Smok Stick V8 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamzaBacevac

Sep 10, 2019
Hello there people.

I bought smok Stick v8 vape today and when I opened the box I took everything out and I set it up but when I tried to start the vape, I clicked five times and nothing happened.I thought it was a battery problem and I put it to charge but now after 2 hours and 30 minutes, it's still the same.Doesn't show any light near a button when I try to start it. Should I worry about this and can someone explain this?
By the way I'm new here and I'm beginner at vaping

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello there people.

I bought Smok Stick V8 vape today and when I opened the box I took everything out and I set it up but when I tried to start the vape, I clicked five times and nothing happened.I thought it was a battery problem and I put it to charge but now after 2 hours and 30 minutes, it's still the same.Doesn't show any light near a button when I try to start it. Should I worry about this and can someone explain this?
By the way I'm new here and I'm beginner at vaping
Hi and welcome,
Return to the shop where you purchased the unit.
They should be able to help you with the unit or refund/replace it if defective.

In general, you have about 1.5-2 seconds to complete 5 clicks. If you are accomplishing the five clicks in that time, you may have received a defective unit.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hi and welcome :)

I like @Izan ‘s answer a lot.

To throw some background on it there are two competing issues:
1. Brand new users are prone to user error
2. SMOK is quite famous for extremely poor manufacturing quality

I like the whole “take it to someone who knows what they are doing and get them to figure it out” solution. This may very well need some hands-on.

• Agree
Reactions: HamzaBacevac

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Since I bought it from site, I can't talk to the shop owner, but I talked to seller from site and he told me he don't know anything about vapes, he just sell them. Like I said, vape was brand new, never opened.
Well copy that. Smok is quite famous for extremely poor manufacturing quality.
So what should I do now?
should I give smok one more chance
Why a bad rap?
208 Smok Reviews and Complaints @ ...... Consumer
Smok

SMOK is rather notorious for not honoring any kind of manufacturer's warranty, but often the vendor who sells it offers their own warranty. Having your device not work straight out of the box would seem to apply for a exchange for a replacement. However, I'd try to arrange for a replacement NOT made by SMOK.

If not, you'll have to accept that this mod purchase was a total loss and move on. I recommend a Geekvape Aegis Solo, but you'd need to also purchase a couple of 18650 batteries and a Li-ion battery recharger, too.

Home security cam video of a SMOK Stick mod exploding while being charged.

Last edited:
Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Since I bought it from site, I can't talk to the shop owner, but I talked to seller from site and he told me he don't know anything about vapes, he just sell them. Like I said, vape was brand new, never opened.
Well copy that. Smok is quite famous for extremely poor manufacturing quality.
So what should I do now?
Part of the issue is it’s hard to know if this is hardware or PEBKAC (no offense meant by that)

Finding a knowledgeable operator to check it remains a preferable solution. Know any?

SMOK is known for fairly well thought out designs. Their failures are generally production quality. They’ve got a rep for an unusually high percentage of DOA products compared to other manufacturers, but that still leaves them with mostly working units. They also tend to fail faster than other devices, but it’s brand new so that’s not much of a factor yet.

Possibles:
-you’re not hitting the power button enough times or rapidly enough to turn it on. Maybe try hitting it six times as fast as you can?

- are there any B&M stores in your area that sell that model?

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'll let it be on the charger for 5,6 more hours and I'll tell you how it goes..
The smok stock v8 is an internal battery screenless device. Generally stuff like this communicates with the user though “blinky light codes”.

I don’t know what the codes are for that particular device myself. They change by model and manufacturer.

Finding out what they are might prove useful though.

Reactions: Eskie

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
There is a strong possibility it is what we vapers called 'broken'. SMOK have an atrocious track record of poor quality devices that go splat. I'm with Izan, take/send it back where you bought it, if it is indeed broken you are in the right place for a refund.

HamzaBacevac

Sep 10, 2019
Thanks for replying guys.
So should I leave it to lay some hours on charger or should I pack the vape inside the box and try to refund it.
I already clicked many times the power button so fast that I could , nothing happens.
Btw this is the site I ordered from. I'm from Serbia : www . kupujemprodajem . com

It's actually weird because It shows that its charging, it shows little red dot.. So is it problem at battery or?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There is a strong possibility it is what we vapers called 'broken'. SMOK have an atrocious track record of poor quality devices that go splat. I'm with Izan, take/send it back where you bought it, if it is indeed broken you are in the right place for a refund.
It chaps me a bit to send a device that might still be functional back as a return, but the reseller seems to have chosen this as their preferred method. Plus the whole “I don’t know anything about e-cigarettes I just sell them” thing disinclines me to want to cut him a break.

Reactions: HamzaBacevac

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So should I leave it to lay some hours on charger or should I pack the vape inside the box and try to refund it.
I already clicked many times the power button so fast that I could , nothing happens.
Btw this is the site I ordered from. I'm from Serbia : https://www.kupujemprodajem.com
It sounds like it is dead on arrival, so I would try to arrange a replacement or refund. With as little as an hours charge time, you should at the very least be able to turn the mod on.

Being that it is a SMOK, I wouldn't use it if I could avoid using it. Get another brand with a better reputation.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Btw this is the site I ordered from. I'm from Serbia : https://www.kupujemprodajem.com
Wow. What a mess. I can see why they don’t know anything about e-cigarettes. I know nothing about Serbian ecig availability and legal status. Legal status and availability varies drastically from country to country.
If there isn’t any local knowledge and experience available to you a return may be the only option.

Do they have any other devices by other manufacturers available? I can’t manage to wade through that thing myself

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread