Smok stick v8 buzzing sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Buzzing sound, minimal vapor, and vibrating? Definitely not normal and sounds like a major internal defect. I wouldn't use it, and I'd return it to where you purchased it.

:danger:

SMOK has a notorious reputation of making shoddy vape mods with a high failure rate. From parts breaking easily, to just stop working, up to and including exploding and bursting into a ball of flames. You didn't make a good choice choosing SMOK.

should I give smok one more chance
208 Smok Reviews and Complaints @ ...... Consumer
Smok

SMOK Stick X8 Lipo battery explosion

Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Well, I'm asking if the atomizer is still good, can I still use it. About the yes, it's unusable and it's scary to use it.
if by atomizer you mean the tank on top of the battery, then yes.
If you're talking about the battery (stick v8) itself then NO, that's a very bad idea imho. Either bring it back to where you got it for a refund/exchange or buy something else would be a much better idea.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I agree with others. You can keep the "atomizer". If you have a local Home Depot they offer free recycling of lipo batteries. It is a great and safe service. I use them for recycling the lipo batteries from my RC cars, drones, and airplanes. Those batteries really take a beating.

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Probably just a buggy device, but for whatever it's worth, my YiHi chipset based mod buzzes in temperature control mode. It's using pulse width modulation, and buzz is a commonly reported annoyance. Nothing wrong, just annoying. I couldn't tell if the device you bought supports TC mode, some articles implied with TC capable coils it will do so, but not sure. Just a thought.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I couldn't tell if the device you bought supports TC mode, some articles implied with TC capable coils it will do so, but not sure. Just a thought.
OP's model is not even a regulated or variable power mod, let alone have TC. It's basically a mechanical mod with some safety circuitry.

SMOK uses kanthal wire for all of their coils, which do not support Temp Control. There are some coils made by other manufacturers that will work with SMOK tanks that do support TC.

Last edited:

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Your device, with all likeliness, has failed. Better for you to set it aside and stop using it.

Depending on how old your device is, and where you bought it, you may be able to have it serviced or repaired.

Personally I have had some negative experiences seeking service for Smok devices, but you can try - nonetheless.

Be safe.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Smok is a great way to learn when and how to cut your losses. Honestly. It is a great company and teacher in that regard.

If a vape is disposable it should be labelled as such.

Although I STILL think Smok does color and design REALLY well. They just need to become a company that will trick out or repaint old, beaten up mods. I WISH they would do that.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread