
Holland
PS: I would never buy devices like this one or a Provari or whatever. Im happy with my SID and Kanger t3s. Monthly cost of vaping about Euro 12 (including coils, liquids replace clearomizer) Edit: Thanks to companies like Fasttech)

All these devices with more and more power, not my thing, Its absurd. The only ones who laugh are the liquid sellers, because your liquid goes up in vape in no time.

P Absurdo is a Provari (payed?) adept.

Last edited:

superjoefly

Aug 23, 2014
Houston, TX
Hopefully if anyone puts it in their purse, they will use the lock feature or just turn it off. I think PBusardo is just doing his job, and doing it well. He makes a big deal out of things like this because he cares about safety. I have a lot of respect for his reviews. I hope that reviews like his push developers to do a better job. I agree that a temp regulation function should have been programed on this device; people's safety is more important than being able to call someone from your APV...just kidding, but you know what I mean. I really hope that an update can add temp regulation without screwing up any of it's other features and/or capabilities. Especially if they upgrade it to 100w :-O

I think that, aside from lacking temp regulation, it's a great device. Of course, I've only had it for two days, I've only done one build on it, and I never have the need to push the button for more than a few seconds. So far it's working well, and I won't be putting it in my purse...lol :)

Last edited:

Renerene

Moved On
Sep 5, 2013
Holland
  • Deleted by Dusty_D
  • Reason: Cleaning up

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
Do any of you have this device... Been vaping for 5 days at 40w now it... And it doesn't get hot... As for in the bag, it shuts down without use and the button needs to be pressed 5 times quickly to turn it on... Not only that but I lock it when not in use... I only use vtc5 batteries...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
  • Deleted by Dusty_D

SensesFailed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Berwick, PA, USA
I'm not going to call out anyone on anything, as that's my style and the fact that everyone could have different experiences, the only thing I can speak from is my own and I haven't had an issue yet. Does that mean I won't? Maybe, but I'll see, if I begin to have issues, I've learned my lesson, but so far, nothing. That's also not to say that Caged hasn't had his issues either, but to try and ridicule people over the internet shows nothing but that those that do it have the mentality of a child(yeah, I'm kind of being a hypocrite here, but that IS my style)

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
It should still shut off.
Pretty much all of the relevant mods have overheating protection - not rocket science, simple science.

It's to protect the device and the user.

See post #32(again) Caged has been a member here since 2010 - I suspect he knows what he's doing. I presume he wasn't doing a 'Busardo style' test on his device yet he sill had to remove the battery to prevent it from venting - never had this issue with any of the mods I've owned - and I've owned a lot.

A little line of code in the firmware that tells your device to shut down when it gets too hot, that's all it takes. It's poor form and Mr Busardo was correct to highlight it - despite what you think.

To be clear, I sometimes know what I'm doing. And no, I was not doing a test like PBusardo was but I do chain vape. I originally thought PBusardo's test was a little funny since I would stop using any PV long before it got uncomfortably hot to hold. In my case, however, the grip did not seem very warm (though the control unit was definitely very warm -- the temp on the unit read 137 F). The battery cap, however, was pretty hot and just seemed to be getting hotter even though the unit was not in use. I buy regulated mods for the protection they offer. If they do not keep my vaping safe, then I can't recommend it. Having said that, the unit seems to be working fine again.

I absolutely respect what PBusardo does. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he says (and he tells you that your conclusions may be different than his), but he is very thorough and has the most informative and detailed reviews available.

superjoefly

Aug 23, 2014
Houston, TX
I'm using a Sony VTC3. I've heard that it's best to use high drain batteries with a 20+ amp limit with this device. Be careful where you get them though; make sure they are authentic. Also, be sure to read up on battery safety for mechanical mods if you plan on using "mech mode" with this device. Sony VTC 4s and 5s seem to be the most popular high amp batteries for vaping. Check out this link http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/4848-9-battery-basics-mods-imr-protected.html

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
  • Deleted by Dusty_D

Renerene

Moved On
Sep 5, 2013
Holland
  • Deleted by Dusty_D

SensesFailed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Berwick, PA, USA
To be clear, I sometimes know what I'm doing. And no, I was not doing a test like PBusardo was but I do chain vape. I originally thought PBusardo's test was a little funny since I would stop using any PV long before it got uncomfortably hot to hold. In my case, however, the grip did not seem very warm (though the control unit was definitely very warm -- the temp on the unit read 137 F). The battery cap, however, was pretty hot and just seemed to be getting hotter even though the unit was not in use. I buy regulated mods for the protection they offer. If they do not keep my vaping safe, then I can't recommend it. Having said that, the unit seems to be working fine again.

I absolutely respect what PBusardo does. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he says (and he tells you that your conclusions may be different than his), but he is very thorough and has the most informative and detailed reviews available.

I'm with you on that, I don't think I would recommend it because of this issue, but I haven't had an issue with mine either. I don't know, I've only had it for a few days, so we'll see what happens, hopefully I won't have any issues and maybe we'll see this get taken care of as well, which of course, would be the best thing for everyone.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I have a .4 ohm dual coil build and am finding the vape is MUCH better in mech mode than eithe VV or VW even when setting the volts or watts to match what they would be in mech mode. Is anyone else noticing the same thing? To be fair, SMOK does tell you to use mech mode in sub ohm builds (though I do wish they told you that BEFORE you bought the unit), but I really wanted good regulation for subohming.

Edit: There is definitely an amp limit that is much lower than I'd like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread