The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Smok stick v8 buzzing sound

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by 0djek, Jul 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 0djek

0djek Full Member

Jul 10, 2019
    Hello, once I press fite button on my smok stick v8 mod, it starts buzzing. It still produces vapor, but it doesn't like a lot. Also, it is vibrating a bit. Maybe someone had something similar and could help? Is it fixable? Also, I tested with another atomizer, the buzzing is still there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. My Batt Hurts

My Batt Hurts Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2017
    UK
    Hi. That's odd. I have heard of one or two vapes with "haptic feedback", but I didn't know that was one of them. Are you sure it's a vape?

Is there something else you can use instead? Better safe than sorry.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Buzzing sound, minimal vapor, and vibrating? Definitely not normal and sounds like a major internal defect. I wouldn't use it, and I'd return it to where you purchased it.

:danger:

SMOK has a notorious reputation of making shoddy vape mods with a high failure rate. From parts breaking easily, to just stop working, up to and including exploding and bursting into a ball of flames. You didn't make a good choice choosing SMOK.

should I give smok one more chance
    208 Smok Reviews and Complaints @ Pissed Consumer
    Smok

SMOK Stick X8 Lipo battery explosion

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Buzzing & vibrating from a low quality internal battery power device is not good.

It is a sealed unit not user serviceable other than cleaning the 510 connection points.

I'd find a decent replacement asap.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq Self-Proclaimed Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Thank you for providing yet another testimonial of why not to buy Smok. It is not fixable.
    Why a bad rap?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. 0djek

0djek Full Member

Jul 10, 2019
    Ok, noe it stopped heating at all, or it's heating very very lightly. Is the atomizer still good?

7. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    In my opinion it's the mod and your atomizer is good.

I would turn off the mod and not use it any more.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. 0djek

0djek Full Member

Jul 10, 2019
    Well, I'm asking if the atomizer is still good, can I still use it. About the yes, it's unusable and it's scary to use it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. barkfunklerbunk

barkfunklerbunk Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    How many times/threads/explosions will it take for people to learn to buy something else? The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  10. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    if by atomizer you mean the tank on top of the battery, then yes.
    If you're talking about the battery (stick v8) itself then NO, that's a very bad idea imho. Either bring it back to where you got it for a refund/exchange or buy something else would be a much better idea.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    You can use your tank on pretty much anything that has enough power and a 510 connection (Get something not Smok if you can.)

Dispose of the battery in a safe way you are correct it IS dangerous and scary.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Diver9543

Diver9543 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    I agree with others. You can keep the "atomizer". If you have a local Home Depot they offer free recycling of lipo batteries. It is a great and safe service. I use them for recycling the lipo batteries from my RC cars, drones, and airplanes. Those batteries really take a beating.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. DarrenMG

DarrenMG Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2015
    Probably just a buggy device, but for whatever it's worth, my YiHi chipset based mod buzzes in temperature control mode. It's using pulse width modulation, and buzz is a commonly reported annoyance. Nothing wrong, just annoying. I couldn't tell if the device you bought supports TC mode, some articles implied with TC capable coils it will do so, but not sure. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    OP's model is not even a regulated or variable power mod, let alone have TC. It's basically a mechanical mod with some safety circuitry.

SMOK uses kanthal wire for all of their coils, which do not support Temp Control. There are some coils made by other manufacturers that will work with SMOK tanks that do support TC.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. DarrenMG

DarrenMG Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    That buzzing sound is the smok self destruct warning buzzer, when you hear it you have 5 mins to set it down in a safe place and run like hell before it goes thermonuclear

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. RayofLight62

RayofLight62 Super Member ECF Veteran

Your device, with all likeliness, has failed. Better for you to set it aside and stop using it.

Depending on how old your device is, and where you bought it, you may be able to have it serviced or repaired.

Personally I have had some negative experiences seeking service for Smok devices, but you can try - nonetheless.

Be safe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    If it was me, I'd bite the bullet and toss it. I would get a geekvape aegis mini, aegis solo or aegis legend, depending on your needs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq Self-Proclaimed Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Watch that you don't get Smokholm syndrome. You're better than that!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Smok is a great way to learn when and how to cut your losses. Honestly. It is a great company and teacher in that regard.

If a vape is disposable it should be labelled as such.

Although I STILL think Smok does color and design REALLY well. They just need to become a company that will trick out or repaint old, beaten up mods. I WISH they would do that.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.